ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Olympic Trials Results and discussion thread

Sorry if already asked......but who is the person broadcasting on the internet feed? John Smith is excellent but I'm enjoying this guy as well. I'm so used to Gibbons and Sparks on Big 10

Reactions: diggerpup
I thought he looked huge last night and that just confirmed it to me even more. He’s huge. Haven’t seen that crazy offensive output either. Could be he’s just trying to peak at the Olympics.

Love seeing these matchups. Still pissed Cox doesn’t own a watch that works amd bummed for SLee

Gable could with the whole damn thing. There are two stud HWs and damn they are getting up there in age but are still dominating lol.
Steveson is a freaking animal how can't he win it all

Still say the Gable of right now is the best HW in US history. Shame he won’t be a multi time world champ and Olympic medalist. Only 20 years old?! He’d still be redshirting at some schools lol. Jkjk

I’m mentally challenged again. I’m streaming NBC sports app and the Mat 2 stream isn’t Mat 2. It’s the main NBC feed which changes mats.

Where is the steady Mat 2?

Again I say, thank you to ESPN for showing how easy this is. No need to complicate with multiple apps, NBC.....
Stream.nbcsports.com allows you to pull up any of the 3 mats.

Still say the Gable of right now is the best HW in US history. Shame he won’t be a multi time world champ and Olympic medalist. Only 20 years old?! He’d still be redshirting at some schools lol. Jkjk

funny stuff, Curtis.

Wow, a debacle at 77kg. Both corners had the criterion wrong, so the winner thought he lost and the loser thought he won. Neither guy played the right strategy in the final 30.
That was really bad.

Ending to Porter Walsh (Greco) was a bit of a disaster, Porter thought he was winning on criteria but was actually losing, and did lose, 7-7. Went ballistic. Coach threw the brick but it was the coach's fault, I guess, that his wrestler thought he was ahead. Ouch.

Reactions: Hotshoe
WTF dude?

As a collegiate baseball pitcher high School football player high School wrestler, and recreational golfer who knows nothing about operating at the elite level I certainly had my good and bad days despite the preparation, times when I just didn't don't have it.

No matter the training, the diet, the the mental preparation, there are times when you're in the zone and times when it all doesn't come together and you're not in the zone.

Zane is training at the best room in the country bar none. I think Nick Lee coming off a national championship and was in the zone. The kid is amazing and in my wildest dreams I did would not have seen him taking out Zain in freestyle at this stage in his career.

I think Nick's on a high and Zain for whatever reason didn't seem to be as Zain like this weekend as most.

Not to take anything away from Nick's wins at all, but I think it's fair to say it's likely both Zain and Yianni lost a little steam after disappointing losses in the semis. Both were expecting to be in the Final. I know it's their responsibility to get back up to compete in the consolations, and both have done so many times in the past. But that doesn't mean their focus or intensity wasn't slightly off.

Yeah the commentator (who is very good) on mat 3 recognized what was going on - and NEITHER coach did - he said if you can’t do that as a coach at this level, then you shouldn’t be coaching. Said “that will be a LONG plane ride home for those two”.

Not to take anything away from Nick's wins at all, but I think it's fair to say it's likely both Zain and Yianni lost a little steam after disappointing losses in the semis. Both were expecting to be in the Final. I know it's their responsibility to get back up to compete in the consolations, and both have done so many times in the past. But that doesn't mean their focus or intensity wasn't slightly off.
Did Nick lose some steam after losing the Oliver? Just wondering if that is fair to say also?

Here are the remaining matches on Mat 2 (TV)

M 76kg Burroughs v Dake II
W 53kg Winchester v Heaton II
M 97kg Snyder v Moore II
W 57kg Burkert v Maroulis II
M 57kg Arujau v Gilman II
W 76kg Gray v Welker II
M 86kg Nickal v Taylor II

Here are the remining matches on Mat 3 (NBC Sports App)

G 67kg Sancho v Coleman II
G 97kg Hancock v Amos II
W 62kg Miracle v Kilty II
G 60kg Hafizov v Mango II
G 87kg Rau v Stefanowicz II
M 65kg Oliver v McKenna II
W 50kg Hilderbrandt v Anthony II

John Smith trying to put a happy face on this match but they're not doing a lot of wrestling at all. Both guys should've been on the clock already.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT