ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Nebraska 2020 Dual Thread

Watched the Cassioppi-Traub match last night afterwards and Cassioppi is really good on his feet. But Traub rode him really hard and Cassioppi only got out late in the period. Cassiopppi-Nevills should be very interesting, not sure Cassioppi is getting out on Seth, but he sure is dangerous from neutral.

For as big as Big Snacks is, he has given me a couple of scares with his neutral balance. Avoiding feet-to-back vs. Cassioppi will be paramount.

Funny enough I just noticed this. Eric Schultz gave Bo arguably his toughest match last year. He was one of two people Bo didn't bonus last year (he hit a 90% bonus rate, Good Lord), the other was Kollin Moore. He wrestled him to a 8-6 loss at Rec Hall (I think he got a "garbage time" take down but still pretty impressive because Bo is always seeking to pin you)

So Shak isn't there yet but he isn't losing to scrubs (Davison and Schultz). He has a ways to go but he has 2 months still. I believe in Shak.

jeez, relax...Shak is just back from injury and is only weighing in at 193 at moment. you may be surprised at what he can do at Big 10's. I know he will look much better than tonight.

P.S. WAY TO GO SNACKS!!!!!
Not sure what the 193 has to do with anything. The year he won the 197 pound spot he wrestled at 192 - 194.

Chertow is not a great announcer, but maybe we can be less harsh toward a fellow PSU alum.
He was pretty bad. I had several moments where I was wondering if he had joined the Nebraska student body broadcasting crew.

Not sure what the 193 has to do with anything. The year he won the 197 pound spot he wrestled at 192 - 194.
Being Healthy for more than just a few weeks is most important factor

and your absolutely right, weight has nothing to do with wrestling...My bad. ;)

Being Healthy for more than just a few weeks is most important factor

and your absolutely right, weight has nothing to do with wrestling...My bad. ;)
If he weighed 183 yeah, but previous success at 197 while weighing 193 does indicate the "193" point a little pointless.;)

Good point. I wonder how Morgan Macintosh’s career might’ve been different had he had a solid redshirt year and not have had to wrestle as a true freshman up a weight. Maybe his confidence and momentum would have made a difference.

or he wasn’t homesick the entire time in Pa....:p

If he weighed 183 yeah, but previous success at 197 while weighing 193 does indicate the "193" point a little pointless.;)
its now January 26, National Tourney is March 19th. My point was merely that with the Lineup change Shak no longer needs to cut to 184. Now healthy, how much Good weight can he put on in 2 months? If his weight is "pointless" you must assume he is not doing any weight training? Maybe you are right as I have no insider info....but I would hope he is trying to maximize his optimum weight/Strength by March 19?

How much "good Weight" can an athlete that expends the kind of calories Division 1 Wrestlers do throughout the training season put on in 2 months?? Maybe it is wishful thinking on my part?

I'm not sure how much it has to do with how Shak is doing right now, but in terms of his weight, remember that he did cut down to make weight at 184 against ASU in November. That said, I think confidence, feeling comfortable out there, is more of a factor. I'm hopeful that over the next 1 1/2 months Shak will get his old form back. We haven't yet seen it, but it's there inside. He just needs to bring it out!

Venz just got beat against Coffey from Mich st.

To borrow from pop culture (Seinfeld?), Venz is an enigma wrapped inside a riddle . . . or is it a mystery wrapped inside a riddle? Either way, he is one of those talented guys that could place anywhere from #2 to R16, and whatever the outcome, it would not be surprising in the least.

Venz just got beat against Coffey from Mich st.
Both of those guys have inconsistent results. Venz really looked inspired Fri against Brooks. I have not seen him look that sharp from neutral before. He can be a bear on top, but I've not seen him that aggressive in neutral. I don't see AB's match against Venz as indicating anything in terms of our optimism for AB's future.

its now January 26, National Tourney is March 19th. My point was merely that with the Lineup change Shak no longer needs to cut to 184. Now healthy, how much Good weight can he put on in 2 months? If his weight is "pointless" you must assume he is not doing any weight training? Maybe you are right as I have no insider info....but I would hope he is trying to maximize his optimum weight/Strength by March 19?

How much "good Weight" can an athlete that expends the kind of calories Division 1 Wrestlers do throughout the training season put on in 2 months?? Maybe it is wishful thinking on my part?
I would be ecstatic if he just found some good shots and some good cradles.

Reactions: manmythlegend1
Both of those guys have inconsistent results. Venz really looked inspired Fri against Brooks. I have not seen him look that sharp from neutral before. He can be a bear on top, but I've not seen him that aggressive in neutral. I don't see AB's match against Venz as indicating anything in terms of our optimism for AB's future.

Venz almost beats Zahid and then goes and loses 6 times. Go figure.

To borrow from pop culture (Seinfeld?), Venz is an enigma wrapped inside a riddle . . . or is it a mystery wrapped inside a riddle? Either way, he is one of those talented guys that could place anywhere from #2 to R16, and whatever the outcome, it would not be surprising in the least.
Did you just call Venz a commie?

russia-is-a-riddle-wrapped-in-a-mystery-inside-an-enigma-73664.jpg

Nebby is good and getting better. They have more ranked wrestlers than us and a pretty tough lineup top to bottom. They were pumped and it showed. Good for them, good for wrestling. Basically the higher ranked guy won, except at HW where folks are just trying to figure out Snacks. He's pretty good.

Our studs do what studs are supposed to do at PSU.....score big. I tore an ACL once and being tentative is natural, despite all the resources Shaq has at his disposal. We have a pretty damn good team with three starters out and one guy recovering from ACL surgery.

There were times when it would have been nice to Chertow to just be quiet. It's not his nature. He is a PSU alum and Olympian. There are so many grating people in this world, I would rather listen to a grating great, than 99% of the people on TV today.......but that is just me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT