ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

In the words of the greatest Pitt fan Captain Cindy Reilly" but,but,but Paterno won because Don Guman official all his games!"

I always enjoy the drunk incoherent ramblings of Crapstain O Reilly:

"PITT-PostScript-After all you exhibit more than anyone Penn State Shame as a Penn State Fan and they are ashamed of how you post on BWI with same traits you blame other Penn Staters, You Are Penn State Cult Dolt Culture of Lack of Values and Shame Penn State's Name just what you attempt to Post on everyday!"
Can someone translate this for me?

Reactions: step.eng69
I don't think any PSU fan would object to playing Pitt EVERY season. Just so they're all in Happy Valley until the home team disparity between venues is even. As of now Pitt has been the home team an overwhelming majority of the time. Since football pays for all the athletic department bills we need 7 home games per year. So, all you Pitters, propose that to your new AD. Maybe you can get her and Sandy Barbour to sit down over afternoon tea and make a deal.

Reactions: pandaczar12
I got an email from Pitt that I could buy great lower level season tickets, section 113 which looks to be between the 20-30 yard line.

Lower level season tickets, sideline tickets no less. Don't their thousands upon thousands alumni buy up those good seats to offer them to a non-ticket buyer?

Oh, and one of the benefits listed is I can renew that seat in 2018 to watch, guess who, Penn State!

Tells you all you need to know about the two programs.

I got an email from Pitt that I could buy great lower level season tickets, section 113 which looks to be between the 20-30 yard line.

Lower level season tickets, sideline tickets no less. Don't their thousands upon thousands alumni buy up those good seats to offer them to a non-ticket buyer?

Oh, and one of the benefits listed is I can renew that seat in 2018 to watch, guess who, Penn State!

Tells you all you need to know about the two programs.

Don't you get eight of those tickets free when you buy a quarter-pound of brick cheese at Giant Iggle?

It's like a parallel universe. Our all-time record is far superior, but they beat us all the time. They have the better coach, but yet recruiting is damned near impossible unless they are recruiting against MAC schools. We're overmatched in the Big Ten, and yet we won the conference and went to the Rose Bowl. We're going to be ranked in the preseason Top Ten, and yet we are overrated and caught lightning in a bottle last year. On and on and on.

Inception, indeed.

Here is a funny thing a Pitt fan may say and be accurate!

Pitt is undefeated against PSU in the 2 major college sports, that being mens BB and FB this century.

Pretty funny right

Pitt is undefeated against PSU in the 2 major college sports, that being mens BB and FB this century.

Pretty funny right

That's all explained above, so you get this...

M3ASrnj8sR-8.png

Pretty funny right

It's about to change, though. We all know that. And in a big way.

When that happens, what will you standard retort be? I guess it will have to go back to Sandusky again.

Reactions: jomouli23

Pretty funny right

You know, if you close your eyes you can almost see all five pitt fans from the lair sitting around using their fingers and toes trying to count that high.

When that happens, what will you standard retort be? I guess it will have to go back to Sandusky again.

pitt athletic supporters conveniently dismiss all other sports because they are lousy in them. Of course, they aren't exactly great in football and men's basketball either.

Beating Penn State in men's basketball is not exactly something to brag about. On the other hand, pitt is supposed to be a basketball school. What happened there?

As you said, the tide will change decidedly change in football come September 9th. Everyone knows it.

Reactions: john4psu
If I took the time to research threads from a year ago here on bwi, I would find the same claim.

I really think the larger issue was how the school's top brass handled the sick sandusky.

Because that win in 2000 over a 5-7 PSU team was the greatest win in the history of pittiful football, I mean the way they nut hug that win it has to be right?

I mean if you're gonna hang your hat on a win over a 5-7 team almost 17 years ago maybe you should just hang yourself instead.

How important was it to them? They even had a billboard put up with the score and we got you last. A win over a 5-7 team and they put it up on a billboard.

How important was it to them? They even had a billboard put up with the score and we got you last. A win over a 5-7 team and they put it up on a billboard.

To top it all off, they welcomed back walt harris for last year's game as though we was on the Mt. Rushmore of great college coaches alongside Joe. I guess they forgot his mediocre record and that pitt fired him for not winning nearly enough.

Pretty funny right

Pitt is a basketball school, yes? I mean they tore down their football stadium to build a basketball arena.

Given that here's something a PSU fan may say and be accurate:

"PSU has been to more final fours than Pitt has."

Panther ParrotheadBoard of Trustee

I wonder whether the study even considered, or were aware of, the number of crimes that were committed in Happy Valley that weren't reported....?

here's another gem of 'logic' from the lair ... how do you 'count' crimes that were not reported .... am I missing something here lol

Panther ParrotheadBoard of Trustee

I wonder whether the study even considered, or were aware of, the number of crimes that were committed in Happy Valley that weren't reported....?

here's another gem of 'logic' from the lair ... how do you 'count' crimes that were not reported .... am I missing something here lol

That whole thread is a piece of work that they were caught in immediately.

Reactions: pomppomp01
Actually, "Joe truther" is a new term around here. I wonder how long it will take until they adopt its use on a minute by minute basis?

Am I the only one here who has grown tired and disgusted with these piss-ant Pitt fans who find their way to this site to constantly demonstrate a level of ignorance about anything and everything related to Penn State athletics and academics? Please understand we're not the least bit interested in the opinions you try to present as "facts" or your juvenile slurs (which seemingly always contain a Sandusky reference) which are often used when presented with facts. Please stay on your own site to engage in your mindless rhetoric; nobody here is interested in engaging in moronic conversation with losers.

Pretty funny right

Yet, even with those 2 wins, Pitt remains the poster child for irrelevancy in collegiate athletics.

Reactions: JJTopp99
You guys will trounce us (Pitt) this year, but to act like you're some juggernaut who has been anything but largely irrelevant on the national scene (much like Pitt, albeit for not as long) until last year - which seemed awfully fluky to me - is laughably silly.

It looks like you're piggybacking off that momentum, though, so congrats. But let's not rewrite history.

And yes: Chris Dokish is a fact-disregarding moron.

Last edited:
You guys will trounce us (Pitt) this year, but to act like you're some juggernaut who has been anything but largely irrelevant on the national scene (much like Pitt, albeit for not as long) until last year - which seemed awfully fluky to me - is laughably silly.

3 conference championships in the last 12 years, and that includes a stretch where we were dealing with some of the worst sanctions ever handed down. Maybe not Bama or Ohio State, but to claim that kind of production renders a team irrelevant is, how do you say it, laughably silly. And that's surprising coming from a Pitt fan, as I would think your up close and personal observation of an irrelevant foootball program would make you a subject matter expert.

3 conference championships in the last 12 years, and that includes a stretch where we were dealing with some of the worst sanctions ever handed down. Maybe not Bama or Ohio State, but to claim that kind of production renders a team irrelevant is, how do you say it, laughably silly. And that's surprising coming from a Pitt fan, as I would think your up close and personal observation of an irrelevant foootball program would make you a subject matter expert.

Come on, man. Fans from big-time programs view you guys through the same lens as you view Pitt.

So only what PSU fans say about Pitt is true. But what, for instance, Alabama fans says about PSU is irrelevant. Noted. What an intelligent rebuttal.

Your claiming to speak for fan bases of untold numbers of schools does not warrant an intelligent rebuttal.

Come on, man. Fans from big-time programs view you guys through the same lens as you view Pitt.

What does it mean "to be relevant" in the world of college football? Seems your narrow definition only seems to include teams that won a national championship within the past 5 years. So, in your viewpoint, there are only 4 relevant teams in college football- Alabama, Clemson, FSU, AND OSU.

It looks like you're piggybacking off that momentum, though, so congrats. But let's not rewrite history.

And yes: Chris Dokish is a fact-disregarding moron.

"I dislike Penn State, therefore, their top ten finish was fluky"

Which is why we're on national television every week. Which is why every bowl wants us. Which is why we can recruit even when we're not bowl-eligible.

Accept your fate, pal. You're the #3 football program in the state. You're the #2 college in Oakland. And your recruiting will wind up around #50, which says a hell of a lot about how the college football world views you.

Which is why we're on national television every week. Which is why every bowl wants us. Which is why we can recruit even when we're not bowl-eligible.

Accept your fate, pal. You're the #3 football program in the state. You're the #2 college in Oakland. And your recruiting will wind up around #50, which says a hell of a lot about how the college football world views you.

You won't find less of a Pitt homer than me. Is Penn State more of a player than Pitt on the national scene? Absolutely. Has your recruiting been better? Yep.

All I argued was that the people on this board have an incredibly skewed vision as to just where Penn State football stands/has stood in recent years.

And you'll have to explain to me (I only received that second-best school in Oakland education) how having the #50 recruiting class - which we don't have, although we may end up somewhere near there due to taking a smaller class laden with less skilled positions - is any type of barometer as to how the "college football world" views our program.

ADVERTISEMENT