ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh Wrestling Classic

138- Jesse Mendez (USA) MDec Briar Priest (PA) 21-7
Just gonna leave this here:

Interesting that Crookham isn't going to Dapper Dan. Priest isn't beating Mendez even if he gets promoted to Pope.

I don't mean to be harsh -- it's just that Priest was at most the 5th best 138 in PA this year behind Crookham (duh), Kasak (duh), Manville (beat him at states), and Pierce (beat him at 2021 Powerade).

Not trying to downplay Riggins abilities since he's obviously a great wrestler but somewhat shocked Levi wasn't able to get a turn with what he's been doing to college kids recently.

Reactions: fronk71
I know Levi is not allowed to use the bow and arrow either which he's been doing work with in college I believe.

Reactions: Thenightking
Levi has been good at converting takedowns into turks before the opponent can get to base.

But some guys are good at avoiding that.

Reactions: js8793
Not trying to downplay Riggins abilities since he's obviously a great wrestler but somewhat shocked Levi wasn't able to get a turn with what he's been doing to college kids recently.
haven’t his turns against good college guys been off turks? opportunistic turns. he’s not cranking guys over with bars or something. maybe i’m mistaken? never had a real opportunity against riggins.

haines is what iowa wants their guys to be. grind guys down with elite hand fighting. through 2 minutes those guys are equals. riggins just can’t hold up over 6. you can see a lot of DT’s influence in his hand fighting. very similar approaches to the ways they use their hands.

haven’t his turns against good college guys been off turks? opportunistic turns. he’s not cranking guys over with bars or something. maybe i’m mistaken? never had a real opportunity against riggins.

haines is what iowa wants their guys to be. grind guys down with elite hand fighting. through 2 minutes those guys are equals. riggins just can’t hold up over 6. you can see a lot of DT’s influence in his hand fighting. very similar approaches to the ways they use their hands.
Appreciate your analysis always. Like I said I was not trying to say he should have teched Riggins in 2 periods by any means. Just saw he's been able to pin a few guys and turned a NQ and Paddy so I thought he might be able to do it to Riggins because Gaitan pulled it off at NOC.

Respect to Riggins, he's taken every match there is to take recently against some top competition, you can see how much the dude loves competing and if you have that much, you have a ton of potential with his talent also.

Appreciate your analysis always. Like I said I was not trying to say he should have teched Riggins in 2 periods by any means. Just saw he's been able to pin a few guys and turned a NQ and Paddy so I thought he might be able to do it to Riggins because Gaitan pulled it off at NOC.

Respect to Riggins, he's taken every match there is to take recently against some top competition, you can see how much the dude loves competing and if you have that much, you have a ton of potential with his talent also.
Levi turked Gallagher on a late 3rd period takedown conversion. Otherwise it was a 1-pt win.

How big is Stewart? I swear I've seen him at every weight from 182, 195 and 220.

ADVERTISEMENT