ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

Lol I can't believe I continue to see this thread over and over and over and over and over and over... oh yeah, and over again... What's the record for a thread? :confused:

Did you know that "THON" is PSU's attempt at overcoming its envy of Pitt (because Pitt is responsible for curing polio)?

I was unaware of that ancient accomplishment... thus it’s hard to be jealous. We should add some points to the score of the game last fall. That’s gotta be worth at least a FG? So 51-9 is the new score.

But it’s just like Pitt fans to cling to ancient history. Polio was cured before my parents were born, time to stop bragging.

I know Pitt football is struggling, but I hear they had to "draft" players for the spring game? I see they kept attendance "vanilla" yesterday, so that no one or nothing could be seen.;)

Pitt Lair predicting a top 25 recruiting class for 2020 as the Panthers gain a strangle hold on 65th in the rankings with a top 700 recruit yesterday!

A safer prediction is Pitt will lose to Ohio at home. Their offense will be terrible due to a lousy oline. It was poor pass blocking last year and will be worse this year. Our defensive line will give them fits

They severely overrate their defense. It was poor against teams with any pulse on offense last year. Due to playing in the ACC, they played some poor offenses, so they were able to finish 59th in the country and now they call it a strength.

A safer prediction is Pitt will lose to Ohio at home. Their offense will be terrible due to a lousy oline. It was poor pass blocking last year and will be worse this year. Our defensive line will give them fits

They severely overrate their defense. It was poor against teams with any pulse on offense last year. Due to playing in the ACC, they played some poor offenses, so they were able to finish 59th in the country and now they call it a strength.
I agree. Pitt will have its hands full vs the mighty Solichs'

Reactions: JJTopp99

As mentioned above, show some respect. We are discussing the reigning ACC Coastal Champion.

Reactions: marshall23
Did we actually have a spring game yesterday?
I thought this deserves to be published..

HailToPitt1985Heisman Candidate

I don't know and I doubt many people were there that could tell us. It's not a big deal around here and this team isn't exactly exciting. Just nothing to talk about with this team, other than the obvious negatives. I'm just hoping that we don't have a losing record this year. Not looking good. Very few ACC-level players at the skill positions

steelcurtain55.Redshirt
Not looking good. Very few ACC-level players at the skill positions.
Outside of Clemson, there isn't much separation in talent at all positions.

The difference is who has a qb and who doesn't.

And RB's. And WR's. And LB's. And DB's

Did we actually have a spring game yesterday?
I thought this deserves to be published..

I don't know and I doubt many people were there that could tell us. It's not a big deal around here and this team isn't exactly exciting. Just nothing to talk about with this team, other than the obvious negatives. I'm just hoping that we don't have a losing record this year. Not looking good. Very few ACC-level players at the skill positions

steelcurtain55.Redshirt
Not looking good. Very few ACC-level players at the skill positions.
Outside of Clemson, there isn't much separation in talent at all positions.

And RB's. And WR's. And LB's. And DB's

What’s the greater number: attendance at Pitt’s spring game or Kenny Football’s passing yards against Clemson?

Did he attend any sporting events while at Pitt? If so, ask him if he sat there and chanted "Eff Penn State!" at every event? Did he EVER see Penn State as an opponent while chanting "Eff Penn State"...OR was it "Penn State Sucks"? Ask him?
No. Pharmacy is a 6 year program. He started in 2001 and graduated in 2007. 2001 was the first of 15 yrs where Paterno took his ball and went home. No games. Arctic air from State College to Pittsburgh!

No. Pharmacy is a 6 year program. He started in 2001 and graduated in 2007. 2001 was the first of 15 yrs where Paterno took his ball and went home. No games. Arctic air from State College to Pittsburgh!

You have no one to blame for 15 years of no games but the Pitt AD. In the 90s, Pitt refused longer term series (with games shifted to PSU to make the economics work), and short term series. Joe Paterno could not make Pitt want to play. Joe was the coach when Pitt finally caved and the current series was scheduled. Face it, Pitt prefers pretending they want to play and complaining about it not happening, to actually playing. History proves that.

Why would Pitt ever want to play PSU? PSU has won 9 of the last 11 games. Pitt's only wins were against one of the worst PSU squads ever (2000), and against an injury depleted roster that still should have won the game (2016), but twice handed it to Pitt. 2019 will not be kind to the Panthers either.

I have to caca.
06b797b39a0efe64c21b53aa0340fc20734a0c1312bd083eecbf933408047bcc.jpg

Reactions: denniskembala
ADVERTISEMENT