ADVERTISEMENT

PC being set up at OSU (and results of, and reaction to, BOT decision)

I truly believe this awful press conference and report will do way more damage than if they just would have let him go. This isn't going away quietly. Twitter is blowing up and it is not in support of Urban or this "unbiased" investigative team.

One of the most bizarre press conferences I’ve ever seen in my life.

The Pres obviously pissed Urby wasn’t fired, the AD making sure everyone knows he had nothing to do with Urby’s suspension and Urby pissed at everybody & everything.

There will be reruns of this running non-stop on Comedy Central!

Here’s hoping Shelly beat the crap out of Urby when he got home tonight!

I truly believe this awful press conference and report will do way more damage than if they just would have let him go. This isn't going away quietly. Twitter is blowing up and it is not in support of Urban or this "unbiased" investigative team.

What a debacle! Totally embarrassed themselves and the university and community.

Even their students and fans realize what a sham this was. No remorse or concern for Courtney Smith. Petulant and arrogant to the end.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
This is the time when we need our enemies in the media (the Christine Brennans and Sally Jenkinses of the world) to get on their moral high horse and beat the drum to get Urban out of there. That's the only way he's gonna be gone.

Reactions: ram2020
This is the time when we need our enemies in the media (the Christine Brennans and Sally Jenkinses of the world) to get on their moral high horse and beat the drum to get Urban out of there. That's the only way he's gonna be gone.

CB has already released her column and did her job getting after Urby.

So Urban Meyer is using the Roseanne excuse! Medicine effects his memory!

This is verbatim from OSU's report:

3. We accept that in July 2018 Coach Meyer was deeply absorbed in football season and wanted to focus on football at Big Ten Media Days. The firing of Zach Smith the day before – the first time Coach Meyer had fired a coach – was also on his mind, as was the erroneous media report of a felony arrest of Zach Smith in 2015. We also learned during the investigation that Coach Meyer has sometimes had significant memory issues in other situations where he had prior extensive knowledge of events. He has also periodically taken medicine that can negatively impair his memory, concentration, and focus. All of these factors also need to be considered and weighed in assessing Coach Meyer’s mindset on July 24th

What??????????

I'm pretty sure I know what this refers to. Meyer has cardiac issues and I would assume high blood pressure. He is most likely on meds for both. Specifically, Statins if used long enough will cause short and long term memory loss. You can also have focus and concentration issues.

I take these meds and can attest to these side effects. With that being said, I dont buy it. I think people who take these meds, myself included, may forget simple and minor things, get a timeline mixed up from several years ago, or forget the grocery shopping list, but you dont forget big events, major problems, a crisis, or an ongoing issue. Plus, Meyer is known for his preparation and attention to details.

He is using the meds part as a crutch or out. But it does shed light on Meyer's health and raises questions about his long term viability as a coach. One thing I can guarantee, this scandal and all the negative press,
will take a huge toll on him.

Hey we learned that Coach Smith was a drug addict on top of everything else. That part was news to me.

They didn't elaborate but I'll speculate that he was getting painkillers from the osu medical staff because, why not?

More tidbits from the report:

"Additionally, Ohio State's findings showed Smith was admitted to a treatment facility in June 2016 "for addiction to a stimulant prescription drug used to treat ADHD."

Citing a source, McMurphy had previously reported Smith left treatment after four days despite committing to a 10-day stint in rehab."

"Ultimately, the school deemed Smith displayed "a pattern of troubling behavior" that included "promiscuous and embarrassing sexual behavior, drug abuse, truancy, dishonesty, financial irresponsibility, a possible NCAA violation, and a lengthy police investigation into allegations of criminal domestic violence and cybercrimes."

Despite the litany of transgressions, the investigation explained Meyer didn't take any disciplinary action against Smith before firing him in July."

"financial irresponsibility, a possible NCAA violation" What??????? Bagman???

According to everyone the reason they are in this situation is because people think Meyer lied at media day, not because he employed a known wife beater for nine years. So by claiming Meyer didn’t deliberately lie all is well

Yeah I don’t get that whole line of thinking. Plus didn’t Meyer himself say he lied because he was caught off guard and not expecting the the question. That’s about as deliberate as is gets.

David Jones is a POS, but he knows the buckeyes better than anyone:

Something called "Buckeye Nation" got plenty of mea culpas at the conference, though. Urban apologized to them. So did AD Gene Smith.

What is that, anyway, Buckeye Nation? Do these overgrown fratboys think they're being paid by a fan club? They work for a major university with entrance requirements now so stringent that a 3.9 high school GPA is a prerequisite and far from an acceptance guarantee. But their regrets are focused on the slobbering, face-painted cornbelt hordes, the vast majority of whom never took a class there.

That about sums it up.

Reactions: Judge Smails
Several more interesting things from Eleven Warriors,

GENE SMITH RECOMMENDED MEYER SAY HE WAS AWARE OF 2015 ALLEGATIONS AT BIG TEN MEDIA DAYS
In a message on July 23, Gene Smith recommended that Meyer should say he was “aware of two legal instances in 2009 and 2015” at Big Ten Media Days on July 24. Ohio State athletic communications director Jerry Emig, however, recommended “that Meyer, with respect to the events of 2015, state ‘[t]here were no charges in 2015 and I really don’t even recall any details,’” to which Meyer did not respond.

Gene Smith and Voltolini both spoke to Meyer after Big Ten Media Days “to tell him that he had, in fact, been aware of the law enforcement investigation involving allegations of abuse against Zach Smith in 2015. Meyer says that he was reminded, to a limited extent, of the 2015 events only in these conversations and maintains that, until that point, he had no recollection whatsoever of the 2015 domestic violence investigation of Zach Smith.”

URBAN MEYER RECOMMENDED REHAB FOR ZACH SMITH, BUT GENE SMITH WAS UNAWARE

“In June 2016, based on medical advice and direction from Coach Meyer, Zach Smith was admitted to a drug treatment facility for addiction to a stimulant prescription drug used to treat ADHD.” Gene Smith was not aware of that.

That report has a half-dozen smoking guns in it! They are all over the place!

And Ohio State University officials willingly released that report!

I swear --- we're all just living some video game. God's just trolling all of us. Can this stuff be happening in real life (are OSU officials THAT stupid)?

Again, they are just appeasing their own fan base and don’t care about what anybody else thinks. They care about winning football games and nothing else.

That was the first I head about him wiping his phone right after the Column dropped...WOW! to me that is and should be pretty big news as that almost screams cover up!

To me this all goes to the one text from Shelly to Courtney ".....He scares me" I mean if the head man in charge of everything gets this message from his wife and does nothing! How pathetic can you be....I think we are learning the answer to that question......but of course he claims he didn't know about that! LOL!

Meyer has “memory issues”?

...but this didn't stop him from remembering a meeting from a decade ago when Courtney Smith explicitly admitted to him that she lied to police about Zach Smith's behavior and explicitly stated that he had never physically abused her.

Of course, both her and Zach Smith say that meeting never ****ing happened.

So it isn't just him having memory loss, it seems. There are also times when he just makes up complete lies out of thin air to discredit a victim of domestic violence.

EDIT: Figured I should provide a source for this. It is in the summary of findings report that you should be able to download here. From page 4 of the report:

Coach Meyer maintains that shortly after the 2009 arrest, both Zach and Courtney Smith met with him in his office at Florida to inform him that the arrest of Zach Smith had been based on incorrect information provided to the authorities by Courtney Smith and that, in fact, Zach Smith had not hit or otherwise been violent toward Mrs. Smith. Courtney Smith denies ever meeting with Urban Meyer, although she recalls meeting with Shelley Meyer at that time. Courtney Smith maintains that she has never recanted her allegations to anyone. Zach Smith also recalls that only he met with Urban Meyer, but that Courtney Smith did not. Urban and Shelley Meyer referred the couple to a counselor.

As a doc, and someone on statins myself, I think that the whole memory issue associated with that drug is way overblown. If he's going to use that as a defense up the road, it's not going to get much traction. Half of America is on statins, and we're not all going to admit to memory loss.

I think there is now a chance that Urban Meyer gets canned because of the Ohio State report that pretty clearly shows how he planned to cover this up. That report is making it look much worse than it was to begin with.

Reactions: ImaWright
I think there is now a chance that Urban Meyer gets canned because of the Ohio State report that pretty clearly shows how he planned to cover this up. That report is making it look much worse than it was to begin with.

Why now?? They had the report and could have fired him. With that being said, the backlash on the report and the press conference is like a tsunami of negativity and ill will towards OSU.

Can you imagine if more negative news comes out?

Why now?? They had the report and could have fired him. With that being said, the backlash on the report and the press conference is like a tsunami of negativity and ill will towards OSU.

Can you imagine if more negative news comes out?

You just said it. The backlash. They are laying out the facts in that report showing that hey screwed up by not canning him. Last night was just the beginning of this.

You just said it. The backlash. They are laying out the facts in that report showing that hey screwed up by not canning him. Last night was just the beginning of this.
I think they are in bunker down mode now waiting to ride it out....whether or not this moves the national media...who knows. The sports media is all over it right now, but for how long. It's hard to when the national news media is 24x7 on the POTUS. I think they ride it out and just weather it with him now as they stuck their neck out there now.

I think they are in bunker down mode now waiting to ride it out....whether or not this moves the national media...who knows. The sports media is all over it right now, but for how long. It's hard to when the national news media is 24x7 on the POTUS. I think they ride it out and just weather it with him now as they stuck their neck out there now.

I agree with this as it stands now. But I think people other than McMurphy will now start digging. It will only get uglier from here.

I agree with this as it stands now. But I think people other than McMurphy will now start digging. It will only get uglier from here.
Fair point, some other skeletons may come out of that closet from people who left him or others on that campus. What will be crazy is the women that do protest outside their games and what the reaction will be there....can't think that will end well based on what we've seen from the lunatic fringe of that fanbase.

Reactions: Shendojoe
Somewhere out there is a disgruntled former player who had payments arranged by Smith just waiting to tell his story.
I still can’t believe there was never more made of the story of the recruit (Floyd? Same as the Urban vision from God recruiting?) who was adopted as an adult by a Florida booster.

Last edited:
There will be no "women" protests outside games at Columbus .... their Buckeye husbands would beat them when they get home.

Saw this posted by someone on 247, can't take credit for it....but it made me LOL.

Official White out attire for tOSU in 2018.

HTB19g4aHFXXXXXoXFXXq6xXFXXXj.jpg

Reactions: royboy
Several more interesting things from Eleven Warriors,

GENE SMITH RECOMMENDED MEYER SAY HE WAS AWARE OF 2015 ALLEGATIONS AT BIG TEN MEDIA DAYS
In a message on July 23, Gene Smith recommended that Meyer should say he was “aware of two legal instances in 2009 and 2015” at Big Ten Media Days on July 24. Ohio State athletic communications director Jerry Emig, however, recommended “that Meyer, with respect to the events of 2015, state ‘[t]here were no charges in 2015 and I really don’t even recall any details,’” to which Meyer did not respond.

Gene Smith and Voltolini both spoke to Meyer after Big Ten Media Days “to tell him that he had, in fact, been aware of the law enforcement investigation involving allegations of abuse against Zach Smith in 2015. Meyer says that he was reminded, to a limited extent, of the 2015 events only in these conversations and maintains that, until that point, he had no recollection whatsoever of the 2015 domestic violence investigation of Zach Smith.”

URBAN MEYER RECOMMENDED REHAB FOR ZACH SMITH, BUT GENE SMITH WAS UNAWARE

“In June 2016, based on medical advice and direction from Coach Meyer, Zach Smith was admitted to a drug treatment facility for addiction to a stimulant prescription drug used to treat ADHD.” Gene Smith was not aware of that.

Wait. Now we find out that in the run up to the Big 10 media lies, Meyer had his memory REFRESHED by Gene Smith? Whoa. Sounds like he chose to deliberately lie, and the "memory issues from statins" is a fraud. Holy Sh!t.

Last edited:
We also learned during the investigation that Coach Meyer has sometimes had significant memory issues in other situations where he had prior extensive knowledge of events. He has also periodically taken medicine that can negatively impair his memory, concentration, and focus.

Yeah...so just go ahead and pull his drivers license. Okay?

Urban has been proven not just a liar but that he has zero credibility. At some point, recruits will start dropping them. When they do, Urban has affected football and Ohio St will begin to care. It is the only way Ohio St can be forced to care about abuse.

Reactions: odshowtime
much feigned indignation from ESPN this morning, as expected

Feinbaum is outraged, wonder what he'd say if it was an SEC program

Reactions: Obliviax
Urban has been proven not just a liar but that he has zero credibility. At some point, recruits will start dropping them. When they do, Urban has affected football and Ohio St will begin to care. It is the only way Ohio St can be forced to care about abuse.
Possibly a few, but as long as he is there pumping kids into the league....kids will go there. He might have the 6th ranked class instead of 2nd....possibly...oh the horror of it.

Reactions: royboy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT