Jan 31 - @ Iowa
Feb 02 - Maryland
Feb 07 - @ Wisc.
Feb 09 - @ Minn.
Feb 15 - Ohio St.
Feb 23 - American Univ.

Tourneys:
Nov 17 - Black Knight Invite (Army)
Dec 20-22 - Senior Nationals - US Olympic Trial Qualifier (unofficial but likely for many)
Mar 7/8 - Big 10 Championship (Rutgers)
Mar 19/21 - NCAA Championship (US Bank Stadium Minn)

Last edited:
I would be shocked that PSU is in the Black Knight invite on 11/17 and the Keystone classic on 11/24. That is a lot of matches in 8 days.

I would guess they invited PSU and Cael plans to send some wrestlers... Probably RS’s, so it wouldn’t officially be on the schedule.

CSU Bakersfield schedule is out. No Penn State. That just leaves Cal Baptist, Stanford and Oregon State as possible pairs with Arizona State. Maybe it will be a solo trip.

Reactions: jtothemfp
CSU Bakersfield schedule is out. No Penn State. That just leaves Cal Baptist, Stanford and Oregon State as possible pairs with Arizona State. Maybe it will be a solo trip.

Air Force?

Mid-week Tempe to weekend Cliff Keen is my pipe dream.

Reactions: jtothemfp
Utah valley would be a solid dual.

Keystone Classic does not allow redshirts.
Since The Classic was on the schedule last year, i assumed it would be again... i was suggesting maybe the Black Knight Invite for the RS’s? I know nothing of that tourney, or if the word “invite” puts qualifiers on who gets invited?

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Since The Classic was on the schedule last year, i assumed it would be again... i was suggesting maybe the Black Knight Invite for the RS’s? I know nothing of that tourney, or if the word “invite” puts qualifiers on who gets invited?

Got it. I misunderstood. I also am not familiar with the Black Knight Invite, but with only 8 teams it doesn't sound like the sort of tournament you would only send part of your team, or just redshirts to.

Reactions: nitlion6
Especially since it is already on Flo's schedule for Jan 1-2.

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6381078-2020-southern-scuffle
Yeah, but there's something kind of interesting...

When I saw his post about Dec 31-Jan 1, I was on my phone. I googled "Southern Scuffle 2020 Dates." The preview information under the Flo link says, "...Dec 31 - Jan 1 - Starts at 6:00 AM..." Then, I actually clicked on the Flo link and saw the actual dates and 9:00 AM. So, that's why I asked him where he'd gotten his information. If he did the same google search, he could easily have seen the Dec 31 - Jan 1, and figured that was it.

Now, on my computer, same search doesn't have that info in the website preview.

So, I've reached the conclusion that I have no idea how a website preview is generated.

Yeah, but there's something kind of interesting...

When I saw his post about Dec 31-Jan 1, I was on my phone. I googled "Southern Scuffle 2020 Dates." The preview information under the Flo link says, "...Dec 31 - Jan 1 - Starts at 6:00 AM..." Then, I actually clicked on the Flo link and saw the actual dates and 9:00 AM. So, that's why I asked him where he'd gotten his information. If he did the same google search, he could easily have seen the Dec 31 - Jan 1, and figured that was it.

Now, on my computer, same search doesn't have that info in the website preview.

So, I've reached the conclusion that I have no idea how a website preview is generated.
Could this be a window into Foley's use of Google?

Reactions: pawrestlersintn
The clarion Open is also a good one that RS/back ups go to. Nov 3rd.. Anyone want to volunteer with me to work a table?

Last edited:
The clarion Open is also a good one that RS/back ups go to. Nov 3rd.. Anyone want to volunteer with me to work a table?
I would do that, but I won't know for sure if that day is open for at least another 3 weeks. If you are still looking then I will have a clearer view of my availability

Especially since it is already on Flo's schedule for Jan 1-2.

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6381078-2020-southern-scuffle

Using that same link on my phone Flo says
"2020 Southern Scuffle
Dec 31 - Jan 1 · Starts at 6:00 AM
Chattanooga, TN"

However if you click on the live stream link - the message says not available until 6:00 a.m. Jan 1st.

Not a big deal but in the past it has been the first and the second.

Is this another Bartlett Red vs Blue mystery? I need to get a different phone.

Last edited:
Don't assume anything ;).

And "yes", from another post, it's early but some guys are likely going to the Clarion and Princeton Opens. Will make every attempt to get some early info on these, as I know it is of interest and some may even attend.

Ok Gang I have started to build out my own elaborate spreadsheet where I tablulate points from every match from every wrestler on the squad for both Duals and Tourneys. Each year it proves helpful with the annual Hodge watch. I can get about 70% of the schedule complete before the Lions release their "official" schedule, just by collecting what is published nationwide from our competition first. For this coming year we only have the first tourney entries via the other thread thanks to NoVa.

Duals:.
12/6 - @ Lehigh
??? - Rutgers
??? - Northwestern
??? - Illinois
??? - Ohio St. (unconfirmed)
??? - Minn.
??? - @ Az St.
??? - @ Iowa
??? - @ Wisc.

Tourneys:
Nov 24 - Keystone Classic
Dec 31-Jan 1 - Southern Scuffle (unconfirmed)

PS - just sitting back and waiting is not in my character

Please add as you discover new entries....
State wrestles @ Minnesota according to the Gophers. Tailgate in my driveway.

https://gophersports.com/news/2019/6/4/wrestling-big-ten-announces-2019-20-home-away-opponents.aspx

Ok Gang I have started to build out my own elaborate spreadsheet where I tablulate points from every match from every wrestler on the squad for both Duals and Tourneys. Each year it proves helpful with the annual Hodge watch. I can get about 70% of the schedule complete before the Lions release their "official" schedule, just by collecting what is published nationwide from our competition first. For this coming year we only have the first tourney entries via the other thread thanks to NoVa.

12/6 - @ Lehigh
??? - Rutgers
??? - Northwestern
??? - Illinois
??? - @ Minn.
??? - @ Az St.
??? - @ Iowa
??? - @ Wisc.

Tourneys:

Thanks for starting this thread Googles.

Rutgers at Rec Hall should be fun. We get to welcome back Boy Wonder.

Last edited:
My buddies and I settle last week on going to Cliff Keen rather than the ASU dual. Could be turning into a no-brainer.

I'm really hoping Roar is alluding to Cliff Keen and not the Roadrunner Open. Because as luck would have it, I will be in Vegas the weekend of the Roadrunner Open.

11/? - @ Az St.
12/6 - @ Lehigh
??? - Rutgers
??? - Northwestern
??? - Illinois
??? - @ Minn.
??? - @ Iowa
??? - @ Wisc.

Tourneys:

Don’t they usually have 5 OOC matches and 9 B1G matches. What other two Conference foes match up?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT