ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - tOSU Dual Thread

Yeah and FU to the idiot who hopes I'm a troll, I did expect Nevills to put up more of a defense than he exhibited. God damn, he's the no. 1 Hwt out of high school with 50 pound advantage, you can't give up your ankles like you've never been on the mat before no matter how good Snyder is. He should have been able to counter better in a folkstyle match than he did tonight. He looked completely lost out there despite how damn good Snyder is. He's good and 50 pounds heavier, exhibit some sort of defense for Christ's sake.
First, there wasn't a fifty pound weight difference. 25 pounds probably, and there isn't a whole lot of whatever Snyder carries that doesn't generate horsepower.

Second, Snyder is the only guy wrestling in college who is the best in the world. At his weight there is nobody on the planet who right now is better.
The units required to measure each other's quality are different metrics entirely.

I think you are being unnecessarily overly critical of Nick, but if that's how you see it?

I might of missed it and if I did I apologize but what is wrong with Zain that he is only 70%?

I thought he was sick during the Iowa match. I was at the Rider match last year and his Iowa match reminded me of his Rider match last.

Reactions: Antaeus
Did our guys play Duck Duck Goose before the match?

If so, did BoJo play?

No BoJo - the tans should be ashamed. Cowards

I don't follow as closely as I should, but what is the deal with Bo Jordan? I cannot believe that all of this inactivity can be beneficial for him. Is he hurt? Personal issues?

Right now, I think Valencia beats him.

Note: Ryan sitting BoJo is NOT the same thing as Brands sitting Clark: BoJo, in fact DID go against Meyer the week before, while Clark is trying to wrestle with a god damn bowling hand and a giant black sling.

Not the same thing. Ryan showed no stones and did it solely to protect BoJo's seed. That SHOULD be taken into account when the rankings come down next week, but it won't.
That's just simply not true...

I was upset as anyone when I saw Bo wasn't wrestling last night, pissed in fact may be a better word.

Reflecting later, and again this is if Bo isn't completely 100% healthy, what was the point in sending him out there? With the match completely out of hand??

Now if Bo was healthy, I can tell you a point in sending him out there with the match out of reach.. How bout the 15,000 + in attendance who just watched the team get mauled and could at least brag about having 3 potential champs if Bo handled Hall!??

But the evidence is CLEAR Bo isn't healthy. He wrestled at Carver after being in a walking book just 8days earlier because the match was still up in the air team wise.

He didn't shoot until the 3rd period because of his toe. He said so afterwards he just needs to get healthy. Turf toe is one of the worst injuries to reaggravate and one of the worst to have as a wrestler.

There was way more to risk and lose with the match out of hand sending Bo out there then to do so simply to appease us fans. Including protecting a seed, which falls about 3-4th in importance when weighing all the cons in sending him out.

Bitterly disappointed, completely understand.

That's just simply not true...

I was upset as anyone when I saw Bo wasn't wrestling last night, pissed in fact may be a better word.

Reflecting later, and again this is if Bo isn't completely 100% healthy, what was the point in sending him out there? With the match completely out of hand??

Now if Bo was healthy, I can tell you a point in sending him out there with the match out of reach.. How bout the 15,000 + in attendance who just watched the team get mauled and could at least brag about having 3 potential champs if Bo handled Hall!??

But the evidence is CLEAR Bo isn't healthy. He wrestled at Carver after being in a walking book just 8days earlier because the match was still up in the air team wise.

He didn't shoot until the 3rd period because of his toe. He said so afterwards he just needs to get healthy. Turf toe is one of the worst injuries to reaggravate and one of the worst to have as a wrestler.

There was way more to risk and lose with the match out of hand sending Bo out there then to do so simply to appease us fans. Including protecting a seed, which falls about 3-4th in importance when weighing all the cons in sending him out.

Bitterly disappointed, completely understand.

LOL turf toe, what a joke. I know it is painful, but it really can't get worse. Oranges.

Anyone know why Ryan was held out at 157?
Don't know officially, but word was a few days ago that he was on the hairy edge of getting benched. Not sure if there's an injury or something else going on, but he's been fading like it's the NCAA Tournament for them.

Anyone know why Ryan was held out at 157?
Coach Ryan made some comments in their student newspaper, The Lantern, earlier in the week that Jake wasn't wrestling. Privacy may prevent any disclosure...he sure hasn't matched last year's performance.

Did our guys play Duck Duck Goose before the match?

If so, did BoJo play?

Ok I keep reading stuff for a while now many guys taking jabs at BoJo regarding why he did not attend PSU. Stuff like they do not work hard enough? Please someone fill me in exactly the story and what he said! It is driving me crazy. Thanks.

Young Ryan didn't wrestle because his "pop" didn't want to see him get tortured, plain and simple. He had no problem "sacrificing" a back up - gutless move. The guy is as phony as they come.

Young Ryan didn't wrestle because his "pop" didn't want to see him get tortured, plain and simple. He had no problem "sacrificing" a back up - gutless move. The guy is as phony as they come.
...and you know this how?

Ok I keep reading stuff for a while now many guys taking jabs at BoJo regarding why he did not attend PSU. Stuff like they do not work hard enough? Please someone fill me in exactly the story and what he said! It is driving me crazy. Thanks.
I tried googling this last week because the question came up. I believe it was in an Intermat article by an Ohio State blogger when he committed. Unfortunately the blog is no longer active and the Intermat Article had a title but no story - maybe it was a blog link that's now kaput.

Anyway, he said something like Cael pushed late for his services and it was close, but he decided to go to Ohio State because the room and training were more intense and serious - the negative implication being that Cael's methods were too laid back. I am going from memory, but that's the gist of it.

I tried googling this last week because the question came up. I believe it was in an Intermat article by an Ohio State blogger when he committed. Unfortunately the blog is no longer active and the Intermat Article had a title but no story - maybe it was a blog link that's now kaput.

Anyway, he said something like Cael pushed late for his services and it was close, but he decided to go to Ohio State because the room and training were more intense and serious - the negative implication being that Cael's methods were too laid back. I am going from memory, but that's the gist of it.

Thank for the info, appreciate it!

Funny is off the top of my head I could cite so many examples of Ohio State guys fading/gassing in matches. PSU wrestlers almost always are in fantastic shape, pushing the pace, and very offensive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT