ADVERTISEMENT

If Colorado gets hammered again this week by USC, they could easily go winless the rest of the way.

CJFisJoePaII

Sep 6, 2019
The players psyche was clearly shattered this past Saturday - and they were clearly massively overconfident coming into Oregon game. They were, and clearly played like, they were utterly shell-shocked when they realized they were in deep-water, nowhere near shore.... nothing to keep them above water. They were shown early, and often, that they weren't the team they had been talked into believing they were by a media-fueled barrage brought on by their media/attention seeking coach... they drank their own cool-aide.... read their own press-clippings... etc... They were exposed as complete paper-tigers - that they are exactly what we thought they are.... a bad team with a new coach. Colorado is doubting themselves coming out of that game and it's only going to be reinforced by another beatdown to USC. They're in deep water now, much of it Sander's own doing - going to be interesting to see what happens here out, but there's a good chance Sanders loses this team (i.e., they downward spiral as the season continues.... it appears they have very few winnable games left on the schedule - Stanford & ASU - and those games will be coming off of two severe beatdowns likely).

• Haha
Reactions: zubrus1
The players psyche was clearly shattered this past Saturday - and they were clearly massively overconfident coming into Oregon game. They were, and clearly played like, they were utterly shell-shocked when they realized they were in deep-water, nowhere near shore.... nothing to keep them above water. They were shown early, and often, that they weren't the team they had been talked into believing they were by a media-fueled barrage brought on by their media/attention seeking coach... they drank their own cool-aide.... read their own press-clippings... etc... They were exposed as complete paper-tigers - that they are exactly what we thought they are.... a bad team with a new coach. Colorado is doubting themselves coming out of that game and it's only going to be reinforced by another beatdown to USC. They're in deep water now, much of it Sander's own doing - going to be interesting to see what happens here out, but there's a good chance Sanders loses this team (i.e., they downward spiral as the season continues.... it appears they have very few winnable games left on the schedule - Stanford & ASU - and those games will be coming off of two severe beatdowns likely).
Don't disagree with most of your post. However, Sanders brought in a lot of mid-grade to above-average talent. CU could compete with the middle of the B1G crowd and end up 6-6 or 7-5 or even 8-4 in something like the B1G west slate. I think the key to that team is how long before he gets bored and moves on to greener pastures and/or how long his buzz can last to pluck kids out of the portal and high schools who might have gone to Texas or other top schools.

I'm no gambler, but I think the oddsmakers are usually on point with their predictions for a reason. The line of 3.5 wins is menti9ned in the attached article and seemed almost optimistic this Summer.

The fact that the Buffs happened to win their first 3 probably has some bookmakers sweating. Realistically they have beaten 3 mediocre teams:

TCU is a Cinderella returning to earth

Nebraska is in the same boat as the Buffs

Colorado State is Little Brother that struggled at Middle Tennessee this weekend

So as the OP stated, ASU and Stanford are the best chances, and Stanford is realky bad right now. The Cardinal will be heading to Boulder after playing Oregon after also getting whooped by USC. Sanders team will be favored at home.

ASU showed some heart vs USC and will be at home again vs the Buffs. Both teams likely have depth issues so injuries could be the deciding factor.

Without the hype machine many would consider a 5 win season as a heckuva job....but in our Steven A Smith world of sycophant "experts" that put Sanders qb son as the #3 NFL prospect at his position after a few wins against average teams it will feel like they underachieved.

Admittedly, I am no Sanders fan and have watched to root against him. I was surprised at how much I liked the way his team has played. Their TE 87 is a stud, and I respect how they stay focused on the field, even after big plays, as part of their tempo offense.

Sanders is indeed changing the game, for better or worse is the question? Like Hollywood, I guess there is no such thing as bad PR anymore, unless you are Michigan State at the moment.I'm 58 and starting to feel like tbe old guys that I used to make fun of, but I don't like it.

watched some of that game. Colorado just not that good, does not have enough good players. One of the announcers even said (trying to be nice) well the first team is good but there really isn't any depth. Cannot bring in a whole team off the portal in one year and expect to be good. And all the other Pac 10 teams going to be lining up to take their shot at them. Expect multiple beat downs like Saturday.

I don't know how many super seniors Colorado brought in if any. But it's important to remember there is only one more cycle to get them in. That will change the portal dramatically.

What is laughable is the FOX Big Noon advertisement yesterday touting the Colorado vs USC as the biggest game of the year. Hype train is totally off the rails.
Colorado has about 5-6 excellent players: Sanders (QB), Hunter (outstanding two way player), Weaver (WR), Dominick (LBer), their Safety (forgot his name), and their TE (someone mentioned in another thread).
My son was in Colorado a few weeks ago and attended the CU vs CSU game. He said their lines (OL & DL) are really bad and he thought they would struggle to win 5 games.
They have to have a huge upgrade of lineman and depth if they are going to compete as they move into the Big XII.

Reactions: bison13 and psu00

I think too many people are lumping in the hype and bravado with the reality of Colorado’s roster.

Serious and knowledgeable fans never had any expectations for Colorado to win more than 4 games this year. So I would never refer to Colorado as a paper tiger. We knew before the season started the schedule would be brutal and they would struggle. This is not a surprise.

As a coach Sanders knows his team’s shortcomings and weaknesses. There is no cool-aide drinking or overconfidence in the team. As coach Sanders job is to use every legal psyche tactic to motivate his team to perform to their maximum level. I understand many may not like Sander’s style, but there is nothing wrong with the Intent of his approach.

The Colorado situation will take years to get the program to an acceptable competitive level. Sanders and reasonable people understand this. So, people should calm down and not overreact to a very predictable situation. This program is not in deep water. They are about where knowledgeable fans thought they would be.

Again Colorado winning even 4 games this year would be huge for that program. If we don't think the hype surrounding the 3-0 start was huge for them moving forward you're wrong. People are honestly overreacting to their loss that we all expected to be ugly (see the line) because they hate how he runs the program. Just like the media overreacted in the other way.

We beat Iowa just as soundly as Oregon beat Colorado. It's what top 10 teams should do to average teams.

GAME OF THE YEAR this Saturday in Boulder. FoxNoon Pregame there for 3rd time in 5 weeks. GAME OF THE YEAR. BTW, USC is a 27.5 favorite. Did I mention, GAME OF THE YEAR.

They should perform better this week as USC defense is their weak link. Buffs still lose by a lot, but I expect they will score a lot more this week.

I understand that their confidence and enthusiasm might be taking a hit but USC is the best team remaining on their schedule this year. In fact their next two games after USC are against teams with 1-3 records.

"Go winless the rest of the year"? Not likely. That's just as silly of a take as thinking they were going to win the MNC after beating TCU in game 1.

Colorado does not match up well against Oregon, USC, or Utah. But the rest of their games are likely to be competitive, and they will win some more this season. They do need to get Travis Hunter back, which I believe is supposed to happen after they play ASU in early October.

I'm not a big fan of the CU media hype train, but that program has made some significant strides this year.

USC will win easily, but their defense is mediocre, at best. I could see a final score of 42-23, or something similar.

"Go winless the rest of the year"? Not likely. That's just as silly of a take as thinking they were going to win the MNC after beating TCU in game 1.

Colorado does not match up well against Oregon, USC, or Utah. But the rest of their games are likely to be competitive, and they will win some more this season. They do need to get Travis Hunter back, which I believe is supposed to happen after they play ASU in early October.

I'm not a big fan of the CU media hype train, but that program has made some significant strides this year.

Oh give me a f'ing break - they beat CSU in Double OT.... whoop-Dee-doo! You do realize that CSU is 1-2 with their lone win coming against Middle Tennessee State - MTSU kept it within a single score 31-23. CSU's other loss was to Washington State - who utterly pounded them... but you and others claim they have a decent shot at Washington State???? UNL is a bad team and gave Colorado everything they wanted. There is zero evidence that Colorado is a mid-level P5 competitive team - they looked utterly putrid against Oregon.... and will likely look the same this week against USC. ASU is traditionally a decent school - guarantee they will have played USC better than Colorado does this week. How you think they have this huge advantage vs ASU is rather baffling.

• Haha
Reactions: Westcoast24
USC will win easily, but their defense is mediocre, at best. I could see a final score of 42-23, or something similar.

When your athletes are outclassed across the field - you make teams that have average defenses against the absolute best teams look like the 2nd coming of the Monsters of the Midway. Shadeur Sanders a good example.... looking like a Heisman Candidate versus awful teams like UNL and CSU didn't translate against Oregon, did it? Oregon is not a dominant defense - they gave up 30 points to Texas Tech (and struggled to beat TT 38-30) and TT is the only remotely decent team Oregon has played. The notion that USC's defense isn't every bit as good as Oregon's is flawed.... hugely flawed.

This is strange, some of you guys are as obsessed with Sanders and Colorado as I am with big breasted women. At some time in the future yours will no longer be entertaining or interesting. Not so for mine.

This is strange, some of you guys are as obsessed with Sanders and Colorado as I am with big breasted women. At some time in the future yours will no longer be entertaining or interesting. Not so for mine.
14f1z3.jpg

flag on the play.......

I think people are just desperately hoping Prime fails falsely believing that will prevent others from using the portal how he did.

When your athletes are outclassed across the field - you make teams that have average defenses against the absolute best teams look like the 2nd coming of the Monsters of the Midway. Shadeur Sanders a good example.... looking like a Heisman Candidate versus awful teams like UNL and CSU didn't translate against Oregon, did it? Oregon is not a dominant defense - they gave up 30 points to Texas Tech (and struggled to beat TT 38-30) and TT is the only remotely decent team Oregon has played. The notion that USC's defense isn't every bit as good as Oregon's is flawed.... hugely flawed.
You are quite a mind reader, Bushie.

You expect them to go winless. I expect them to win some games. We will see who is correct.

F6404iJWoAApB7m

Picked up. No foul.
Thank you for that. When I was initially flagged I immediately began searching for the proper “best breast reply”. Well you know how it goes. One pic led to another and then another and another. This led to paralysis by analysis.

• Haha
Reactions: lazydave841
I think people are just desperately hoping Prime fails falsely believing that will prevent others from using the portal how he did.
I think more teams will attempt the "Prime method" during this off season even if CU wins under five games.

Oh give me a f'ing break - they beat CSU in Double OT.... whoop-Dee-doo! You do realize that CSU is 1-2 with their lone win coming against Middle Tennessee State - MTSU kept it within a single score 31-23. CSU's other loss was to Washington State - who utterly pounded them... but you and others claim they have a decent shot at Washington State???? UNL is a bad team and gave Colorado everything they wanted. There is zero evidence that Colorado is a mid-level P5 competitive team - they looked utterly putrid against Oregon.... and will likely look the same this week against USC. ASU is traditionally a decent school - guarantee they will have played USC better than Colorado does this week. How you think they have this huge advantage vs ASU is rather baffling.
Why do you ask questions only to act like a child if someone doesn’t see it the same way as you? Cmon bushwood, you’re better than that.

Reactions: Eph97
No way is that garbage team the equivalent of mid level big 10 team.

I mean they pasted a bottom level big 10 team by 22. I'm not sure who outside of PSU/OSU/UM they wouldn't at least be able make it a game against... the mid level of the big 10 is incredibly mid.

They crushed Nebraska.

They'd beat NW, Minnesota, Indiana, MSU, Purdue, and Rutgers.

That leaves Iowa, Illinois, Maryland and Wisconsin as your "mid level"? Nothing about any of those teams is really any better than what Colorado is bringing IMO. I'm not saying they'd win the west but they're better than the bottom of the conference.

Reactions: auxgym
I mean they pasted a bottom level big 10 team by 22. I'm not sure who outside of PSU/OSU/UM they wouldn't at least be able make it a game against... the mid level of the big 10 is incredibly mid.

They crushed Nebraska.

They'd beat NW, Minnesota, Indiana, MSU, Purdue, and Rutgers.

That leaves Iowa, Illinois, Maryland and Wisconsin as your "mid level"? Nothing about any of those teams is really any better than what Colorado is bringing IMO. I'm not saying they'd win the west but they're better than the bottom of the conference.
Agreed. Colorado could contend in the Big Ten West this year. Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan would all beat them like Oregon did but we beat most Big Ten teams that way....see Iowa.

Goodness gracious u r a try hard hater. They won 1 game last year and now you're going hogwild because an Oregon team with NFL doods all over the D ans Oline totally controlled the game. Top Heaviness of the final year of the SEC and B1G and the Big 12 considered might be the strongest conference beyond top 2 or 3 teams...

Current score is 48-27. Is this the part where you act like a MAN, come back and say, “I’m sorry, Nittanychris, you were right and I was wrong.”?

Colorado is down 14 against a top 10 (at least 15) team without their best player who impacts their offense and defense by being out. They're not great but they're greatly improved in year 1. It's okay to accept that.

ESPN play-by-play shows it was 48-29 and that a TD and XPT made it 48-34. Can someone help me with how Colorado got negative one point on the XPT?

Just turned the game on. Man those are some ugly uniforms.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT