ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

You won't find less of a Pitt homer than me. Is Penn State more of a player than Pitt on the national scene? Absolutely. Has your recruiting been better? Yep.

All I argued was that the people on this board have an incredibly skewed vision as to just where Penn State football stands/has stood in recent years.

And you'll have to explain to me (I only received that second-best school in Oakland education) how having the #50 recruiting class - which we don't have, although we may end up somewhere near there due to taking a smaller class laden with less skilled positions - is any type of barometer as to how the "college football world" views our program.

Tell you what, I'll admit that many of us look at Penn State through rose colored glasses--shocking for fans to do that, I know--if you'll admit that as a Pitt fan you are actually intellectually incapable of acknowledging that Penn State is a true blue-blood of college football and that it operates at a completely different level than Pitt and hence any judgment of Penn State that you render is skewed because on your preconceived bias. Deal?

Reactions: Judge Smails
Let it be. There's really nothing that they can say that makes any sense, when comparing our programs and pretending they are our equal. Which is why it always leads to them playing the Sandusky card.

You won't find less of a Pitt homer than me. Is Penn State more of a player than Pitt on the national scene? Absolutely. Has your recruiting been better? Yep.

All I argued was that the people on this board have an incredibly skewed vision as to just where Penn State football stands/has stood in recent years.

Take a look at the record of this team from 2000-2007:
2007 7-6
2006 6-7
2005 10-2 no conference title
2004 6-6
2003 4-9
2002 10-3 no conference title
2001 7-5
2000 3-8

This was Alabama's record over an 8 year period right up to and including Saban's first year at Bama. So, prior to the 2008 season, would Alabama have been an irrelevant program in your eyes or would you not have considered them a blue blood program? I doubt it. Not being in the national championship spotlight for a few seasons does not make a team "irrelevant" nor does it drop them from blue blood status.

Come on, man. Fans from big-time programs view you guys through the same lens as you view Pitt.

I live in SEC country and you are full of shit!! Many, many people talk positive of PSU and know what they are capable of and it's just on the horizon...

They actually never even speak of SH(P)itt... If that is the lens you are speaking of??

Too funny how these clowns come here and tell us how we are wrong about Pitt but if you even try to post anything on that dumpster fire of stupidity which is the Liar not even to defend PSU but just correct them when they get facts wrong you are a Pedo - then banned.

Too funny how these clowns come here and tell us how we are wrong about Pitt but if you even try to post anything on that dumpster fire of stupidity which is the Liar not even to defend PSU but just correct them when they get facts wrong you are a Pedo - then banned.

Yep, I got banned about 6 months ago and the only reason I can figure out is my user name wasn't the required feline.

So only what PSU fans say about Pitt is true. But what, for instance, Alabama fans say about PSU is irrelevant. Noted. What an intelligent rebuttal.
I'll bet if you ask Bama fans to name the top 10 programs they think of when they think of college football, a high percentage would say Penn State. I bet 0% would say Pitt. I've lived in two non-Penn State areas for the last 25 years and everyone I talk to in both of those states still see Penn State as a high profile football program on a national level. Your view of Penn State as not nationally relevant is only in the eyes of Pitt fans.

Reactions: jomouli23
Let it be. There's really nothing that they can say that makes any sense, when comparing our programs and pretending they are our equal. Which is why it always leads to them playing the Sandusky card.

I see you have a penchant for creating straw men, but I never once argued that Pitt and Penn State as on equal footing - currently or historically.

What does it mean "to be relevant" in the world of college football? Seems your narrow definition only seems to include teams that won a national championship within the past 5 years. So, in your viewpoint, there are only 4 relevant teams in college football- Alabama, Clemson, FSU, AND OSU.

Penn State is still very relevant
I live in SEC country and you are full of shit!! Many, many people talk positive of PSU and know what they are capable of and it's just on the horizon...

They actually never even speak of SH(P)itt... If that is the lens you are speaking of??

I've met people who didn't realize Pitt was short for Pittsburgh.

I see you have a penchant for creating straw men, but I never once argued that Pitt and Penn State as on equal footing - currently or historically.

You are one of the few. Congratulations. If you ever hang out with any Pitt guys, make sure you watch your back.

But I give you credit for using the word "penchant". That's very unusual word for a Pitt guy. Typically they use less nuanced terms.

This is one of the biggest Pitt recruiting tweeters on the internet. Constantly bugging 17 year olds to play for a mediocre school instead of one where games are actually fun

They can't sell their program to recruits. They have to sell them cereal boxes. And somehow they don't realize how much they embarrass themselves by doing this.

In response to the OP's two "funny things" Pitt fans say.

• Pitt is loaded at DT w/ Camp, Weaver, Watts, Carter, Blair, Twyman and Alexandre (some say he is a DT)

• Narduzzi is due a raise
Both are accurate so not sure what was the point was?

Now the thing that does matter is the outcome of the games!

42-39
12-0

Maybe this year it will end up in PSU's favor but until then, Pitt fans do have bragging rights.

Last edited:
It happens to be the last 2 times we have played!

Yes, see you in September. Hope for a great game w/ no injuries!

Pitt fans selectively claim "bragging rights" for the last 2 games spaced out over 17 years. Funny how you manage to forget the hundred years before those games. Whatever. See you in September.

It happens to be the last 2 times we have played!

Yes, see you in September. Hope for a great game w/ no injuries!
Umm, yes. We understand it's the last two times they have played one another. But, the question still stands, why did you arbitrarily pick the last two games? Why not three? Or, let's get real crazy and pick four. So, his point stands, selective bragging at its finest. Congratulations....I guess?

• Pitt is loaded at DT w/ Camp, Weaver, Watts, Carter, Blair, Twyman and Alexandre (some say he is a DT)

42-39
12-0

Maybe this year it will end up in PSU's favor but until then, Pitt fans do have bragging rights.

Amusing, your Pittiots were 0-7 in the seven games preceding the two you reference. ASWP is 3-7 against PSU in the last 10 meetings and 8-16-1 in the last 25 meetings. This is what ASWP morons consider something to "brag" about.....IOW, winning any games against PSU is something to run their mouth about. LMFAO!

42-39
12-0

Do you want bragging rights for a game or for a championship? Apparently all that matters to Pitt fans is a game because they never get the other...can't even win the worst division in football. You won the battle and we won the war, so who has bragging rights? Japan won Pearl Harbor...how did that work out for them? And I know, Pitt grads think Germany bombed Pearl Harbor.

He killed it, and he knew. Joe knew. Joe knew he killed it. When the Pitt guys say that Joe knew, they are right.

• Both are accurate so not sure what was the point was?

/QUOTE

Please explain how Pitt is "loaded" at DT? You rattled off a bunch of names of kids that have not even played a college game yet so how can you say they are "loaded"? Is it because some Internet sites slapped a few stars next to their name when they were seniors in HS? I thought Pitt fans always said recruiting rankings don't mean much? Face it, Pitt fans have no idea on what they have at DT this year so to say you are loaded at that position is nothing but fool-talk.

42-39
12-0

Back to back 8-5 seasons in the worst division in college football deserves a raise? Talk about lowering the bar.

Reactions: psute and jomouli23

42-39
12-0

I'll give you a pass on celebrating two of the biggest wins in your lifetime, because Penn State will dust Pitt in 2 months and you will only have those memories

The funniest part of your post is Pitt being loaded at DT. You realize only 1 of those guys is a 4 star, one is a 2 star, and the others range between low and mid 3 stars. I guess you meant loaded for Pitt's standards. By the way, Blair is a DE. You show your knowledge there

A raise after 2 5 loss seasons, 2 bowl losses, and average recruiting. The bar is low at Pitt

Could you please clarify the difference between ASWP and SWIGJ? I've seen those acronyms bandied about a lot, and you seem to be the expert. They both have SW in them; do they have something to do with the Southwest?

If you could please fully expound your thoughts on both, I'm sure I speak for everyone here in saying that we would be extremely grateful and enlightened. Thanks in advance.
State Wide Investigative Grand Jury??

Not even close to my favorite Panther wins over the years. Enjoyed beating Clemson in Death Valley much much more.

You guys seem to think recruiting *s and how many people are at the game are most important instead of the actual outcomes of the game.

BTW, AD was a 3*

I'll give you a pass on celebrating two of the biggest wins in your lifetime, because Penn State will dust Pitt in 2 months and you will only have those memories

The funniest part of your post is Pitt being loaded at DT. You realize only 1 of those guys is a 4 star, one is a 2 star, and the others range between low and mid 3 stars. I guess you meant loaded for Pitt's standards. By the way, Blair is a DE. You show your knowledge there

A raise after 2 5 loss seasons, 2 bowl losses, and average recruiting. The bar is low at Pitt

Not even close to my favorite Panther wins over the years. Enjoyed beating Clemson in Death Valley much much more.

You guys seem to think recruiting *s and how many people are at the game are most important instead of the actual outcomes of the game.

BTW, AD was a 3*
How are the key chains for that Clemson win? Oh wait, never mind.

Reactions: PSU87
Damn. I just looked it up, and since noon yesterday Pitt was won 4 more national championships in football. No wonder their trolls are so proud.

Hope they have good weather for the parade.

Reactions: PSUoh90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT