ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Pitt is quickly becoming Last Chance U...they are bringing in another guy that starred on the show who had to sit out the spring at Texas due to academics

Add that to having Alex Bookser on tape crashing his car getting chased by the cops and never getting suspended

Looks like Pitt puts football before everything else.....and they still suck
Last I heard, according to pitt fans, The Pennsylvania State University’s culture is consumed with football at all costs. I’m confused after reading the pittt board on the recruitment of a player that has been plagued with academic problems throughout his college vocation. :confused:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read he had some academic issues that kept him out in the spring and as a result got passed on depth chart. Same article though said he got his academics in order to grad transfer. Either way, seems to be a nice addition and someone who can start right away.

I would assume this is bad news for Bookser.

13 pitt2533, Yesterday at 3:07 PM

Welcome to Pitt Mr Hodges!

Does this mean Paris is not eligible or someone greyshirts so we would be at 85?

2 Cathedral Lawn Frisbee, Yesterday at 2:26 PM

Phil Steele's season preview mag has him listed as the starter at RT for Texas again this year as well.

8 BFo8, Yesterday at 2:52 PM

More than once. He had to go to JC (Last Chance U school, actually) before he got to Texas, too.

These are the kind of things that dispel some of the folk lore of us having higher standards, but who cares? If this kid can help out right away on the OL, it is a great add.

16 Jpripper88, Yesterday at 3:39 PM

Correct. Months after being suspended for academic reasons. That is not the profile of a normal graduate student. He is getting in because he can help our football team and he meets the NCAA standards. That is great for Pitt football.

18 Jpripper88, Yesterday at 4:32 PM

23369.jpg
There's a top and bottom for everything and he may have moved the bottom to a new level but he's here for one year to play football.
Now we need a similar player to replace Taleni and we're just down one going into fall practice.

19 BuffetParrothead, Yesterday at 4:43 PM

he received his degree from the University of Texas....earned is somewhat subjective imo.

21 upj87, Yesterday at 5:01 PM

Man, you might just jump off the UPMC Tower if Bookser ALSO ends up eligible and playing.

I suppose you'll burn your degree today, since the integrity of our Ivy-esque academy is being so badly impugned by these grotesque compromises!

Welcome aboard Mr. Hodges! More properly, Bachelor Of Science Hodges! We appreciate your imminent enrollment in our middling university, considering you're coming from yet another school that's ranked better than ours despite its heathen obsession with sports!

22 Revenge Of The Noise, Yesterday at 5:36 PM

Holy heck what a great pick up!!

You can tell it's extra great when the negative Pitt posters come on to dump on television kid... he must really be a stud

26 JokePa, Today at 2:37 AM

I was doing some rubber necking at lunch on the pitt board reading an article about the successful sales of Steelers James Conner’s jersey. The 8th post of 41 brought Penn state into the thread and from there….well they seem to embrace a high praise for the us ‘Nitters’. :rolleyes:

DiehardPanther said:

http://www.dsg.com/jerseyreport/football

#2 best selling jersey at Dick's Sporting Goods.

sadly, nitters that are Steeler fans will not buy...

8 Pitt-Chains, Jul 19, 2017

Sure they will. They aren't as steeped in hatred as Pitt fans are...just the way it is.

10 pittguy81, Jul 19, 2017

I was doing some rubber necking at lunch on the pitt board reading an article about the successful sales of Steelers James Conner’s jersey. The 8th post of 41 brought Penn state into the thread and from there….well they seem to embrace a high praise for the us ‘Nitters’. :rolleyes:

DiehardPanther said:

Sure they will. They aren't as steeped in hatred as Pitt fans are...just the way it is.

A lot of truth there. Reference the outpouring of prayers and support for JC when he was diagnosed. I recall similar well wishes when it was announced that he was cancer free. He is a fine young man who appears to do and say the right things. I hope he has a long, injury free and profitable career in the NFL. I've stated before that I doubt the enmity exists between the players. It's always a good thing to have a healthy respect for those you compete against.

Reactions: step.eng69
Pitt is quickly becoming Last Chance U...they are bringing in another guy that starred on the show who had to sit out the spring at Texas due to academics

Add that to having Alex Bookser on tape crashing his car getting chased by the cops and never getting suspended

Looks like Pitt puts football before everything else.....and they still suck

The grad transfer OL is interesting for a number of reasons.
The first being does that mean the gig is up for Bookser?
Or
Does that mean the injury to their other OL (name escapes me) is worse than thought?
Their OL went from the strongest, and very good unit on the team last year, to our OL circa 2014.
Lets hope their results are similar.

A lot of truth there. Reference the outpouring of prayers and support for JC when he was diagnosed. I recall similar well wishes when it was announced that he was cancer free. He is a fine young man who appears to do and say the right things. I hope he has a long, injury free and profitable career in the NFL. I've stated before that I doubt the enmity exists between the players. It's always a good thing to have a healthy respect for those you compete against.

I’m sorry Marshall, I misled you with the tic comment. Although some of the posters requested the others to keep remarks about the nitts off the posting.

Last edited:

DiehardPanther said:

and then another clowns posts that he would never buy a Jesse James jersey and roots against him on every play and hopes he gets hurt even though he is a Steelers fan - what an F-ed up group of people they are over there, just complete POS's. Cant wait to roll them in September and the next two years and never have to play them again. They will have to have more give aways to get to 5000 in their rent-a-stadium and the normal 6 wins a years won't help.

and then another clowns posts that he would never buy a Jesse James jersey and roots against him on every play and hopes he gets hurt even though he is a Steelers fan - what an F-ed up group of people they are over there, just complete POS's. Cant wait to roll them in September and the next two years and never have to play them again. They will have to have more give aways to get to 5000 in their rent-a-stadium and the normal 6 wins a years won't help.
LOL, good night, going home

I'm guilty of venturing over there.. I honestly hope they say things just for shock factor. It's just so weird..

1. HailpittSophomore
    NewOther than the video replay of the day the indictments related to jo pa's pedophilia cover-up scandal, the "13-9" remains close to my heart (great read--click on link below):

https://www.sbnation.com/a/2007-college-football-season/pitt-west-virginia/amp

1 Hailpitt, Today at 2:00 PM
    Like + Quote Reply

2. Pitt79Head Coach
    New

Other than the video replay of the day the indictments related to jo pa's pedophilia cover-up scandal,
    Oh yeah, I have that on DVD and watch it 3 times a week.

2 Pitt79, Today at 2:05 PM

Then they post about Carter that "the kid must really be a troublemaker to get kicked out of PSU"...yet he's going to Pitt. So what does that make Pitt's standards? You can't make this much stupid up.

DiehardPanther said:

What did they sell?

A hundred shirts?

LMAO!

I have to say, every time I have a patient who says they are a Pitt football fan, I silently wonder if they are a potential Lair poster.

Reactions: denniskembala
The Conner shirts sold mean about as much as Bookser blasting ass in handcuffs in the back of a Pittsburgh police car.

Here is a funny thing a Pitt fan may say and be accurate!

Pitt is undefeated against PSU in the 2 major college sports, that being mens BB and FB this century.

Pretty funny right

Here's the crazy thing, since the turn of the century, Pitt has only beat PSU in football twice! In 16 years, Pitt has only managed to beat PSU twice.

Reactions: PSUoh90

Yet Penn State fans put football above everything else. Meanwhile, in last 2 years they've had 3 DUI's (one during a cop chase and wreck) that have added up to a 1 game suspension, they've added 2 players from last chance U, and the repeadetly take kids with academic issues just because they want to try and win 9 games someday.....yes Penn State has the football culture problem :eek:

I'm guilty of venturing over there.. I honestly hope they say things just for shock factor. It's just so weird..

1. HailpittSophomore
    NewOther than the video replay of the day the indictments related to jo pa's pedophilia cover-up scandal, the "13-9" remains close to my heart (great read--click on link below):

https://www.sbnation.com/a/2007-college-football-season/pitt-west-virginia/amp

1 Hailpitt, Today at 2:00 PM
    Like + Quote Reply

Oh, you mean the cover-up that the lead prosecutor found no evidence of, and was completely disproven in a court of law?

Genius! I guess we should have guessed their intelligence level by their screen name. Did they put no forethought into the fact that someday they wouldn't be a sophomore, or is that the year they dropped out of school? Maybe HailPittTuesday was taken?

Here's the crazy thing, since the turn of the century, Pitt has only beat PSU in football twice! In 16 years, Pitt has only managed to beat PSU twice.

Yeah, if you arbitrarily limit the sports and the years, you can even make Pitt not look terrible. Next they will try to point out that from March 17, 1947 to March 23 1947 the Pitt athletic department dominated PSU by winning a baseball and a softball game.

Fact is the PSU athletic department is light years ahead of Pitt. The PSU football team has won 7 of the last 9 against Pitt, soon to be 8/10. It would be more if Pitt didn't end the series. Sure Pitt lucked into a win last season, but not one sane person in this world would trade the season PSU had for that win.

Reactions: denniskembala
Hey if Pitt fans want to play the Sandusky card and say Penn State is all about football despite it not helping the football team one bit, that is fine.

Just do not talk out of both sides of your mouth and praise Narduzzi for adding kids from last chance U, with academic problems, and for not punishing kids with DUI's because you want to win.

Make no mistake, Pitt fans would sell their own and do horrible things to have just 1 season like Penn State had last year. They just will not be able to do so

Last I heard, according to pitt fans, The Pennsylvania State University’s culture is consumed with football at all costs. I’m confused after reading the pittt board on the recruitment of a player that has been plagued with academic problems throughout his college vocation. :confused:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I read he had some academic issues that kept him out in the spring and as a result got passed on depth chart. Same article though said he got his academics in order to grad transfer. Either way, seems to be a nice addition and someone who can start right away.

I would assume this is bad news for Bookser.

13 pitt2533, Yesterday at 3:07 PM

Welcome to Pitt Mr Hodges!

Does this mean Paris is not eligible or someone greyshirts so we would be at 85?

2 Cathedral Lawn Frisbee, Yesterday at 2:26 PM

Phil Steele's season preview mag has him listed as the starter at RT for Texas again this year as well.

8 BFo8, Yesterday at 2:52 PM

More than once. He had to go to JC (Last Chance U school, actually) before he got to Texas, too.

These are the kind of things that dispel some of the folk lore of us having higher standards, but who cares? If this kid can help out right away on the OL, it is a great add.

16 Jpripper88, Yesterday at 3:39 PM

Correct. Months after being suspended for academic reasons. That is not the profile of a normal graduate student. He is getting in because he can help our football team and he meets the NCAA standards. That is great for Pitt football.

18 Jpripper88, Yesterday at 4:32 PM

23369.jpg
There's a top and bottom for everything and he may have moved the bottom to a new level but he's here for one year to play football.
Now we need a similar player to replace Taleni and we're just down one going into fall practice.

19 BuffetParrothead, Yesterday at 4:43 PM

he received his degree from the University of Texas....earned is somewhat subjective imo.

21 upj87, Yesterday at 5:01 PM

Man, you might just jump off the UPMC Tower if Bookser ALSO ends up eligible and playing.

I suppose you'll burn your degree today, since the integrity of our Ivy-esque academy is being so badly impugned by these grotesque compromises!

Welcome aboard Mr. Hodges! More properly, Bachelor Of Science Hodges! We appreciate your imminent enrollment in our middling university, considering you're coming from yet another school that's ranked better than ours despite its heathen obsession with sports!

22 Revenge Of The Noise, Yesterday at 5:36 PM

Holy heck what a great pick up!!

You can tell it's extra great when the negative Pitt posters come on to dump on television kid... he must really be a stud

26 JokePa, Today at 2:37 AM

This kid will probably never earn a credit at Pitt. Enroll in the fall; make a half-hearted attempt to pretend to be a student to be eligible to play football; Pitt's season will end with its last regular season game and no bowl, or with a bowl that is played a week before Christmas; then the kid flunks out, but still manages to obtain the same benefits a Pitt degree would get him -- a pizza delivery job. Hail to pitiful!

I just make sure that I always have gloves and a mask on. Can't be too careful.

Whatever those people have on the Lair, it doesn't appear to be curable. I don't want it.

Hey if Pitt fans want to play the Sandusky card and say Penn State is all about football despite it not helping the football team one bit, that is fine.

Just do not talk out of both sides of your mouth and praise Narduzzi for adding kids from last chance U, with academic problems, and for not punishing kids with DUI's because you want to win.

Make no mistake, Pitt fans would sell their own and do horrible things to have just 1 season like Penn State had last year. They just will not be able to do so
They would sell their own just to beat PSU each year...they don't care about winning championships.

Oh, you mean the cover-up that the lead prosecutor found no evidence of, and was completely disproven in a court of law?

Genius! I guess we should have guessed their intelligence level by their screen name. Did they put no forethought into the fact that someday they wouldn't be a sophomore, or is that the year they dropped out of school? Maybe HailPittTuesday was taken?

The "Sophomore" is just a ranking system on the lair similar to our "well known member," "new member," etc. It only looks like it's part of the handle. (If you look a little further below you'll see that handle without "sophomore" attached.)

Not to worry, though; there's more than enough other stupid over there.

There is a funny thread on the Lair about Cole Beck and Pitt recruiting. Comments range from Nardawg being a very good recruiter, to the reason Pitt is struggling is due to not offering "packages($$$)", like other schools-PSU included, to wait for it........" lack of admin support and there are covert PSU grads on the Pitt BOD".

Yet Penn State fans put football above everything else. Meanwhile, in last 2 years they've had 3 DUI's (one during a cop chase and wreck) that have added up to a 1 game suspension, they've added 2 players from last chance U, and the repeadetly take kids with academic issues just because they want to try and win 9 games someday.....yes Penn State has the football culture problem :eek:

They are becoming MSU East but without the bubbly personality of Dantonio (TIC) and the coaching accumen.

The package that Pitt can't offer includes a winning tradition, a sane head coach, a stadium full of fans, and other recruits that can actually play.

If they are suggesting that this is the package we are offering, they are right.

The package that Pitt can't offer includes a winning tradition, a sane head coach, a stadium full of fans, and other recruits that can actually play.

If they are suggesting that this is the package we are offering, they are right.

You forgot the university owned on-campus stadium, the best uniform in CFB, and most importantly... not being Pitt.

The Pitt fans and their "Camelot".

The disgusting PGPG
For the second day in a row, Pitt football is totally ignored in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette sports section. PSU had first page status in the Sunday edition, and the same this morning. This is a "Pittsburgh" newspaper???? I know, what else is new.

HailtoPittHead Coach
New
They
want to make money and Penn State fans are easier marks. I mean, they are still fans after knowing that their legendary coach and flawless administration covered for a child sex predator. It's like taking candy from a baby. Pitt fans would be like trying to take candy from a large fat guy. Much more difficult.

FranbFreshman

New

Maybe there was nothing newsworthy to report.

HailToPitt1985All Conference
New
I
never understood why a PITTSBURGH paper would report so extensively on an out-of-town team like PissU. I know there are PissU alumni in Pittsburgh. So what? If they want reporting on their garbage team, go buy a State College paper.

This is on the editors of the fish wrap in Pittsburgh. It's their responsibility to report on hometown teams, not out-of-town teams. At least not as extensively as they do. If they want to be consistent, why aren't they reporting on OSU, or UM, or ND more? How about Maryland?

Revenge Of The NoiseFreshman
New Frankly
at this point I think I prefer to be left in the dark. The articles they do write about us aren't inspiring much excitement. The TB article of the other day was disappointing. Really was hoping somebody was wowing at the position in practices but it sounds like nobody is. Hopefully the coaches are outright lying on that front.

recruitsreadtheseboardsAll P I T T !
NewI saw this yesterday and thought the same thing. Then I wonder, it seems Franklin is much more receptive to the media and Narduzzi isn't. So maybe it is the PG saying "the hell with you then" and if you don't want us to cover, well then we won't cover you guys

Pitt thread reporting that George Aston broke his ankle. I serouisly wish this is not true.
Really want to play Pitt Mano e Mano with their best team on the field. Guess we'll have to wait until next year.

"This program is freaking cursed. Seriously, freaking cursed. Between suspensions, injuries, etc... we have our share plus ten on a yearly basis. I know injuries and so forth are part of football and all teams go through them but my god does Pitt get hammered with this kind of stuff. Can we ever have a season where injuries are limited and suspensions are non existent".

Last edited:
No, you can't. And it's all because of Lair-induced bad karma.
Yep, karma is what I thought reading their threads.

CJsE said:
Also I'm guessing the fact that one team is a legitimate National Championship contender while the other was 128th in pass defense, lost most of its offensive production, has its 4th offensive coordinator in 4 years, and is looking to finish somewhere in the 20-50 rankings.

I'm not knocking Pitt, I will be at every home game and hopefully the PSU game, but let's be real about which Pennsylvania team is the preseason story this year.

HailToPitt1985 said
What does that have to do with a hometown paper covering a football team where the coaches either participated in or enabled child rape? No one should be covering them and they shouldn't even be playing football. They're garbage, regardless of where they're supposedly ranked or what their so-called record is. If you want to follow that septic tank of a program, go knock yourself out. And regardless of the score of the Pitt-PissU game this year or any year, Pitt always wins because we aren't PissU.

Last edited:
Yep, karma is what I thought reading their threads.

CJsE said:
Also I'm guessing the fact that one team is a legitimate National Championship contender while the other was 128th in pass defense, lost most of its offensive production, has its 4th offensive coordinator in 4 years, and is looking to finish somewhere in the 20-50 rankings.

I'm not knocking Pitt, I will be at every home game and hopefully the PSU game, but let's be real about which Pennsylvania team is the preseason story this year.

HailToPitt1985 said
What does that have to do with a hometown paper covering a football team where the coaches either participated in or enabled child rape? No one should be covering them and they shouldn't even be playing football. They're garbage, regardless of where they're supposedly ranked or what their so-called record is. If you want to follow that septic tank of a program, go knock yourself out. And regardless of the score of the Pitt-PissU game this year or any year, Pitt always wins because we aren't PissU.
Wow, that one guy is so angry it is disturbing. I would hate to be his neighbor and have my leaves blow into his yard. No telling what he might do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT