ADVERTISEMENT

PIAA Basketball Semi-final sites and times

Relayer

Jun 18, 2001
All games are Tuesday night.

Class AAAA
[/B]
Roman Catholic (12-1) vs. Lancaster McCaskey (3-8), at Reading High's Geigle Complex, 7:30
Martin Luther King (12-2) vs. Pittsburgh Allderdice (8-1), at Chambersburg HS, 7

Class AAA
[/B]
Neumann-Goretti (12-1) vs. Imhotep Charter (12-2), at Philadelphia University, 6
Archbishop Carroll (12-3) vs. Erie Cathedral Prep (10-1), at Bald Eagle Area HS, 7:30

Class AA

[/B]Conwell-Egan (12-1) vs. Loyalsock (4-1), at Cumberland Valley HS, 7:30
Aliquippa (7-1) vs. West Middlesex (10-1), at New Castle HS, 7

Class A
[/B]
Constitution (12-1) vs. Math, Civics & Science (12-2), at Philadelphia University, 8
Kennedy Catholic (10-1) vs. Farrell (10-2), at Youngstown State University, 7

This post was edited on 3/15 1:38 PM by Relayer

The Kennedy Catholic vs Farrell is being played in Youngstown. WTF?

According to piaa.org. Is there any common sense in this world?

Ohio

Re: The Kennedy Catholic vs Farrell is being played in Youngstown. WTF?

The PIAA can't force schools to open up their gyms for games so they play where they can within a reasonable distance to the schools involved.

Farrell's AD said this was an excellent decision

I take it this is a huge rivalry with both schools located in the same town. Makes more sense than Clarion. All we hear back east is how the PIAA is too cheap to rent the Pavilion, Palestra or Liacouras Center. I wonder what YSU is charging?

Kennedy-Farrell at YSU.

Ha! I think it's ironic that Kennedy-Farrell is being played at YOungstown. Ever been to a Kennedy game and see the number of Ohio license plates in the parking lot anyway?

Thanks...my bad on mixing up Ambridge and Aliquippa a few pages back...

it was indeed Ambridge as state champ in 1967

Best player with western PA roots... Pistol Pete Maravich. Eastern Pa: Wilt or Kobe? Who do you choose?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT