ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Rutgers Match Thread

Will Seth Nevills become the best wrestler of his most impressive wrestling family?

What say you, all-knowing board?

I will enjoy watching DeSanto whip RBY again on Jan 31. Hope you can watch.

You seem a little cranky today.
040000001027.jpg

You seem a little cranky today.
040000001027.jpg
Thanks! Now I feel better and can see there is no point in debating with your guy NittanyChris. He can’t comprehend that any team other than Penn St has a lot of great wrestlers. He actually has 2 threads trying to hammer home the point. We will just have to wait until March to know for sure. Maybe I will be the one with egg on my face but I’m seriously doubting it.

Thanks! Now I feel better and can see there is no point in debating with your guy NittanyChris. He can’t comprehend that any team other than Penn St has a lot of great wrestlers. He actually has 2 threads trying to hammer home the point. We will just have to wait until March to know for sure. Maybe I will be the one with egg on my face but I’m seriously doubting it.
Ah the old straw man argument. I never made that claim at all. I have acknowledged many times that Spencer, Marinelli, and Kemerer are great wrestlers. However, I still claim Lugo, Young, Warner and Murin are overranked. The two are not mutually exclusive. Nice try though, in your unsuccessful attempt to distort my position. Good day, sir.

Somebody needs to.
It really is kind of a perfect storm in reverse. The Busiello kid is eligible but isn't a 157 pounder, the Berge kid has a very dangerous head injury, there is nobody else, so we have a 149 pounder who has been cutting weight go out nightly.

Can Joe Lee Make 157????o_O

I like your thinking. If he could get there I think he could AA. However with another year under his belt he could do some real damage next year.

Have him go this year and shirt along with big bro next?

We have a crazy number of permutations to come up with a 149 157 combo. What do you think of Gardner at 149 and Verk at 157?

In any case not out of the realm of possibility is:

149 - Verk or Gardner or Pipher or Busiello

157 - Berge or Pipher or Verk or Gardner or Busiello or Lee

Both lists probably in that order of probability.

I like your thinking. If he could get there I think he could AA. However with another year under his belt he could do some real damage next year.

Have him go this year and shirt along with big bro next?

We have a crazy number of permutations to come up with a 149 157 combo. What do you think of Gardner at 149 and Verk at 157?

In any case not out of the realm of possibility is:

149 - Verk or Gardner or Pipher or Busiello

157 - Berge or Pipher or Verk or Gardner or Busiello or Lee

Both lists probably in that order of probability.
Joe Lee wrestle around 165 at the scuffle, how long would it have to take to get to 157. Early Feb. Or mid Feb at the latest.

Joe Lee wrestle around 165 at the scuffle, how long would it have to take to get to 157. Early Feb. Or mid Feb at the latest.
Weekend of 1/30 -- presuming he's certified at 157.

I don't have access to his certification on Track, but I'm skeptical since he's listed as 165 on the official roster, not 157/165.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
Except for those leg-extensions in the scrambles. DT expressed the concern that I'm sure all of Nittany Nation was thinking (and cringing) before he could say it.
I had the volume off due to the football game. I think I was more worried about RBY not injuring his knee than I was about winning the match!

Reactions: slushhead
I had the volume off due to the football game. I think I was more worried about RBY not injuring his knee than I was about winning the match!

Not verbatim, but DT said something along the lines of "Ooh, you gotta be careful with your knee in this situation."

Reactions: diggerpup
I ended up recording this match, but youtube won't let me upload videos that are over an hour long and splitting the two recordings i made would be too much of a pain for it to be worth it. Here are google drive links to both parts (125-157 and 165-285 respectively)

(click the arrow thingy that appears in the top right when you mouseover to watch since they will otherwise appear to be loading forever)

double edit (wow it's all nicely embedded now!)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT