ADVERTISEMENT

PC being set up at OSU (and results of, and reaction to, BOT decision)

Delco Lion

Feb 16, 2017
Chadds Ford, PA
Press conference forthcoming and Urban Meyer has arrived at Longaberger Alumni House where the trustees met. Should know everything shortly.

They obviously aren’t firing him if he’s there.
Probably a calculated decision by Meyer to intimidate anyone who can be intimidated. Delco, where did you hear about a PC? That seems odd. One would think the BOT meeting would be an all day event. After all, regardless of their decision, this is going to have profound consequences for OSU so you would think it would be debated in pretty great detail. Even if they immediately decide they are keeping Meyer, the way they roll out the determination will be huge. Finally, I thought the process was the BOT will debate this, along with the Prez, but then the President will deliberate and make the final decision. If that is accurate, I would not thin any decision would be announced today.

He is relegated to the tower for four games. No head sets and can’t “communicate” with squad until white out week!

This is interesting in a fun amateur sleuth kind of way:

Some commenters saying that if Meyer leaves before the PC it’s a good sign he’s been fired. LOL! Who knows.

Trustees meeting was scheduled to start at 9am
Columbus news station (WSYX) tweeted out photos of Urban entering the building around 9:30am

I have no problem retaining him if he acted appropriately.
He publicly lied about knowing about domestic abuse involving a staff member. If he'll lie about that why should anyone trust this guy on any subject. He should be fired but won't be for the lying alone.

Reactions: grinagrin
He publicly lied about knowing about domestic abuse involving a staff member. If he'll lie about that why should anyone trust this guy on any subject. He should be fired but won't be for the lying alone.

Again--what obligation was he under to tell the truth in that situation? Literally everyone lies...if you haven't ever lied enjoy sainthood.

Again--what obligation was he under to tell the truth in that situation? Literally everyone lies...if you haven't ever lied enjoy sainthood.

Allow me to paraphrase the Ohio Staye way: Everybody lies. Rapes people. Murders people. Steals from you. Steals from me.

You’re right, since everyone lies or has lied at some point in time no one should ever be held accountable for those lies. Context doesn’t matter. A person’s position doesn’t matter. We really now do live in the degeneracy of moral relativism.

I think the bigger issue is the scandal, or whatever you want to call it, created by the lie. Reading his contract there are grounds for dismissal if his actions bring scandal etc to the university. If lies made someone unemployable no one over the age of 3 would be able to work.

I believe he lied about being "aware" of a domestic abuse allegation. In fact, in reference to 2015, it was a violation of a restraining order, not an abuse claim.

I despise Urbs, but lying to the press isn't a crime. If he reported what he know to his boss, that's exactly what he's supposed to do.

The way I see it, this isn't my problem- or any of my business either.

This investigation isn't the one I'm interested in.

He's there to give his opinion of Zach Smith's junk
Press conference forthcoming and Urban Meyer has arrived at Longaberger Alumni House where the trustees met. Should know everything shortly.
i
He's there to give his opinion of Zach Smith's junk in the pictures on his phone.

OSU really does invest in the best facilities...

i3.jpg

Dont' know how to post tweets cause I'm not a tweeter, however from Clay Hall...

"@OSUCoachMeyer has now been inside with trustees for 3 & half hours."

One of the responses says "I can’t imagine it would take3 hours to tell him he is cleared or even suspended for a couple of games. Sounds like buyout negotiations."

I tend to agree

Dont' know how to post tweets cause I'm not a tweeter, however from Clay Hall...

One of the responses says "I can’t imagine it would take3 hours to tell him he is cleared or even suspended for a couple of games. Sounds like buyout negotiations."

I tend to agree
Could be a Q & A. I doubt they'd negotiate a buyout in this forum. That is something that would be done between Meyer's legal and tOSU's legal/financial.

Are you retarded. You think it's ok to lie at work about knowledge of domestic abuse when you're employing the abuser and you are supposed to be a role model for young men. You must be a real fun guy to deal with.

I tend to agree

Anyone confirm his attorney is present?

Could be a Q & A. I doubt they'd negotiate a buyout in this forum. That is something that would be done between Meyer's legal and tOSU's legal/financial.

Also true. However I don't know if they would wait till the actual board meeting about his fate, to ask him questions. Could be questions that have come up during the investigation, but the about of time he's been there makes me question that part.

best part???? we're all about to be disappointed here soon, and we can all go back to our daily business

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
ADVERTISEMENT