ADVERTISEMENT

PSU 2019/20 Wrestling Schedule Thread

With PSU at Arizona State this year, maybe RBY won't redshirt since that's where he's from. Would get a chance to wrestle in front of his "home" crowd.

The clarion Open is also a good one that RS/back ups go to. Nov 3rd.. Anyone want to volunteer with me to work a table?

I am intrigued by your offer. It's a little far for my liking, though. It's about 3 hours from Harrisburg.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
just let me know and i will let coach Ferraro know. Last year went pretty smooth :D. 10 mats, 1 for each weight.

I am intrigued by your offer. It's a little far for my liking, though. It's about 3 hours from Harrisburg.

Given that Fix and Micic are taking Olympic Redshirts and Lizak and Erneste graduated, seems it would be a good year for RBY to not redshirt.

I’m so pumped for this year. Think it’ll be one of the most interesting seasons in recent memory for penn state and the rest of college wrestling. So many unknowns. I have a lot of faith it ends in a penn state team title, and enough individual titles to spread around.

Given that Fix and Micic are taking Olympic Redshirts and Lizak and Erneste graduated, seems it would be a good year for RBY to not redshirt.

Are Fix and Micic confirmed?

Wouldn't be a surprise if true, just haven't seen it official.

I believe that is what has been reported on Flo. Guess we will see for sure.

Coach Moore and Carr only freaked out a cpl times Lol. Coach Gavin also requested to make his guys wrestle for placing until he was told the wait would be 45 minutes. His response was roll up the mats boys we are out of here.

If it were closer to Allentown, I'd be in. I have worked tables at youth and HS Districts tournaments in D1. Would be nice to add a college D1 event to my theoretical resume.

January 31. Penn State at Iowa.

It seems to me that recently Iowa seldom comes to State College. I know they met outside the league once, and I believe Iowa may not have reciprocated. Got that the schedule rotates with blocks of teams matched against each other and that has possibly caused Iowa’s absence. But......

don't know if its true or not but i've also heard that NS might be dropping to 125.
Yes. Who knows if some random dude on HR knows NS's weight class for next year. :rolleyes:

Oops, my bad. This possibility apparently came from FRL, originally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Str8DBLz
It seems to me that recently Iowa seldom comes to State College. I know they met outside the league once, and I believe Iowa may not have reciprocated. Got that the schedule rotates with blocks of teams matched against each other and that has possibly caused Iowa’s absence. But......
Penn State's dominance and a couple of oranges got in the way.

We need a few threads about this topic before the schedule can be released.

Reactions: diggerpup
No need to beat a dead hawk to death. The Big10 mandates Iowa travel to State College once every 3 years. No positive in subjecting his guys to any unnecessary ass kickings, so they are not coming anymore than they have to. So sayeth Tom the Brands brother.

Quick enough? Now unleash the hounds, or maybe just the schedule.
Yes, you're very consistent, in a matter sort-of-way. :);)

Here's the dilemma -- the BJC Dual most years takes a bit longer to finalize -- and other schools will release first. I would do what others are doing, and start looking around for other team's schedules for now. Not in any hurry, the season doesn't start for about two months. The Big Ten has provided all schools their schedules.

An aspect of this I'm looking forward to, and only hearing bits and pieces, is that BTN will cover more duals this year than ever before. Really looking forward, if true. Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska and Wisconsin all away, have the makings of some great matches, and possible TV coverage.

Here's the dilemma -- the BJC Dual most years takes a bit longer to finalize -- and other schools will release first. I would do what others are doing, and start looking around for other team's schedules for now. Not in any hurry, the season doesn't start for about two months. The Big Ten has provided all schools their schedules.

An aspect of this I'm looking forward to, and only hearing bits and pieces, is that BTN will cover more duals this year than ever before. Really looking forward, if true. Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska and Wisconsin all away, have the makings of some great matches, and possible TV coverage.
I can wait on the schedule. Last year was a bit of a pain in the ass because of retiring from one job in May '18 and starting a new one in Sept '18. Self gifted summer vacation. I missed a few due to having to take call and such. Not an issue this year.

But since you soft tossed a hurry up and wait morsel, I took a swing at it.

Now, concerning those every third year puss outs by Brands if you can convince Cody to schedule a weekend with Iowa State and UNI as well as a Midlands appearance that would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: RoarLions1

I hope the PSU wrestling schedule gets released before we start the annual threads on how to determine our 15 point scorers at the Scuffle.

Both topics simultaneously would clog the bandwidth.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule

I’ll see what I can do. Haha. I know Brands has said that Iowa and Penn State should wrestle every year and I agree.

I’ll see what I can do. Haha. I know Brands has said that Iowa and Penn State should wrestle every year and I agree.
Fify......
I’ll see what I can do. Haha. I know Brands has said that "Iowa and Penn State should wrestle every year that I think we have a chance", and I agree.

Reactions: danoftw and Ski

Where did you hear Nebraska at Lincoln? Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT