ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Rutgers Dual Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
I'm setting this up in advance.

Time:
2 pm EST

TV:
this will be carried on the Big Ten Network (BTN), for those that have that as part of their cable or DISH package

Video:
if you subscribe to BTN via your cable company, but are not near a TV, you can watch streamed video on BTN2GO, at:

https://www.btn2go.com/game/penn-st-at-rutgers-on-01282018

Audio:
Byers' radio PBP will be streamed, with the pre-match portion starting at 1:40 pm EST:

http://www.gopsusports.com/collegesportslive/?media=565457

Live Scoring:
If you can't access BTN, BTN2GO, or the audio stream, you can follow the scoring on TrackWrestling at:

http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/se...09&pageName=DualMatches.jsp&dualId=6073785009

I should be able to do PBP (90% sure of that).

Please use this thread to post comments about the matches, about the team's performance in the dual, about the TV or Radio commentary, etc. If you are replying to another comment, please use the Quote function.

Thoughts on Kenner's chances today?

I'd love to see him follow up on his strong 3rd period on Friday, and knock off Delvecchio, who I believe is ranked 19 on Intermat.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Thoughts on Kenner's chances today?

That's the match that I found the most difficult to predict in the KYPSW competition. Based on their respective records, there isn't much of a difference between the two. Keener has had a few matches where he gave up an early TD and pretty much gave away the 1st period (as happened against McKee on Friday). He also has matches where there are long periods on the feet where he doesn't shoot a lot. And then you watch what he did in the 3rd period against McKee, and you wonder what it takes to flip the switch in him.

I initially picked Delvecchio to win a narrow decision, and ended up flipping my prediction to a narrow decision by Keener.

Reactions: hlstone and Ja1339
That's the match that I found the most difficult to predict in the KYPSW competition. Based on their respective records, there isn't much of a difference between the two. Keener has had a few matches where he gave up an early TD and pretty much gave away the 1st period (as happened against McKee on Friday). He also has matches where there are long periods on the feet where he doesn't shoot a lot. And then you watch what he did in the 3rd period against McKee, and you wonder what it takes to flip the switch in him.

I initially picked Delvecchio to win a narrow decision, and ended up flipping my prediction to a narrow decision by Keener.

Sure hope you're right Tom....and it could be a really long day for the cruiseliners if you are :)

expecting the first ever sellout in any sport at the RAC today

From CS:

Cassar has been fantastic, working out for 2 years while injured. It's a great opportunity for him today.

Hopeful that Keener will continue what took place in the 3rd period against Minny. He wrestled with a little more emotion and passion. He can wrestle -- hope Friday can kickstart him

Suriano -- CS hasn't watched him this year. He's a great wrestler. He's good in all 3 positions. Devin is going to have his hands full

5 returning champs -- they are enjoying themselves. They like wrestling here, every time they step out on the mat. They enjoy big matches. They rise to the occasion. They need to have to be ready to roll today, especially at 65

DT winning the Gold -- he's wrestling really well. He could win a medal in the World Championship. Nobody should be surprised that he won Yarygin.

Final road dual -- competitors enjoy being in somebody else's arena. This crowd takes a back seat to nobody, and will be loud. We need to wrestle well today

125: Schnupp vs. #1 Nick Suriano
133: Keener vs. #19 Delvecchio
141: #7 Nick Lee vs. Michael Van Brill
149: #1 ZPain vs. #13 Eleazor DeLuca
157: #1 Nolf vs. #17 John Van Brill
165: #1 Joseph vs. #11 Richie Lewis
174: #2 Hall vs. Joe Grello
184: #1 Nickal vs. #12 Nick Gravina
197: Anthony Cassar vs. Anthony Messner
285: #6 Nevills vs. Rozohnn Gross

glad BTN is doing a feature for the only guy on RU roster that will get a win today.

Reactions: diggerpup
feel bad for schnupp...hes about to get some revenge wrestling laid down on him and i think that kid from NJ is going to abuse him bad.

125: Devin Schnupp vs. #1 Nick Suriano

Per 1
Suriano in early on a single, switches to a double and drives in to get the TD, 0-2. Schnupp up, tripped back down, but he's out, 1-2. Schnupp shoots, blocked. Suriano in on a double, elevates, and gets the TD, 1-4. Working a 2-on-1 and gets a tilt but only gets 1 swipe, and they go OOB at 1:29 left. RT goes over 1 min. Suriano cuts him, 2-4. Schnupp shoots, but Suriano counters and gets the TD, 2-6. Suriano working hard to turn him, but Schnupp stays pretty flat. PD stoppage with 13 seconds. End. RT at 2:10 for Suriano

Per 2
Blood time for Schnupp. Suriano takes bottom. He's out in 5 sec, 2-7. Suriano bulls in and gets a TD, 2-9. Eventually he cuts him, 3-9. Schnupp shoots a double, gets blocked, and Suriano with the TD, 3-11, and then quickly cuts him, 4-11. Suriano in on a single, Schnupp tries a whizzer, but Suriano gets the other ankle for the TD, 4-13. End. RT at 3:09 for Suriano

Per 3
Schnupp takes bottom. Suriano with an optional start, Schnupp with an esc but Suriano right in for a TD, then cuts him ... 6-15. Suriano snaps down the head and slips behind, and nearly gets NF, 6-17. He cuts him, and gets a quick TD, 7-19. He tilts Schnupp and is getting swipes. Schnupp in trouble, and Suriano gets the pin near the end of the match.

0-6, Rutgers

Wow, thought Keener had another TD at the end of the 2nd period, before they rolled OB. A little surprised PSU didn't challenge that.

Reactions: PapaBearSLIM
133: Keener vs. #19 Scott Delvecchio

Per 1
Delvecchio reaches,nothing. Stalemate at 2:04 left. Keener reaches again, nothing. Too many tie ups for my liking. Delvecchio gets in on a single, gets behind and gets the TD, 0-2. OOB at 58 sec. Keener up to his base, tries to peel hands but gets tripped back down. Back to base again, taken back down, then OOB at 17 sec. Sitout by Keener, nothing. Rideout. RT at 1:04 for Delvecchio

Per 2
Delvecchio takes bottom. He's up quickly, and out in 7 sec, 0-3. Keener in on a double, elevates, and gets the TD, 2-3. He throws in a boot, Del stands, and he's out, 2-4. RT under 1 min. Reach by Del, nothing. Keener shoots for a double, in deep, but he drove him OOB before he got it. 7 sec left. End. RT at 44 sec for Delvecchio

Per 3
Neutral to start. Semi shot by Keener, and semi-counter by Del, nothing. Tie-up city. 1 min left. Nobody shooting. 30 sec left. Keener started to shoot, blocked. Keener in on a single, blocked. 15 sec left. Good grief, Delvecchio gets a TD at the buzzer, 2-6. It seemed that Keener was trying to push him OOB, and got sloppy.

0-9, Rutgers

Keener didn't think he could take him down twice in the 3rd. Instead he hoped for a takedown/rideout with under 30 seconds left. Obviously, didn't work out. Not a fan of that.

Reactions: NittanyLion84
Keener didn't think he could take him down twice in the 3rd. Instead he hoped for a takedown/rideout with under 30 seconds left. Obviously, didn't work out. Not a fan of that.

And would need yet another TD. Gotta shoot earlier.

141: #7 Nick Lee vs. Michael Van Brill

Per 1
Lee reaches for a single, nothing. Reaches again, nothing. Go closer on a reach, but was blocked. Lee gets a single as the ref gives him a warning call. Lee elevates then gets behind, 2-0. Tries a cradle, gives up on it, and Van Brill gets out, 2-1. Lee reaches, gets a single but Van Brill is sprawled. Lee keeps working around, switched to a double and got the TD, 4-1. Flattens Van Brill. End. RT at 48 sec for Lee

Per 2
Van Brill takes bottom. Van tries a switch, gets to his feet, and is out as RT goes just over 1 min (1:03), 4-2. Brill with overhooks, looked to try to set something up, but out. Lee gets in on a single, Van Brill sprawls, and a stalemate at 54 sec. 30 sec left. Lee reached for a single, Van Brill blocked. Van Brill with overhooks again. Stalemate with 5 sec left. Blood time for Lee. End.

Per 3
Lee takes bottom. Van Brill is tough on top. Lee nearly out but not. Lee up, and is out at 1:03 left, 5-2. RT down to 6 sec or Lee, so it's a non-factor. Van Brill tries a throw, nothing. Lee in on a single, Van Brill sprawls, and a stalemate with 16 sec. Van Brill tries a throw-by, Lee locks up a single, and there's the buzzer. Final, 5-2

3-9, Rutgers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT