ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Buffalo Dual Thread

Maybe, but he showed he can step it up a bit in the third period. Didn't seem motivated early.

I agree...was glad to see him pick up the pace at the end of the match. He was so much better than that kid though. Estevez was 7-12 entering that match and he's wrestling a MAC schedule. Berge is on another level talent wise and he didn't really show it until the last 30 seconds. Definitely something to build on.

157: Nolf vs. Kyle Todrank

Per 1
Nolf has an ankle, but Todrank kicks free. Another flurry stopped for PD. Nolf drives in and gets the TD, 2-0. Nolf cuts him, 2-1. Todrank tries a duck, nothing. Todrank shoots on a leg, Nolf counters, and gets the TD, 4-1. Stall warning on Todrank. Nolf nearly with a cradle. Finally pushes Todrank away, 4-2. Nolf with an ankle pick, Todrank away, then Todrank fleeing, but Nolf with another ankle pick for a TD, 6-2. OOB with 27 sec left. Nolf out in front, and Todrank out, 6-3. Jason with a blast double for the TD, 8-3, then OOB with 13 sec. End. RT @ 1:30 for Jason

Per 2
Todrank takes bottom. Nolf trips him down, and works for a cradle. Can't get it, but he gets a bow and arrow and turns him, and gets 4 NF, 12-3. Todrank gets away, 12-4. Nolf with a quick TD, 14-4. Stall call on Todrank makes it 15-4. Stalemate with 15 sec left. Todrank is out, 15-5. Todrank dives for a leg, and a stalemate with 2 sec. End.

Per 3
Jason on top. He tries for a cradle, but looses it and Todrank gets a reversal. Nolf out, and quickly locks a cradle, and gets the fall at 5:41. His 58th pin

19-3, PSU at the intermission

Todrank's antics may have cost him.

Hilarious. Byers took offense at Todrank's dance after getting the two points from Nolf's slip.

Reactions: diggerpup
I'm pretty sure that Todrank knew he didn't have a shot in hell of winning so he decided he was going to have some fun out there. The little dance was obviously one poke too many and the cat decided to finally eat the mouse.

We had a discussion earlier in the year whether Jason took things like that personal or cared much when others tried to show him up. Well, I think that’s been answered.

I dislike taunting when it's someone punching down, but if you're David about to get crushed by Goliath, and Goliath slips and you wind up with two, the 'taunting' by Todrank is just good self-effacing humor. And it made Nolf's last match in Rec Hall as memorable than DT's 11 second pin.

was Jason the first to use ankle bands? I noticed they werent out for Nick Lee or Berge, Jason ran out with them on.

Reactions: matwizard09
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT