ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

30 years? You're being gracious. It's more like 80 years with a one-off during the late 70s/early 80s. And they're a football school? Good grief.
One of the reasons that they don't believe that anyone running a clean program can win is because they only had the "one-off" success because the Golden Panthers were paying players twice what the Pittsburgh Steelers were paying.

Still not too late for Majors III. Maybe they could coax Sherrill out of retirement also to be the DC.

I must admit that I broke my vow and returned to the Lair and read the Spanier thread. Really glad that I did because now I completely understand the true story behind the Sandusky scandal. It clearly also answered all my questions about Area 51, who killed Kennedy, where Elvis is now and the origins of the Bermuda Triangle.

I must admit that I broke my vow and returned to the Lair and read the Spanier thread. Really glad that I did because now I completely understand the true story behind the Sandusky scandal. It clearly also answered all my questions about Area 51, who killed Kennedy, where Elvis is now and the origins of the Bermuda Triangle.

You forgot other lair logic like: the earth is flat, OJ is innocent, and Tupac & Biggie live together on the moon.

But were they able to address the two biggest quandaries facing the country?

1. Script Pitt vs. Block Pitt
2. Location for an on-campus stadium

Pitt just landed a grad transfer from Rutgers. A former top 1200 recruit who caught......wait for it....2 passes last year. One for 7 yards. He will no doubt be a deep threat for Kenny Heisman.

Whipple will be hamstrung with the weak tight ends on the Pitt roster. He obviously likes to throw to tight ends, but he'll have issues with Pitts mediocre TEs. The new TE had 13 catches during his career at Rutgres.

Last edited:
Whipple will be hamstrung with the weak tight ends on the Pitt roster. He obviously likes to throw to tight ends, but he'll have issues with Pitts weak TEs. The new TE had 13 catches during his career at Rutgres.

But, but, but...look what Whipple did when he got his hands on former PSU 5-star Adam Brenneman. Brenneman ‘’did nothing’’ at Penn State, but really blossomed under the tutelage of Whipple at UMass. As if Penn State never had a tight end who did anything.

Hey, Pitt fans: Ever hear of Pat Friermuth? Mike Gesicki? Jesse James? Let’s work back from there.

But, but, but...look what Whipple did when he got his hands on former PSU 5-star Adam Brenneman. Brenneman ‘’did nothing’’ at Penn State, but really blossomed under the tutelage of Whipple at UMass. As if Penn State never had a tight end who did anything.

Hey, Pitt fans: Ever hear of Pat Friermuth? Mike Gesicki? Jesse James? Let’s work back from there.

lol... several years ago on my first Lair post, I was banned for telling the "Adam Breneman story" when he was putting up big numbers at UM. They had never heard of him. Had he not been sidelined with injuries, he would have had a great PSU career. He had a pretty good freshman year at PSU. Today he is a great off field representative of PSU.

Whipple will be hamstrung with the weak tight ends on the Pitt roster. He obviously likes to throw to tight ends, but he'll have issues with Pitts mediocre TEs. The new TE had 13 catches during his career at Rutgres.
Whipple is hamstrung by being Whipple. He has never had success at major college level and will run an offense that will cause even more napping at Heinz Field. They'll be lucky to average 14 points a game. And that's only because they play in the Coastal. If they played anywhere else they'd make the Rutgers offense look prolific. Why risk a young, dynamic OC when you could get the guy that helped turn UMass into a program that even the Sun Belt and the MAC didn't want.

lol... several years ago on my first Lair post, I was banned for telling the "Adam Breneman story" when he was putting up big numbers at UM. They had never heard of him. Had he not been sidelined with injuries, he would have had a great PSU career. He had a pretty good freshman year at PSU. Today he is a great off field representative of PSU.

One thing Pitt fans aren’t is knowledgeable. Didn’t mean to come off as being dismissive of Brenneman if I did.

Pitt just landed a grad transfer from Rutgers. A former top 1200 recruit who caught......wait for it....2 passes last year. One for 7 yards. He will no doubt be a deep threat for Kenny Heisman.
It is fantasy season for denizens of the Lair. All transfers into Pitt are guaranteed first round draft picks until the actual season begins. They then immediately fade into obscurity. Wash, rinse and repeat year after year.

And lest we forget: Crazy Paco is sick.

Seriously, what is WRONG with this creature who feels the need to criticize Penn State at every turn?

There are some who believe that's another posting name for Chris Peak. He can't say what he really thinks about us using his official name, goes the logic.

If his pass patterns are 3.5 yards and Kenny Heisman's passes are 8 yards, that isn't good.

Narduzzi throws another Pitt player (Anthony McKee LB) under the bus as he leaves. This guy is the epitome of a sore losers. Does it to any coach or player who leaves. “Never my fault” Pat

[It’s] a little disappointing because I think he had the potential to be pretty good. You have to want it right here,” the head coach, pointing to his head, said according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.“You have to want to have another year of it"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT