ADVERTISEMENT

PC being set up at OSU (and results of, and reaction to, BOT decision)

So I'm watching reporters going crazy about the deleated texts. What I'm hearing is "those texts exist somewhere, on other phones, or on servers . They don't go away" ..this stuff is not over. EVERYONE wants to get their hands on those texts. I'm pretty sure someone will.
In today’s cyber/tech world, nothing is ever “deleted”. I fully expect those texts to surface in the very near future.

Reactions: ImaWright
In today’s cyber/tech world, nothing is ever “deleted”. I fully expect those texts to surface in the very near future.
If you are correct, the reporter who digs them up will be famous and it will mean the end of Urban as a Head Coach.

Reactions: ImaWright
That would be Brian Voltolini, the same Brian Voltoloni who, per the report, OSU was not able to obtain his text records. Wonder why that was??

Brian Voltoloni's wife Lindsey was said to have had an extensive texting history with Courtney Smith. Would have been interesting to see the texts between the Voltoloni's.

Wonder if there might be a civil suit in the future where they might come out? It would seem a no brainer to settle but Meyer is an arrogant enough prick to fight it.

This is why I stated earlier that I don’t think he makes it through the season. At best he steps down after the season

Those texts will come out. The media has their pound of flesh in sight and I really doubt they let this die.

The interview from a woman’s group in Ohio that I saw on espn killed Meyer and osu. I don’t think Urbs survives this

I was one of the seemingly few here who thought he would get fired. I’m not sure if OSU is going to regret their decision or how they handled it, but I do think they very well might. We know well here how the media lynch mob railroading process works and in my brief reading and radio listening today it’s early stages are clearly in full swing. Will they keep it going until they get their scalp or will they move on to something else? We shall see.

So I've been thinking about this. You're spot on about the lynch mob. We all know that all too well. I've been thinking that there wasn't much of a lynch mob mentality before the press conference right? they didn't spin up into a full lather until AFTER the press conference. Obviously hind sight is 50/50, but I think if they would have given him like a full on 6 week suspension (practice and games) the media I THINK would have been much more silent about all of this. I think that if the stories are true about UM not wanting to take a suspension and essentially bullying everyone into this nonsense, he may have sealed his own fate. Just depends on how long the media keeps up the lather.

So I've been thinking about this. You're spot on about the lynch mob. We all know that all too well. I've been thinking that there wasn't much of a lynch mob mentality before the press conference right? they didn't spin up into a full lather until AFTER the press conference. Obviously hind sight is 50/50, but I think if they would have given him like a full on 6 week suspension (practice and games) the media I THINK would have been much more silent about all of this. I think that if the stories are true about UM not wanting to take a suspension and essentially bullying everyone into this nonsense, he may have sealed his own fate. Just depends on how long the media keeps up the lather.

As long as there is more stuff to find it’ll stay in the news.

Watching The Three Stooges’ press conference, I kept waiting for Urby to use Curley’s “I’m a victim of circumstance” line.

Was waiting for him to throw in “you need me on that field, you want me on that field”.

Will be fun to watch this play out.....

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
On it's gonna stay in the news. They made sure of that with the way they handled it

Probably, but if nothing new comes out, unlikely but possible, they are going to run out of talking points eventually and something else will grab peoples attention. Durkin is still waiting to be fired for example.

Probably, but if nothing new comes out, unlikely but possible, they are going to run out of talking points eventually and something else will grab peoples attention. Durkin is still waiting to be fired for example.

Durkin was fired today. You missed it with all the Urby news.

(Just kidding. But Maryland did miss a good day to do it!)

Was waiting for him to throw in “you need me on that field, you want me on that field”.

Will be fun to watch this play out.....

Sorry it was too good to not make into a meme.

2ggzzi.jpg

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Michael McCann writes a long, sober article on why tOSU didn’t fire Meyer, even though they had at least four reasons he could have been fired for “cause”. Ultimately, it was more expedient for tOSU to not fire Meyer; they may have had more to lose by firing him. It’s doesn’t portray tOSU in a good light at all.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.c...23/ohio-state-urban-meyer-suspension-contract
pretty interesting. I would point to the band director being fired for less infractions than Meyer. Think that band director isn't crafting a well worded letter to Ohio State's management today?

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
Ryan F'n Leaf understands what urban doesn't.

I was a college coach, i screwed up. I don't know if I was offered another coaching job that a parent could trust me because of my past mistakes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT