ADVERTISEMENT

PSU to alumni trustees--FU

Old main before 2011.
penn-state-kids2.jpg

Old Main today.
castle-walls-from-street1.jpg

here's the deal . . . in a previous lifetime, I was heavily involved in politics. Public records requests were frequently denied under any specious reason. A city councilman is quoted in the paper as saying he did not want the information released because he was concerned his political opponents would use it against him.

I know these types of people. This is not about complying with the law, it is their arrogant "fear" this information will make them look bad. and God forbid someone make them look bad.

Penn State has been saying FU to not only the alumni trustees, but FU to most of its long term and most loyal alumni for close to five years. As many have said, loyalty to Penn State's way of thinking is a one way street.
Exactly right. Starting with STEP and continuing, unabated, to the present day, Penn State has turned its back on its loyal sons and daughters. The arrogant bast'ds in charge have told us nothing matters but our donations and only if they are large enough to suit their voracious appetites for cash.

Reactions: simons96
Interesting filing by PSU
1) Claim attorney privilege b/w Freeh and interviewees.
2) Actions by BOT and PSU do not rely on Freeh report, but stand on their own, except for purpose of the consent decree. Huh?
3) Alumni trustees are driven by their own personal agendas and their words have been twisted against them
4) Don't want anyone looking at the mental notes and observations of Freeh interviewers.
5) PSU claims that they are protecting employees and others who were interviewed, but there were reports of intimidation of employees if they did not cooperate.

What I don't understand is why PSU can't ask those interviewed if they wish to waive the purported claim of attorney privilege. Spanier has, I'm sure Jay would, and I think others would as well, especially when they don't know how the info. was used or is an accurate representation of what they said. Take the gag order off.

It is amazing, that when you think you've gotten to the point that it can't get any more absurd, it does.

Reactions: fairgambit
No you can't see the Freeh files you bunch of leakers.

After reading PSU's response http://www.psu.edu/ur/2014/PSU_Memorandum_In_Opposition.pdf to the dissident's petition all I can say is WOW! A surgical masterpiece that all but chopped their legs off at the knees. This was a take no prisoners response even calling out certain trustees by name and accusing them in no uncertain terms of being untrustworthy and having a private agenda not aligned with the university's mission. And it's oh so true. These certain trustees should be grateful to the university that it didn't publicly embarrass them further by giving specific examples as to why they can't be trusted, instead reserving them for the court alone. Further, the response sent a clear message that if certain trustees continue to make a mockery of their positions by working against the university and administration, they could and will be subject to the Lubrano rule.

I encourage everyone in this forum to read the first 33 pages of the above linked document and if you come away not appreciating the university's position, then you are likely not capable of complex thought and/or lack critical thinking skills.

these sick bastards have no morals, no conscience. They are dead inside. I include Cruising among the sick bastards

Reactions: jjsocrates
I see CR666 has the night shift again. Hint: It can be as flowery as you want it since you are not the audience. But PSU has along history of fighting losing, rear-guard, legal actions -- ones that never had a chance of success, to the bitter end. JoePa's salary for starters. All existing law to that point had been opposed to PSU's stance. If you'd like to pin your hopes on rewriting existing case law vis-a-vis nonprofit behavior/responsibilities, be my guest. As far as your superiors, get ready for a lot of "Buck Farron" buttons/flags at tailgates this fall.

Reactions: jjsocrates
Well, one of our alumni trustees (Lubrano) is a PROVEN leaker. Sorry, but the fear is legitimate. I remember those trial balloon posts Lubrano was making here 2 days before the CNN Report in June 2012.

After reading PSU's response http://www.psu.edu/ur/2014/PSU_Memorandum_In_Opposition.pdf to the dissident's petition all I can say is WOW! A surgical masterpiece that all but chopped their legs off at the knees. This was a take no prisoners response even calling out certain trustees by name and accusing them in no uncertain terms of being untrustworthy and having a private agenda not aligned with the university's mission. And it's oh so true. These certain trustees should be grateful to the university that it didn't publicly embarrass them further by giving specific examples as to why they can't be trusted, instead reserving them for the court alone. Further, the response sent a clear message that if certain trustees continue to make a mockery of their positions by working against the university and administration, they could and will be subject to the Lubrano rule.

I encourage everyone in this forum to read the first 33 pages of the above linked document and if you come away not appreciating the university's position, then you are likely not capable of complex thought and/or lack critical thinking skills.

WtF? I have always somewhat given you the benefit of the doubt when it comes to intelligence. Now I am not sure anymore. I am not going to give you the benefit of the doubt on sanity though, you are batshit crazy.

LMAO....the first four pages alone (the Introduction - which outlines their "best points") should be enough to make any non-corrupted Judge chuckle.

Barring a Judge who is literally "in pocket", this thing has no chance.

This is great news.
This is the best they can come up with? "You don't need it, and you'll tell everybody?"
Its the "Liar, Liar" defense.

AND, this action by the Scoundrels gets added to the fuel for Board Reform.

Again, barring an utterly "in pocket" Judge ...this is a Win-Win.

AND we get the added bonus of the BootLicker whoring himself out again.....and providing comic relief for all! What a pitiful sub-human.

Last edited:
I see CR666 has the night shift again. Hint: It can be as flowery as you want it since you are not the audience. But PSU has along history of fighting losing, rear-guard, legal actions -- ones that never had a chance of success, to the bitter end. You mean like the dissident's petition to get their names on the PSAA ballot which failed and their petition to postpone the trustee elections? I think PSU won those court battles. No? JoePa's salary for starters. All existing law to that point had been opposed to PSU's stance. If you'd like to pin your hopes on rewriting existing case law vis-a-vis nonprofit behavior/responsibilities, be my guest.I think PSU's response addresses the existing case law more than adequately and they proffer other court opinions to support their arguments. As far as your superiors, get ready for a lot of "Buck Farron" buttons/flags at tailgates this fall. Nope, Keith likes country music and voted for Buck Owens.

I think CR is an asshat. I think the university is seriously broken, and is hiding something. I support the efforts to learn the truth. I think this court battle should have happened at the beginning. This timing may hurt the case because the filing is using it as a weapon.

I think CR is an asshat. I think the university is seriously broken, and is hiding something. I support the efforts to learn the truth. I think this court battle should have happened at the beginning. This timing may hurt the case because the filing is using it as a weapon.

you are being too cruel to asshats

I gotta' agree with you accros the board PS8er.

I also wish the actions came 2 years ago.

I also wish the elected folks hadn't (in an attempt to illustrate the willingness to compromise) supported the Corman sellout (there's a gift that keeps on giving....f'n Scumbag Jake).

But, that said, those are minor issues in the overall picture (IMHO).

Reactions: simons96
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT