ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh Wrestling Classic

Porter is a 2x Qualifier, Runner Up this year.

Correct on Conway. 2x State Champ. Headed to Missouri. That was a good match.

Unfortunately, IN is putting a bit of a watered down lineup tonight. Their two best seniors are wrestling for Team USA (Seltzer and Mendez) and State Champs from 170/182/195 all unavailable for one reason or another. The 170 is a 2x Champ and headed to Purdue. He mauled Porter 14-2 in the State Final. 195 was a 2x Champ and is headed to Indiana. The 182 was a 1x Champ and 1x Runner Up and is headed to Air Force.

Those 5 + Conway and Watson are easily Indiana's best 7 seniors.
Yea but so is the WPIAL. They have guys on team PA. You aren’t going to get the absolute best from each team on this thing.

Feldman wow. I hate the fact we missed out on him. He is going to be unreal at the next level.
Feldman is an awesome wrestler. That said......he was 3,4 maybe 5 inches shorter than his opponent. I am guessing he weighs in at about 225. Will he be big enough and long enough to compete with the best heavyweights in NCAAs. Kerk, Cassioppi, Parris and Schultz....I'm guessing no. Of course they will all be gone by the time he is a Sophomore ( Except Schultz ). There are a lot of great heavys right now. Not so many in 2-3 years. I would bet a Bud heavy that he (wisely) red-shirts next year. Of course if they put in a 220lb. weight class....just give him a trophy :)

Reactions: BrockBronson
Depending on if he wrestles next year, most of those heavyweights will be gone by the time Nick is wrestling and it'll be like Kyle Snyder vs dancing bears again IMO.

Reactions: fronk71
Feldman likely tanshirts next year. Orndorff is a returning AA with 1 year left, and either the only title they're winning next year is the recruiting title.

Feldman likely tanshirts next year. Orndorff is a returning AA with 1 year left, and either the only title they're winning next year is the recruiting title.
I know I have said this 5 times already, but if you are better than the starter while you redshirt and there is no one else in that room (ok, Dhesi) why do you think you’d max out your potential? Instead you could be working out with Kerk, Varner, AC, Kyle Snyder. No one is jumping his talent level at heavy so the starting job is yours. Your best friend is now there, you are from PA, I just don’t get it. It’s going to happen, mark my word.

I know I have said this 5 times already, but if you are better than the starter while you redshirt and there is no one else in that room (ok, Dhesi) why do you think you’d max out your potential? Instead you could be working out with Kerk, Varner, AC, Kyle Snyder. No one is jumping his talent level at heavy so the starting job is yours. Your best friend is now there, you are from PA, I just don’t get it. It’s going to happen, mark my word.
It's NOT going to happen, his coach was just on this board telling us it's not. All of those things you mentioned were true when Cael pressed for him earlier this year and it didn't change his mind. The only thing that changed is his best friend is now here and I doubt that's remotely a factor. Can we please just drop it at this point?

Depending on if he wrestles next year, most of those heavyweights will be gone by the time Nick is wrestling and it'll be like Kyle Snyder vs dancing bears again IMO.
I don’t think we’ll see the dancing bear era for a long time, if ever. Guys like Ben Kueter and more will come through. Plenty of athletic heavies gonna come down the line.

I don’t think we’ll see the dancing bear era for a long time, if ever. Guys like Ben Kueter and more will come through. Plenty of athletic heavies gonna come down the line.
I'm still secretly hoping Ben Kueter decides to pursue being a NFL LB instead lol ... sike ... it would be great for wrestling if he wants to stay in it.

Mullen, Carroll, Nelson, Kueter for starters.

Pitzer isn't gonna be a statue.

A few others who maybe grow into that range ... Lawrence, Correa, others?

World medals are incentives even for HWTs ... who knew?

Wrestling is the only sport where you even think of redshirting your best guy. It’s stupid. tOSU should let all their freshman go if they’re the better guy. Feldman could get up to 240lb and be fine imo.

who beat Mac Stout for the state championship?

Wrestling is the only sport where you even think of redshirting your best guy. It’s stupid. tOSU should let all their freshman go if they’re the better guy. Feldman could get up to 240lb and be fine imo.

Sonny Sasso

Yep.... Strangely, Carroll started at the same HS, missed his freshman year due to injury, transferred to a different HS mid-sophomore year and was ruled ineligible (transfer issues), then won State this year as a junior. Rumors are already flying that he'll be at yet a different HS next year. Not sure why 3 HS in 4 years. From everything I hear, he's a great kid and smart as well. Headed to Penn, which again, not knowing the kid or family seems like an odd choice. I was hoping PSU would get in on him.
Won “states”

It's even been known to happen in Happy Valley...
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: LHavenlion

If Ohio State did this, they might finish 7th next year.

Sounds like a plan.

Maybe it’s not about putting the best team forward, but planning to maximize the best for the wrestler. If Feldman can be better after a red-shirt, with a better likelihood of winning multiple titles, it makes sense to redshirt him. Especially since he will not win or lose a team title for them next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: zzs006
Maybe it’s not about putting the best team forward, but planning to maximize the best for the wrestler. If Feldman can be better after a red-shirt, with a better likelihood of winning multiple titles, it makes sense to redshirt him. Especially since he will not win or lose a team
title for them next year.

Shirting Nico + Zain + Jason + Shak + Bo + Nick in 2015 worked out OK for everybody involved.

Feldman gave an interview recently where he said the plan is to redshirt next year. BTW what is Feldman's coach's name here?

Last edited:
It's NOT going to happen, his coach was just on this board telling us it's not. All of those things you mentioned were true when Cael pressed for him earlier this year and it didn't change his mind. The only thing that changed is his best friend is now here and I doubt that's remotely a factor. Can we please just drop it at this point?
Hey guy, not sure you are picking up on some people’s mockery of these entire discussions right now. Chill out with the caps.

Feldman is an awesome wrestler. That said......he was 3,4 maybe 5 inches shorter than his opponent. I am guessing he weighs in at about 225. Will he be big enough and long enough to compete with the best heavyweights in NCAAs. Kerk, Cassioppi, Parris and Schultz....I'm guessing no. Of course they will all be gone by the time he is a Sophomore ( Except Schultz ). There are a lot of great heavys right now. Not so many in 2-3 years. I would bet a Bud heavy that he (wisely) red-shirts next year. Of course if they put in a 220lb. weight class....just give him a trophy :)
Never seemed to a problem for Snyder.

Never seemed to a problem for Snyder.
Not really talking about weight. More about length. What is Feldman's height? He looked a lot shorter than the guy he wrestled. He dominated him with quickness. Cassar is 6'2" or 6' 3" tall. I think Snyder is 5'11" tall. Maybe I just got a bad angle view. His talent is without question for certain. He is fun to watch.

Not really talking about weight. More about length. What is Feldman's height? He looked a lot shorter than the guy he wrestled. He dominated him with quickness. Cassar is 6'2" or 6' 3" tall. I think Snyder is 5'11" tall. Maybe I just got a bad angle view. His talent is without question for certain. He is fun to watch.
How tall is Feldman? He looks similar to Snyder?

Feldman is gonna be plenty fine. He’s quick, strong as hell and has a gas tank to no end to match great technique. His floor is the highest of anyone in the class barring healthy and it’s hard to see him not being an AA level guy from the second he steps on the mat in his rsFR season

Look at the Team PA pic from Dapper Dan, see Feldman's height standing next to Pitzer, then look up their match scores.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Look at the Team PA pic from Dapper Dan, see Feldman's height standing next to Pitzer, then look up their match scores.
I believe I have given Feldman the praise he rightfully deserves. He is extremely talented. Top of the class...No questions on that. That said....He just turned 18 I believe and Pitzer is no match for Schultz, Cassioppi, Parris, Kerk and others. My comment was to those who peg him as a high AA his freshman year. I think he will benefit from a redshirt. He will be fun to watch no matter when he starts. The only way I could like him more is if he had a white horizontal stripe on his singlet :)

Last edited:
too bad for the one pin - especially when PA was going to close out the match with a probably win and win the meet!
At a quick glance I consistently thought the guys in red were bigger...but I hate the eyeball judgement :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT