ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU -Wisconsin Game Thread

To the 'a W is a W' crowd... I get it. I'm very thankful for it and proud of the team, as I'm sure the rest of our fans are.. but we're trying to be realistic about the trajectory of the program (we love PSU and want them to be good for the future), not just this game. Do you keep track of the balance in your checking account or are you just excited when a check gets cashed? Perspective I guess...

Whatbdifference did it make, oh Mr. Football God? If he knocked it down, we would have taken a knee. If he intercepted it, he got the interception and we took a knee. How is that basic football? If we needed to score again, then yes, he should have knocked it down for better field position, but we didn’t need field position. I love guys that spout off like they are all knowing but there’s no basis in reality for their argument.
if we needed to score he still should have caught it, as he may well have taken it to the end zone

Reactions: step.eng69
If Sanders doesn't screw up the snap, Stevens probably takes a knee.
He wouldn’t have taken a knee...it was second down and Wiscy had a timeout left. We would have had to punt and the potential for a blocked punt is very probable. I’m quite certain we would have tried to gain yards and get them to burn their last timeout.

So you are saying PSU should retire those numbers?
Polk and Johnson have been very disappointing. Polk really has been awful.Johnson at least has had one good year but Polk has done pretty much nothing. Our young wideouts are fantastic along with the TE.

He wouldn’t have taken a knee...it was second down and Wiscy had a timeout left. We would have had to punt and the potential for a blocked punt is very probable. I’m quite certain we would have tried to gain yards and get them to burn their last timeout.
Wasn't it 1st down?

Scott was lucky.....very lucky.....the ball was thrown behind the receiver because a good or decent throw and it’s a TD.

That’s possible as well. Bottom line, when you get a chance at a turnover, you take it...it’s in a player’s nature and to second guess it is ridiculous.
A bit ironic that for all the flak the defense has received for lack of turnovers and dropped interception attempts, there's now criticism that the defense DIDN'T drop the INT

Watched the game with a fairly big Penn State club crowd today. Everybody could not believe the horrible offensive play calling today and now believes that the Rahne era needs to end. The 2 QB formation has got to be given the heave-ho as it results in negative yardage nearly every time and doesn’t fool anyone. The stupid Chinese fire drill call near the end of the game made it appear Penn State was trying their darndest to hand a victory to Wisconsin. Did Rahne have money riding on an over under or Wisconsin victory? Because it sure looked like it.

To the 'a W is a W' crowd... I get it. I'm very thankful for it and proud of the team, as I'm sure the rest of our fans are.. but we're trying to be realistic about the trajectory of the program (we love PSU and want them to be good for the future), not just this game. Do you keep track of the balance in your checking account or are you just excited when a check gets cashed? Perspective I guess...

Neither. BTW- What’s a check?

ADVERTISEMENT