ADVERTISEMENT

Place Your Bets — A Wrestling for Life Fundraiser

It is difficult (for me at least) to interpret what some of the bets were and whether agreements were actually finalized, but it looks like this effort could raise somehwere in the ballpark of $500-$800.

tHR
- MikeZierath donated $95 straight up
- I donated $50 for lost bet to Aleric1
- PSUMike said he donated an undisclosed sum (after no one would take him up on a bet)
- I think dunkej01 and just_somebody worked something out that would equate to ~$110 total

NN
- 82bordeaux vs. jmadden1998 raised $150.
- dunkej01 vs. GantryZ raised $25.
- Cali_Nittany said he was going to donate $100? And then another $95?
- NoVa Lion said he would donate $25.
- 86PSUPaul vs. LoneWolfie is supposed to raise $50.
- STAND with PRIDE vs. Nashville_Hawkeye was confusing, but I think it should
raise at least $50.

Those numbers would put us above $255 via tHR and $395-$495 via NN.

Only a few folks have posted receipts thus far. Hopefully everyone follows through.

I cant find a good link to donate. Not sure if Nashhawk got beat up in CH parking lot or what but I’ll cover for him, just need a link.

• Haha
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I cant find a good link to donate. Not sure if Nashhawk got beat up in CH parking lot or what but I’ll cover for him, just need a link.
Didn’t he say he was traveling and would likely get on this after the weekend?

Sounds good my friend! :) We'll chat after the dual. I'll be in Iowa for the weekend, so forgive me if I don't get back to you till we get home Sunday night. Good luck! :)

Reactions: jrod65

As Slush pointed out, give Nash some time.

Here's the link if you(or anyone else) are looking to donate. Maybe bookmark it as Bigs and NCAAs are just around the corner.

As Slush pointed out, give Nash some time.

Here's the link if you(or anyone else) are looking to donate. Maybe bookmark it as Bigs and NCAAs are just around the corner.

Ya know what, what the hell, why not double down.Im in too.

Greetings
Thanks for having my back, Slushhead! :)

Greetings Stand with Pride. The bet was $15 each on 125, 141, and 174, $5 for each bonus point (all matches) and $10 for a U.C.

Since Ayala didn't wrestle I owe you $30 for 141 and 174 (both incredible matches). Also we each had MD's (mine at 65 and yours at 25), so that's a scratch. And finally, and surprisingly there were no points lost due to unsportsmanlike conduct calls. Therefore, unless my math sucks I owe Wrestling for Life $30. However, since a pair of shoes cost $40, I'll go ahead and purchase a pair of shoes. Please see proof of donation information below.

If you're up for it, let's get together again at B10s. :)

Recent activity

• Wrestling for Life
    - negative$40.00
    Jan 31Donation​

Wrestling for Life
    - negative$40.00
    Jan 31Donation

Ya know what, what the hell, why not double down.Im in too

Nash, you good with Ybarra, or wanna pick another weight?
Sorry brother, didn't have access to a computer Friday prior to the meet. Definitely not good with Ybarra. I'm sure he's a great kid, but he's nowhere near the same talent as Hildebrandt or Ayala. Regardless of the outcome it was a great event...very competitive!

Let's chat again before B10s if that works for you. :)

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
BTW, as fate would have it, a PSU couple - die hard Penn State fans - and their grown son, 35-40 years old, were staying in the hotel room right next to ours and happen to be departing for the meet at the same time as me. Since I was traveling alone (wife not a wrestling fan), they offered to give me a lift to CHA (very nice folks). In the end we settled on following each other to CHA and then hung out for a good while prior to the beginning of the meet. Ends up the guy, a retired HS wrestling coach, brought his HS team to Iowa City for a Dan Gable wrestling camp back in the day when his son was wrestling for him, and they've been coming back ever few years ever since. Prior to ending our chat I promised the guy I would make it to Happy Valley the next time the Hawks wrestle there. Do any of you know who I should talk to for purchasing a really good seat? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: PSUer1989
Sorry brother, didn't have access to a computer Friday prior to the meet. Definitely not good with Ybarra. I'm sure he's a great kid, but he's nowhere near the same talent as Hildebrandt or Ayala. Regardless of the outcome it was a great event...very competitive!

Let's chat again before B10s if that works for you. :)
Absolutely! threw $50 in myself, great cause!

See you in a few weeks!

I would talk to Tom Brands, he seems to control when Iowa comes back to PSU.
I gave it a laugh because it was funny, but lacking in real info. Next time they come it will probably be a BJC event so people will have extras. I am sure just about anyone here would sell Nashville a seat.
If, by chance, it is in Rec Hall, there is not really a bad seat, and while tickets will be tight, probably someone on the board will have a seat to sell you.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
BTW, as fate would have it, a PSU couple - die hard Penn State fans - and their grown son, 35-40 years old, were staying in the hotel room right next to ours and happen to be departing for the meet at the same time as me. Since I was traveling alone (wife not a wrestling fan), they offered to give me a lift to CHA (very nice folks). In the end we settled on following each other to CHA and then hung out for a good while prior to the beginning of the meet. Ends up the guy, a retired HS wrestling coach, brought his HS team to Iowa City for a Dan Gable wrestling camp back in the day when his son was wrestling for him, and they've been coming back ever few years ever since. Prior to ending our chat I promised the guy I would make it to Happy Valley the next time the Hawks wrestle there. Do any of you know who I should talk to for purchasing a really good seat? Thanks in advance.
Should be easy enough, I'm hoping. The dual should happen next season if the current scheduling model is used (both will surely be atop their division). And, even though it is too early to say for sure, it's likely to be a BJC dual.

With a bit of planning, I'm sure someone here with season tickets can get you an "extra" ticket assuming the match is moved to the larger arena.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
25 strait up team points?
5/10 for each HTH?
$1000 for each time our head coach steps on the mat

Feel free to add/modify!
Brother, I'm laughing my fricking ass off at the $1,000 line; I would be out several million dollars. LOL! That's some funny shit! :)

Yep, I'm good with $25 for team points straight up and $5 for each HTH match, if that works for you.

• Haha
Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Brother, I'm laughing my fricking ass off at the $1,000 line; I would be out several million dollars. LOL! That's some funny shit! :)

Yep, I'm good with $25 for team points straight up and $5 for each HTH match, if that works for you.
Hahahaha CowboyUp be like YES YES, cmon Nash take that bet!!

Sounds good bro, good luck and hope we get some other action between others here!!

I’m setting the O/U line of total mat returns by Murin and Young @B1Gs at 66.5. I’ve never seen guys let their opponents get to their feet only to return them as much. What’s the strategy there? Eat up clock/build riding time without getting stall call, and lower chance of a reversal? Serious question.

I’m setting the O/U line of total mat returns by Murin and Young @B1Gs at 66.5. I’ve never seen guys let their opponents get to their feet only to return them as much. What’s the strategy there? Eat up clock/build riding time without getting stall call, and lower chance of a reversal? Serious question.
No money or time for weight training at Iowa so they do weight training on the mat lol. By the way brands is really excited about it lmfao

66.5 mat returns in 4 total matches??? Unserious question.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT