ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 2020 Rock n Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

Agree, VH was just the first one that popped into my head.
I love that record too. The other day I was discussing the first Van Halen record with a work colleague. It's such a great first album. I'm listening to "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love" right now. Eddie's guitar work on that song is genius.

• Pat Benatar
  • Dave Matthews Band
  • Depeche Mode
  • The Doobie Brothers
  • Whitney Houston
  • Judas Priest
  • Kraftwerk
  • MC5
  • Motörhead
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • The Notorious B.I.G.
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Soundgarden
  • T. Rex
  • Thin Lizzy

Motorhead: the RnR HoF isn’t good enough for them ...

Best quote ever: “if Motorhead moved in next door to you- your lawn would die

- Lemmy Kilmister

I love that record too. The other day I was discussing the first Van Halen record with a work colleague. It's such a great first album. I'm listening to "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love" right now. Eddie's guitar work on that song is genius.

GNR - Appetite for Destruction. Not a single dud on that album (for your consideration).

Reactions: mn78psu83
No Carol Kaye and no Glen Campbell nominations yet again. They sure played on a lot of great records - especially Carol. Why isn't the whole Clique - or Wrecking Crew put in as a group?

It's hard for me to understand. They were the ones who actually played all the music, and many times weren't even credited on so much as a record jacket, while many of the ones who didn't play the music are in the rrhof.

• Pat Benatar
  • Dave Matthews Band
  • Depeche Mode
  • The Doobie Brothers
  • Whitney Houston
  • Judas Priest
  • Kraftwerk
  • MC5
  • Motörhead
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • The Notorious B.I.G.
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Soundgarden
  • T. Rex
  • Thin Lizzy

Hard to believe the Doobie Brothers are not already in. They dominated for a good stretch of the 70's.....

I'm the One - another example of EVH's genius on VH1.

Reactions: mn78psu83
What rock and roll band had 10 platinum and13 gold records, sold 25 million records, was in heavy rotation on ‘70s radio and is not in the RRHOF?

If you answered Grand Funk Railroad you would be correct.

Reactions: BriarwoodBash
Todd Rundgren should have been inducted years ago.

Last evening my wife and I joined another couple for dinner at a nice local establishment called Stubby's down in Lancaster. Excellent cheesesteaks, stromboli, and pierogis. Todd Rundgren was on the very nice playlist they had going.

The guy was really at the top of his game in the early 70's when we were in school. I understand he became a top producer. The guy has an amazing range. How could the same man write Hello It's Me, We Gotta Get You A Woman, and Bang the Drum All Day?

He is from Philly, but he is also a music professor at Notre Dame! Despite those two things he deserves in the Hall.

Pat Benatar deserves in too. In 1978 I saw her perform at The Decade next to the Pitt campus, where I was going to grad school. She was tiny. No more than 5 feet tall and 90 lbs. What a voice! She deserves in.

The Doobie Brothers? Hell yes, they deserve in.

Dave Matthews band? If you like background music at coffee shops you can put them in. Otherwise, I will pass.

• Pat Benatar
  • Dave Matthews Band
  • Depeche Mode
  • The Doobie Brothers
  • Whitney Houston
  • Judas Priest
  • Kraftwerk
  • MC5
  • Motörhead
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • The Notorious B.I.G.
  • Todd Rundgren
  • Soundgarden
  • T. Rex
  • Thin Lizzy

The Rock Hall of Fame is one of the best museums I have ever been to. My kids even loved the place, and they hate Dad's museum tours.

Reactions: TheGLOV
The Notorious B.I.G. - the greatest debut album of all time

Ready_To_Die.jpg
Never heard of him.

Reactions: TheGLOV
The Rock Hall of Fame is one of the best museums I have ever been to. My kids even loved the place, and they hate Dad's museum tours.

I really like it as well. People have complained on here before that it's nothing but a bunch of costumes. Sure, if you also choose books based on the pictures. I found reading through the history and each person's contributions to be interesting as well.

Of course, nothing else I've been to compares to the WWII museum in New Orleans.

I'll throw another name out there of a group that should already be in the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame.
Cliff Richard and The Shadows.
Just about every British Invasion band started out covering Shadows songs before they started writing their own material.

Reactions: PSU Dave
What rock and roll band had 10 platinum and13 gold records, sold 25 million records, was in heavy rotation on ‘70s radio and is not in the RRHOF?

I was just going to post about GFR.

Connie Hamzy is likely to get in before GFR gets in. :cool:

Dave Matthews Band is the first group to have 7 consecutive albums debut at number 1 on the Billboard chart. I'd say they're a lock to go in right away.

Reactions: Lionguy32
What?

No Emerson Lake and Palmer?
No Jethro Tull?
No King Crimson?

Wow!

I guess musical talent and ground breaking instrumental brilliance has no bearing on the nominees.

What?

No Emerson Lake and Palmer?
No Jethro Tull?
No King Crimson?

Wow!

I guess musical talent and ground breaking instrumental brilliance has no bearing on the nominees.

You will sometimes see these folks get in via the 'Award for Musical Excellence' category; like Niles Rodgers in 2017.

Here's an idea for next year's nominations - Bob Welch. Since Christine McVie took it upon herself to see that he was excluded from all the Fleetwood Mac rrhof ceremonies (before his eventual suicide), frankly Bob deserves to be in. Here's Christine doing what she did best - backing up Bob Welch:

Fan voting runs through Jan. 10, 2020.

The current standings (10/30) of the fan voting are:

1. Pat Benatar
2. The Doobie Brothers
3. Soundgarden
4. Dave Matthews Band
5. Judas Priest
6. Depeche Mode
7. Whitney Houston
8. Motorhead
9. Thin Lizzy
10. Nine Inch Nails
11. Todd Rundgren
12. The Notorious B.I.G.
13. T. Rex
14. Kraftwerk
15. Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
16. MC5

Fan voting runs through Jan. 10, 2020.

The current standings (10/30) of the fan voting are:

1. Pat Benatar
2. The Doobie Brothers
3. Soundgarden
4. Dave Matthews Band
5. Judas Priest
6. Depeche Mode
7. Whitney Houston
8. Motorhead
9. Thin Lizzy
10. Nine Inch Nails
11. Todd Rundgren
12. The Notorious B.I.G.
13. T. Rex
14. Kraftwerk
15. Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
16. MC5

So many worthy candidates. Still, I cannot understand how Gambits Grandma Garage Group (a/k/a The Uproarious 4 G) was not nominated. They'd knock the socks off Rufus, with, or without, Chaka Khan. :)
old-ladies-in-a-rock-band.jpg

Just a reminder that voting continues through Jan. 10, 2020

The current standings of the fan voting are:

1. Dave Matthews Band
2. Pat Benatar
3. The Doobie Brothers
4. Soundgarden
5. Judas Priest
6. Whitney Houston
7. Depeche Mode
8. Thin Lizzy
9. Motorhead