ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread PSU @ Iowa in-match discussion thread

ajpRWL1.jpg

Disappointing.

Glad to see my prediction was wrong. Whole team looked good. Beau and Levi were great. Iowa battled hard too, Caliendo and Kennedy were pushing in the 3rd. Glad to see Glazier getting his due instead of Ferrari.

Reactions: mcpat

Ref is such a joker - calls stalling on Truax when Riggins stalled almost the entire 1st Period on bottom.
In all fairness, I just posted on our board that one of the most glaring signs that this is coaching is Penn State wrestlers all ride the same. Ankle hook, heavy forward pressure , and taking away the arm.
These guys all didn't ride that way coming in. It's a devastating ride.
It's a technique that Cael and company are teaching these guys.

Reactions: LHavenlion
In all fairness, I just posted on our board that one of the most glaring signs that this is coaching is Penn State wrestlers all ride the same. Ankle hook, heavy forward pressure , and taking away the arm.
These guys all didn't ride that way coming in. It's a devastating ride.
It's a technique that Cael and company are teaching these guys.
Those Karate chops take a toll I bet

Glad to see my prediction was wrong. Whole team looked good. Beau and Levi were great. Iowa battled hard too, Caliendo and Kennedy were pushing in the 3rd. Glad to see Glazier getting his due instead of Ferrari.
yea, I was wrong. I thought Carver would have turned out 3 winners. PSU's largest margin of victory over Iowa...

That was a beat down of huge proportions. PSU’s 2 true freshmen lost. That’s it. Outside of the four takedowns in those two matches, 3 vs. Kasak, what did Iowa have? One, maybe two… and what was the cumulative riding time? That was a heavy blanket on their backs. Wow. Iowa guys were game but they were skunked. Have you ever heard Carver so quiet? Iowa boards must be nuts but the difference in the two programs is remarkable. Even the Brands boy were quiet. DGable must be fuming after the Michigan and PSU drubbings and Nebraska rolled scUM tonight.

That was a beat down of huge proportions. PSU’s 2 true freshmen lost. That’s it. Outside of the four takedowns in those two matches, 3 vs. Kasak, what did Iowa have? One, maybe two… and what was the cumulative riding time? That was a heavy blanket on their backs. Wow. Iowa guys were game but they were skunked. Have you ever heard Carver so quiet? Iowa boards must be nuts but the difference in the two programs is remarkable. Even the Brands boy were quiet. DGable must be fuming after the Michigan and PSU drubbings and Nebraska rolled scUM tonight.
He’s happy we beat Nebraska 22-10. Best we got.

Iowa boards are really not nuts, kind of what we expected. Most think it's time for a coaching change.
It's not only the recruits, it's the coaching and match planning.
Cael is a master.
No one had any thought that we would win.

Reactions: David Keller
Levi was the most impressive for me tonight but I think Bartlett had the biggest win. Woods handled him last year and even with last week I felt this was probably a pick em. Bartlett set the pace with his first period Td and then made a statement with his td in the 3rd. Really solidified himself at number 1 with his performance

I think this was the Perfect match! Everybody looked good! the two true freshman took a good loss. Everybody else had great wins! We are rounding into shape for NCAA'S as always!!!! I am a little drunk and very happy!!!

Levi was the most impressive for me tonight but I think Bartlett had the biggest win. Woods handled him last year and even with last week I felt this was probably a pick em. Bartlett set the pace with his first period Td and then made a statement with his td in the 3rd. Really solidified himself at number 1 with his performance
I watched the Nick Lee match last year in Vegas. I called this last spring. He's an animal.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldenanimal
I think this was great for Beau. But after last week I'm not certain something is up with Real. Time will tell. Not taking anything away from Beau, especially the way he won!

Reactions: hlstone and Ski
Thought Iowa wrestled with typical aggressive hand fighting. The 2 freshman will learn. Kaysak wants to work shrugs, he will learn to be ready for counters.
Davis got sloppy early. His biggest problem was trying to setup a move when Ayala was on one knee. I think the ref could of nailed Ayala for a stall with the one knee defense.

Seriously? What about the one on Truax? He worked to turn for 2 minutes straight and got hit and told to look to score. Horrible call
Yeah, forgot about the stall on Truax; don't understand that one either. But all the other stall calls were justified.

Reactions: zzs006
He’s a gentle giant. Sometimes I wish he had a little Carter in him. (And sometimes I wish Carter had a little Kerk in him.)
Jayden Cox is the most gentle giant I've ever seen. Nicest bad ass on the planet. Wish he would have stuck with it.

Reactions: OzarkLion
Worst decision of night was Cunningham challenging the hands violation on a match that wasn't in doubt. Still had 3 bouts to go.
Note, I didn't think it was the correct call

I think we can all agree, this ref sucked. Stopping action in the middle of a scramble, calling stalling in the middle of the mat on a wrestler trying not to get taken down.
Both ways, total shit show.
Calling stalling 10 seconds into a ride, top and bottom.
Idiocy.
You also have to have some mercy on the bottom guy. It's not stalling when you can't get the f up from some of these guys when you are on the bottom. It's because they are that freaking good and no one is getting up.
Use some judgement based on the wrestler.
Messenbrink, who's is getting out of that ride? Same with Star, I mean really.
No one in D1
It's not stalling, they can't freaking move.
Keuter, the list goes on.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT