ADVERTISEMENT

PSU 2019/20 Wrestling Schedule Thread

Gotta figure it is coming today or tomorrow.. tOSU released theirs yesterday.. just waiting for it to be approved by the upper crust here at university..

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Where did you hear Nebraska at Lincoln? Thanks.
E-J is close, as long as nothing changes in the Big Ten scheduling model, we know each team's schedule into infinity and beyond :);). It's that I have it memorized and have anal total recall that makes me such an odd duck. :confused::confused:

Big Ten teams are split into pairs. Each pair make up the seven "rivalries" in the conference. They are;
-- Penn State / Ohio State
-- Maryland / Rutgers
-- Illinois / Northwestern
-- Iowa / Minnesota
-- Nebraska / Wisconsin
-- Michigan / Michigan State
-- Indiana / Purdue

You can see, for the most part, it was determined by geography.

These pairs are important in two ways;
(1) It sets the ONLY Big Ten team that is faced EVERY YEAR. For examples; Penn State vs Ohio State, Maryland vs Rutgers, etc. happen every year.
(2) It sets how other teams come onto a team's schedule, and how they rotate off the schedule. Each pair will always be, both home, both away or both off the schedule. Sooooo...for 2019-20, Penn State has;
-- Both Maryland and Rutgers at home
-- Both Illinois and Northwestern at home
-- Ohio State at home (Penn State's rivalry team)
-- Both Iowa and Minnesota away
-- Both Nebraska and Wisconsin away

Therefore, PSU will wrestle every team except Ohio State two years out of every three, and Ohio State every year. Fans can go back three years to see who we will wrestle. For this year, for example, look at 2016-17, but remember we wrestle Ohio State every year (home, away, home, away, home, away, etc.), so they will be flipped (was away in 2016-17, will be home in 2019-2020).

Reactions: Gebmo and diggerpup
just for a good laugh. this is what is listed on track as the upcoming schedule
Schedule.JPG

Reactions: CholleyVandine
They could get two events in if timed correctly. The dual at Ohio State last year started at 8 or 9 pm IIRC.

I remember the first time we had a BJC dual it was a problem scheduling it because Penn State said it would take more than just one day to convert from bball to wrestling or vice versa.

I remember the first time we had a BJC dual it was a problem scheduling it because Penn State said it would take more than just one day to convert from bball to wrestling or vice versa.
It’s done everywhere else but HV isn’t NYC either.

Here are pieces of the puzzle that I have so far, even if Keystone and Scuffle aren't firm.

11/?? @Arizona State
11/17 @Army (Black Knight Invite)
11/24 @UPenn (Keystone Classic)(?)
12/06 @Lehigh
12/08 vs UPenn
01/01-02 @TN-Chatt (So. Scuffle)(?)
01/12 vs Northwestern
01/19 vs Rutgers
01/31 @Iowa
01/24 @Nebraska
02/07 @Wisconsin
02/09 @Minnesota
02/15 vs Ohio State

Available F & S dates:
12/13, 12/15, 01/10, 01/17, 01/24, 01/26
Maryland
Illinois

03/07-08 B1Gs in Piscataway, NJ
03/19-21 NCAAs in Minneapolis, MN

Men's and women's basketball (Saturday and Sunday) would seem to make tOSU @BJC a challenging proposition.

(Updated after reviewing full thread)

Last edited:
Here are pieces of the puzzle that I have so far, even if Keystone and Scuffle aren't firm.

11/24 @UPenn (Keystone Classic)
12/06 @Lehigh
12/08 vs UPenn
01/01-02 @TN-Chatt (So. Scuffle)
01/09 vs Rutgers
01/24 @Nebraska
02/07 @Wisconsin
02/09 @Minnesota
02/15 vs Ohio State

Northwestern
Illinois
@Arizona State
@Iowa

03/07-08 B1Gs @Piscataway
03/19-21 NCAAs @Minneapolis

Men's and women's basketball (Saturday and Sunday) would seem to make tOSU @BJC a challenging proposition.
Since 1/24 is at Nebraska, will take a guess that 1/26 is at Iowa. Although there is women's basketball at Carver that day, I believe in the past they have done a double header with wrestling and hoops.

Tan tom hates to wrestle in REC HALL so lets throttle Ohio state there...LOL

11/24 @UPenn (Keystone Classic)
12/06 @Lehigh
12/08 vs UPenn
01/01-02 @TN-Chatt (So. Scuffle)
01/09 vs Rutgers
01/24 @Nebraska
02/07 @Wisconsin
02/09 @Minnesota
02/15 vs Ohio State

Northwestern
Illinois
@Arizona State
@Iowa

03/07-08 B1Gs @Piscataway
03/19-21 NCAAs @Minneapolis

Doesn’t seem like ASU dual can be in November if the team is going to Keystone. I’d guess after Penn.

Yeah, but they don’t do daylight savings time either, so the concept of November is tricky down there.

To add to the Arizona craziness, the Navajo Nation which takes up a large chunk of NE Arizona does recognize daylight savings time. And the Hopi Nation, an island area within the Navajo, does not recognize it. Just a little trivia from your BWI resident geography geek.

ADVERTISEMENT