ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Could you please clarify the difference between ASWP and SWIGJ? I've seen those acronyms bandied about a lot, and you seem to be the expert. They both have SW in them; do they have something to do with the Southwest?

If you could please fully expound your thoughts on both, I'm sure I speak for everyone here in saying that we would be extremely grateful and enlightened. Thanks in advance.
ASWP is "A School in Western Pennsylvania". No idea what SWIGJ means. You might also see 5B used. That comes from a recruit that made a top 5 list and had a 5A and a 5B where Pitt was 5B. Don't remember the recruits name but he did not end up a 5B.

Not even close to my favorite Panther wins over the years. Enjoyed beating Clemson in Death Valley much much more.

You guys seem to think recruiting *s and how many people are at the game are most important instead of the actual outcomes of the game.

BTW, AD was a 3*

So Pitt had 1 3 star recruit that turned out to be really good. I guess you should run over to the OSU and Alabama boards and tell them there is no need to recruit 4-5 star players because AD was once a 3 star recruit. I'm sure you will get laughed off the board. Tell me, when Aaron Donald had his big season at Pitt, what was their final record? It was 7-6. So, even with an all everything DT, Pitt managed to lose 6 games in 2013. Why is that? Probably because most of their team was made up of 2-3 star recruits that had very few offers from decent P5 schools.

We beat you last season with our 3*s so what is your excuse for that?
Sometimes you just have to tip your hat to the better team.

So Pitt had 1 3 star recruit that turned out to be really good. I guess you should run over to the OSU and Alabama boards and tell them there is no need to recruit 4-5 star players because AD was once a 3 star recruit. I'm sure you will get laughed off the board. Tell me, when Aaron Donald had his big season at Pitt, what was their final record? It was 7-6. So, even with an all everything DT, Pitt managed to lose 6 games in 2013. Why is that? Probably because most of their team was made up of 2-3 star recruits that had very few offers from decent P5 schools.

Reactions: HailToPitt725

Because PSU went through sanctions in 2012-2014 and they did not recruit as well as they normally do. Their 2012 and 2013 classes were only ranked in the 30s and 40s- these are the kids that would have been 4th and 5th year seniors on last years team. In fact, Pitt's recruiting class in 2012 and 2013 were rated higher than PSU's.

And Pitt fans do not realize that last year Penn States Sr's and JR's were mostly not highly recruited kids because they were recruited during the sanctions. Very Pitt like recruiting classes. Penn States success was attributed to young players getting better as the season went on. Although I would not expect a Pitt fan who thinks Rori Blair is a DT and Who thinks Pitt is "loaded" at DT to know that.

This years game will be an ass whooping. You know it, I know it, and Pat Narduzzi knows it

Last edited:
Reactions: tobakkorudy

Well, for starters Pitt won because they had a major edge in the first 20 minutes of the game running the ball on PSU's inexperienced DL, which was highly predictable even last summer and made worse with PSU playing mostly sophomores and redshirt freshmen in rotation due to injuries to Schwann and Givens, and Curtis Cothran not suiting up.

No one is saying Pitt didn't deserve to win that game....particularly accounting for who played (and who didn't play). But it would be naive and fairly laughable to suggest Pitt enjoys the same success against PSU in the running game (and hence the key matchup on 9/10 last year) if Cabinda, Haley, Bell, Schwann and Givens are all healthy. That's 5 starters on D that were absolutely key to the B1G title run. Two didn't play vs. Pitt; 2 more didn't play past Pitt's 2nd series and one would play injuried before halftime, finish the game and miss the next 6 weeks.

So if your team was better, why couldn't you at least win yor crappy division? The 85 Bears lost to the Dolphins (their only loss)...who was the better team? One game (especially early in the season) does not determine who is the better team. Season results do and Pitt doesn't want to go there.

So if your team was better, why couldn't you at least win yor crappy division? The 85 Bears lost to the Dolphins (their only loss)...who was the better team? One game (especially early in the season) does not determine who is the better team. Season results do and Pitt doesn't want to go there.

Once again, pitt athletic supporters look to one game, Penn State, to seek validation. To them, pitt's season was a rousing success and pitt football is in the top tier nationally because they beat Penn State. Nothing else matters.

pitt is a one-game, keychain program.

Penn-State-tops-Wisconsin-to-win-Big-Ten-Championship_6_1.jpg

Pitt had 2 massive wins this past season: Beating us at home and beating the National Champs on the road.

The end result? A loss to Northwestern and another unranked finish. If I were a Pitt fan, I think I'd spend less time here and more time worrying about Youngstown State, a program that beat them by double digits just a few years ago.

Once again, pitt athletic supporters look to one game, Penn State, to seek validation. Their season was a rousing success and their football program is in the top tier nationally because they beat Penn State. Nothing else matters.

pitt is a one-game, keychain program.

Penn-State-tops-Wisconsin-to-win-Big-Ten-Championship_6_1.jpg
Yet they trash Penn State as being overrated, only have a winning record because we play a crappy schedule, and having a bad coach. Kind of confusing for the average person with a brain....either you beat us and we're really good so that makes the win valuable, or we're overrated and you had key chains made for beating a mediocre team. My brain hurts!

Reactions: jomouli23
There's no end to Narduzzi and Pitt's attempts to imitate us. Pat Signal, videos, etc. They are all too stupid to see the irony.

Reactions: step.eng69
They can make all the ped state jokes they want. They know pitt is overshadowed by Penn State, and it kills them. Hence the childish and misplaced jokes. They have nothing else.

It's not helping them, or hurting us. If you look at their entire athletic department, they are at the beginning of a death spiral. The basketball program has imploded and looks like it will be terrible for the foreseeable future. That was the program they could hang their hat on. They finished 3rd worst of all Power 5 conference programs in the Director's Cup. Even after the big-for-Pitt season they had in 2016, they can't land blue chip talent the following recruiting class. This will be a .500 type season for them, then what?

Penn State's fortunes have never looked brighter, in football and basically all the sports (make or break year for Pat). They can continue to slop around in the mud, but Penn State came out looking clean.

shrug-gif-114.gif

I think we need a running thread for the funny things Pitt fans say

I'll start

In response to Pitt landing a 5.6 3 star

The biggest mistake we made was renewing the series with Pitt. I'm from WePA and I don't get this obsession over Pitt. PSU desperately needs a new rival. I thought Oh-how-I-hate had supplanted $hittsburgh. I guess not. Maybe Maryland, being the last game of the season, will do the trick. I cling to the hope this psychosis is cured because outside PA nobody gives a $hit!

Honor the Penguins? That's funny. How exactly do they expect to do that? Duquesne, CMU and RMU could do it too and it would make as much sense.

Maybe Northwestern will honor the Cubs this year.
When you can't win championships you are forced with hinting local team. Pretty pathetic.

It really is odd. Nobody's going to a Pitt football game just because they are honoring the Penguins. In fact, it's very likely that on any given Saturday in the fall, the Penguins game attendance will be greater than the actual Pitt game attendance. These are the people who announce that 15,000 are actually 35,000.

It really is odd. Nobody's going to a Pitt football game just because they are honoring the Penguins. In fact, it's very likely that on any given Saturday in the fall, the Penguins game attendance will be greater than the actual Pitt game attendance. These are the people who announce that 15,000 are actually 35,000.
They had a Cinco de Mayo ticket offer to buy tickets to the season opener, the season opener! with the Ribfest going on on a holiday weekend, for $5! No one wants to go to a Pitt game. It's almost as if the words of Beano Cook comes back to haunt them. Go to a Pitt football game? Haven't they suffered enough!

It costs more to buy a ticket to see my local single A high school football team play on a Friday night.

15,000????? That only happens if us or ND are in town.

Former Penn State player Kamonte Carter is starring on last Chance you. It's being said he comes off as lazy and unmotivated.

He is now attending and playing for Pitt. It looks like Pitt fans will finally get to use the term sleeping giant and be right

Reactions: step.eng69
Former Penn State player Kamonte Carter is starring on last Chance you. It's being said he comes off as lazy and unmotivated.

He is now attending and playing for Pitt. It looks like Pitt fans will finally get to use the term sleeping giant and be right
On episode 2 now. Thank God this moron is no longer part of our program. He's borderline severely retarded and a terrible person on top of that. Garbage. Peace. Deuces.

Pitt fans almost have to be the most uneducated fan base in America. They play in the ACC coastal with a crossover of Syracuse(yearly) and NC State this year and make it sound like murderers row. They fail to realize that the B1G plays 9 conference games, so both teams play 9 P5 teams. Games Pitt would lose on Penn state's schedule while still playing PSU

@iowa
@osu
Mich
@NW
PSU
@mich st
Nebraska

Indiana - toss up
Maryland - toss up

http://www.scout.com/college/pittsb...huddle/16783462-observation-on-b1g-scheduling

On episode 2 now. Thank God this moron is no longer part of our program. He's borderline severely retarded and a terrible person on top of that. Garbage. Peace. Deuces.
And Pitt fans say their program is very selective and too tough to get a lot of good players. Yet they call us a football factory and we'll take anyone. That argument completely goes out the door with this guy.

Pitt is quickly becoming Last Chance U...they are bringing in another guy that starred on the show who had to sit out the spring at Texas due to academics

Add that to having Alex Bookser on tape crashing his car getting chased by the cops and never getting suspended

Looks like Pitt puts football before everything else.....and they still suck

They had a Cinco de Mayo ticket offer to buy tickets to the season opener, the season opener! with the Ribfest going on on a holiday weekend, for $5! No one wants to go to a Pitt game. It's almost as if the words of Beano Cook comes back to haunt them. Go to a Pitt football game? Haven't they suffered enough!

It costs more to buy a ticket to see my local single A high school football team play on a Friday night.

They have a MayDay March every year.

Pitt is quickly becoming Last Chance U...they are bringing in another guy that starred on the show who had to sit out the spring at Texas due to academics

Add that to having Alex Bookser on tape crashing his car getting chased by the cops and never getting suspended

Looks like Pitt puts football before everything else.....and they still suck

Not sure how they can tolerate that culture for (on average) 6 wins a year, and absolutely no future in football or any sport. Throw in the way their fans care more about blaming PSU for the crimes of an ex-employee than past and future victims. They are a despicable bunch.

PSU is success with honor. Pitt is failure with disgrace.

Conner shirts show Pitt is it.

"Varoom".

Who are the morons buying them? What is the sample size?

ADVERTISEMENT