ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Yet another scandal at Louisville...this in women's Lax

royboy

Nov 9, 2001
Lewisville, NC
https://www.collegecrosse.com/2017/...fires-womens-lacrosse-head-coach-kellie-young

nasty stories about the womens lacrosse coach

"While Young helped lead the Cardinals to great success on the field, she did not fair as well off the field. Indeed, the program has been rocked by allegations of abuse for several years, and a large number of player departures over the last 14 months. Two players left the program this past weekend, four players left the program back on October 24th, and nearly a dozen other players left the team after the conclusion of the 2017 season. Additionally, a former player (Madeline Beck) filed a lawsuit against Young and the school back in August of 2016....

In interviews with The Courier-Journal, six current or former U of L women's lacrosse players from the past two seasons, and a group of parents, described coach Kellie Young as an abusive taskmaster who directed the program amid a culture of fear.

Among the players' allegations against Young — including some that would violate the university's Code of Conduct for employees — players said that she:

• Made a player with a torn anterior cruciate ligament do 250 push-ups as punishment in an airport terminal.

• Kicked a player off the team during a road trip, leaving her behind at the stadium when the team bus returned to the hotel.

• Told two teammates to sign a contract saying they would no longer speak to each other.

• Called players a series of vulgar names and used similarly vulgar terms to refer to their parents.

Yet another scandal at Louisville...this in women's Lax

Not a big surprise to those that follow WLAX. Kellie Young's antics have been widely known to players, parents, refs, other coaches, etc.

The number of transfers she's had should have been a red flag even to those that weren't aware of the specifics. One Louisville WLAX player transferred to PSU in the past year.

i read these stories and am amazed how these coaches stay around for so long. Yelling at a player is pretty weak. But the other ones must have been known to the AD and what happened?

I can't imagine she'll be around for much longer. In a non-revenue sport, where you can get fired for telling your assistant not to report a player having a ball of athletic tape (PSU fencing), it's hard to see how she hangs on.

Didn't Mike Leach get run off for locking some spoiled brat in an equipment shed? He definitely did not get his moneys worth.

Didn't Mike Leach get run off for locking some spoiled brat in an equipment shed? He definitely did not get his moneys worth.

Yeah, well that kid was some ESPN announcer's son, and ESPN put it on sportscenter non-stop and got leach fired...

Is swearing at players a big deal now? Geez, what snow flakes.

All my coaches did when growing up.

How about calling a player a selfish mother f$#%er and a pussy front of the team. Then the coach accuses the player of performing poorly intentionally and pulls the scholarship from that player. You good with that? (Not the case here but I have heard about this happening at a prominent school)

Craig James is NOT a snowflake.

Craig James IS a whiny bitch.

Is this the same Craig James that I hear killed 5 hookers.............allegedly? I don't know if Craig James killed 5 hookers but I keep reading on the internet that people say Craig James killed 5 hookers. #RememberTheFive ;)

Reactions: Ski
Is this the same Craig James that I hear killed 5 hookers.............allegedly? #RememberTheFive ;)
Craig James killed 5 hookers? Allegedly...?

Or is there a different Craig James that killed 5 hookers? Allegedly...
Cause I would hope not, just one

Craig James that killed 5 hookers? Allegedly...

would be bad enough let alone another

Craig James that killed 5 hookers? Allegedly...

out there running around.

Reactions: psu00
Is this the same Craig James that I hear killed 5 hookers.............allegedly? I don't know if Craig James killed 5 hookers but I keep reading on the internet that people say Craig James killed 5 hookers. #RememberTheFive ;)
If it was on the internet it must be true.

How about calling a player a selfish mother f$#%er and a pussy front of the team. Then the coach accuses the player of performing poorly intentionally and pulls the scholarship from that player. You good with that? (Not the case here but I have heard about this happening at a prominent school)

I had coaches who talked like that and worse and I was in Junior High school. They didn't pull my scholarship but he definitely kicked 4 of us off the team after we told him to go f$$%^ck himself at practice one day. It only took a couple of games of getting his butt kicked for all to be forgiven though. The guy was lit at half the practices and did dent his car by throwing footballs at it while having a tantrum one day. We definitely got a kick out of that. Just another fall day in 1969. Nature not nurture.

K5ogp.gif

the spoiled brat he was in concussion protocol at the time, and as mentioned, the son of the broadcaster Craig James. Leach picked on the wrong marine in that situation.

Craig James is NOT a snowflake.

Craig James IS a whiny bitch who allegedly killed 5 hookers, according to the internet rumors.

Fixed it for me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT