Carole King
Fela Kuti
LL Cool J
New York Dolls
Rage Against the Machine
Todd Rundgren
Tina Turner
Dionne Warwick

Go Gos should definitely go in. After watching the documentary I didn't realize how they broke the industry wide open for chick bands.

Tina Turner should already be in there as well as Carole King.

Todd Rundgren I don't know enough about.

The others, meh. I laugh at Jay-Z being nominated. I like Devo but they were a niche 80s band. Chaka-Kan was a one hit wonder.

I think the honor of getting into HOF is getting watered down and not as prestigious anymore. I think an act shoult have transcended generations, or did something cutting edge, or paved the way for other groups or some other innovation for their time to be able to get in.

Mary J. Blige
Kate Bush
Devo
Foo Fighters
The Go-Go’s
Iron Maiden
JAY-Z
Chaka Khan
Carole King
Fela Kuti
LL Cool J
New York Dolls
Rage Against the Machine
Todd Rundgren
Tina Turner
Dionne Warwick

As much as I love R&B, Hip Hop, and Rap, I think there should be a separate 'hall' to recognize those artists. I mean, Dionne Warwick and Mary J. Blige are big deals, but Rock & Roll? No. Or, just make this this 'Music Hall of Fame'. That said, it's a pretty solid class top to bottom. I think there are some bands who should or will be in one day (Rage), but not sure they're more deserving than a lot here.

My Vote

Foo Fighters
The Go Go's
Carole King
Todd Rundgren
Tina Turner

First two out....

Kate Bush
Devo

Who will get in....

Foo Fighters
Jay Z
LL Cool J
Carole King
Tina Turner

Where is The Weeknd? Must have been a typo.

source.gif

I don’t really know what the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is anymore. But if Jay Z and LL Cool J are worthy of being nominated for it, then they are no-brainers.
Of that list, I’d pick Foo Fighters and Rage.

As much as I love R&B, Hip Hop, and Rap, I think there should be a separate 'hall' to recognize those artists. I mean, Dionne Warwick and Mary J. Blige are big deals, but Rock & Roll? No. Or, just make this this 'Music Hall of Fame'. That said, it's a pretty solid class top to bottom. I think there are some bands who should or will be in one day (Rage), but not sure they're more deserving than a lot here.

My Vote

Foo Fighters
The Go Go's
Carole King
Todd Rundgren
Tina Turner

First two out....

Kate Bush
Devo

Who will get in....

Foo Fighters
Jay Z
LL Cool J
Carole King
Tina Turner

+100

yeah...no Pat Benatar is a head-scratcher....one reason because her lead guitarist/husband is from Cleveland.

Pretty sure Benatar was nominated in last year's class. I think her best argument 'for' is as one of the first female, solo 'rock' acts. She didn't sell a ton of records but has a long career and four Grammys, as well as a handful of notable hits.

Mary J. Blige
Kate Bush
Devo
Foo Fighters
The Go-Go’s
Iron Maiden
JAY-Z
Chaka Khan
Carole King
Fela Kuti
LL Cool J
New York Dolls
Rage Against the Machine
Todd Rundgren
Tina Turner
Dionne Warwick
Tina Turner and Dionne Warwick are the only ones deserving.

Pretty sure Benatar was nominated in last year's class. I think her best argument 'for' is as one of the first female, solo 'rock' acts. She didn't sell a ton of records but has a long career and four Grammys, as well as a handful of notable hits.
I just looked it up. She had 5 platinum albums, 2 multi-platinum albums, and had 15 top 40 singles. I don’t know if that’s a ton of records, but it seems like quite a few.

Last edited:
Mary J. Blige
Kate Bush
Devo
Foo Fighters
The Go-Go’s
Iron Maiden
JAY-Z
Chaka Khan
Carole King
Fela Kuti
LL Cool J
New York Dolls
Rage Against the Machine
Todd Rundgren
Tina Turner
Dionne Warwick

Carole King long over due. Great song writer! (Yesterday was her birthday)

Last edited:
Reactions: ChandlerPearce
Tapestry is 50 years old today.
I remember getting busted up in a wrestling meet, had to go to the hospital to get some stitches. The wrestling coach had his wife drive me to hospital. In her car's 8 track, Tapestry was playing. I remember 1) liking it, and 2) our family cars didn't have anything as sophisticated as an 8 track!

I just looked it up. She had 5 platinum albums, 2 multi-platinum albums, and had 15 top 40 singles. I don’t know if that’s a ton or records, but it seems like quite a few.

It's a solid career; but for those keeping track The Weeknd has 10 Top Ten singles and three platinum albums (out of the four he's released) and has been around about a decade. I think Benatar should be in though.

My Vote

Foo Fighters
The Go Go's
Carole King
Todd Rundgren
Tina Turner
First two out....

Kate Bush
Devo

Who will get in....

Foo Fighters
Jay Z
LL Cool J
Carole King
Tina Turner

I'm not a fan per se, but Iron Maiden should get in. They've been in the discussion of top metal bands for 35+ years and have been highly influential in their genre. IMHO, the only reason for keeping them out is not liking or respecting the type of music they play.

I enjoyed DEVO back in the day and thought their SNL appearance was great. On the other hand, their run was fairly short and I don't know that they were all that influential. I just don't think they left that much of a mark beyond their own uniqueness.

Quick RR HOF trivia question: Who is the only person to have been inducted three times ?

Chaka-Kan was a one hit wonder.
Huh? She’s been around for five decades...she’s won 10 Grammys, sold 70 million records, she’s won two career achievement awards. She’s not called the Queen of Funk because of one song. She’s probably more qualified to be in the HOF than almost anyone else on the list....assuming funk artists should be in the Rock N Roll HOF. If you don’t, that’s a different argument, but she’s far from a one hit wonder.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT