ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU -Wisconsin Game Thread

Reactions: step.eng69
This game has brought the season in to better focus:
  • Defense is improving though tackling skill is still an issue. Should be much better next year. Don't see any returning players that could stand in the way.
  • Offense continues to have no identity -- a grab bag. Rhythm, or lack thereof, is a big factor.
  • We have good running backs and some good receivers. They just didn't play much the first half of the year, probably redshirt confusion. Shorter retains his redshirt and is good for the duration.
  • The Lion Position isn't helping Tommy Stevens, nor is it helping the team. I'm thinking this is a repetition / practice time issue which manifests itself in a loss of momentum during games.
Would be nice if our OC would take a page from the past. Start the year simple and grow the offense as the season progresses. Each week add a slight variation in the plays and formations based on the opponent. The #1 and #2 QBs practice the same way and can deliver the same plays in a growing, cohesive playbook.

Why - in a run out the clock situation - do you have a formation and play call with a Chinese Fire Drill going on in backfield?

I was thinking more Monty Python's "Upper Class Twit of the Year", but I cannot argue with your assessment.....

Am wondering when the PC crew shows up though....

Ugly, nail-biting win, but I’ll take it. I was hoping to see what Stevens could do with the starters but didn’t learn much other than he’s not as elusive against the rush as Trace.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Ugly, nail-biting win, but I’ll take it. I was hoping to see what Stevens could do with the starters but didn’t learn much other than he’s not as elusive against the rush as Trace.

I don't think that is a fair assessment at all.

Give him the same number of snaps over the year {with the first team} then perhaps we'll know.

Here's a thought. Let's make Trace practice at WR, TE, RB, and QB during the week. We'll limit his plays to a few per game, and call him in cold at random. But before we do that, let's erase 3 years of memory, then see how he does sensing the rush.

Again, why?
Unless you have open field in front of you and you intend/want to make a return, for field position’s sake you knock the ball down. Say we had another Chinese fire drill fumble on the next play — would you rather that happen inside our ten or out around the 30?

Unless you have open field in front of you and you intend/want to make a return, for field position’s sake you knock the ball down. Say we had another Chinese fire drill fumble on the next play — would you rather that happen inside our ten or out around the 30?
Since we’re dealing with outlandish hypotheticals, what if he deflects it and it takes a bad deflection and lands in the arms of a receiver for a TD?

omar go to bed

Reactions: grinagrin
If Rahne and Farmer missed the bus........ that is a 40+ to 0 shutout.

Wisconsin is a very, very, very flawed team.

But PSU nearly allowed Rahne and Farmer to keep them in it.
Man, You R an ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this was covered but I just got back from the game. Why did CJF run down the sideline to a ref after the short Wisc punt that went out of bounds in the 2nd half? There were no flags on the play. Did Wisc hold and it wasn't called?

I see a lot of try-hards and wannabes on this board as well.

_5S3eP.gif

Apologies in advance because I'm not reading through 800+ posts, but.....

If anyone said either of these things:

"ONE EFFING QB ON THE FIELD AT A TIME!"

-or-

"STOP CALLING THE @!#$%^& &*$%#@ DESIGNED QB DRAWS, YOU %$>×/$&#! IMBECILES!"

.....consider your posts "liked."

there was nothing wrong with that snap. Sanders was not supposed to be where he was when the ball was snapped, only question is was it Stevens or Sanders fault
I think if you watch the play, sanders purposely came in motion and was where he was supposed to be. Snap and/or timing was bad
Sorry if this was covered but I just got back from the game. Why did CJF run down the sideline to a ref after the short Wisc punt that went out of bounds in the 2nd half? There were no flags on the play. Did Wisc hold and it wasn't called?
you couldn’t tell on tv. I rewatched it at the time and you weren’t able to tell from the shot

Reactions: PearlSUJam
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT