ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Rutgers game thread

Joe also didn’t talk the big game JF does. The dominate the region, elite, championship talk squarely set himself up for the expectations that HE set HIMSELF
Perhaps you forget Paterno saying he wouldn’t leave college football to the likes of Jackie Sherrill and Barry Switzer. His brother, George, criticized his sanctimonious comments more than once. Joe ran his mouth quite a bit.

Poor effort. Still, a 3 TD win with Rutgers not scoring a TD. The Rose Bowl still in sight.

Rutgers won total yards, had no turnovers, more first downs, and won TOP...and still lost the game. Final score made the win look a lot better than it was. That last TD might have saved Rose Bowl hopes.

Reactions: PSUoh90
I'm utterly astounded at your abject stupidity. I'm NEVER at a loss for words.

Sure. Except when you were before. And are now. The rest of us will keep watching a tremendously successful program, which we hope will fix some issues and become even more successful, while you continue on your trip through crazy town, crying that everything is the worstest everest. And the end is nigh.

Perhaps you forget Paterno saying he wouldn’t leave college football to the likes of Jackie Sherrill and Barry Switzer. His brother, George, criticized his sanctimonious comments more than once. Joe ran his mouth quite a bit.

that was an off the record comment that a "journalist" did not honor

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
Rutgers won total yards, had no turnovers, more first downs, and won TOP...and still lost the game. Final score made the win look a lot better than it was. That last TD might have saved Rose Bowl hopes.

Um, did you miss the turnover on the kickoff?

No turnovers?

Sure. Except when you were before. And are now. The rest of us will keep watching a tremendously successful program, which we hope will fix some issues and become even more successful, while you continue on your trip through crazy town, crying that everything is the worstest everest. And the end is nigh.
Not like the days when Joe ran the program and we won every game and beat every bad team by 50 and won a NC every other year. You remember those years right?

They did have one turnover at the end, and a useless holding call against them at the end, but before that they had no turnovers, one minor penalty, and played almost mistake free...tough to blow a team out that does that.

Didn’t see anyone mention it, but I thought Slate had a couple of nice runs (before they ran him up the middle inside the 10).

Reactions: psu2016
I'll try to withhold final judgment on Ricky Rahne maybe till the bowl game.

But it's undeniable that the gap between Ohio State's and Penn State's offense is the size of the Grand Canyon right now, and it's not all talent. The boys in Columbus are getting state of the art offensive coaching right now and the boys in State College are not.

PSU's passing game has ranged from mediocre to dreadful for the second year in a row. Different quarterbacks. Different groups of talented receivers. Different receivers coach -- the one this year being highly regarded with a record of success in other places. The only thing in common between the two years is the offensive coordinator.

If it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, quacks like a duck ....

Remember play calling is just the most obvious thing the offensive coordinator does. But the most IMPORTANT thing the offensive coordinator does is come up with schemes that the players can run, and then work with the position coaches to train players to run it. Offensive player development has been VERY disappointing this year, and the offense really isn't much better than it was at the start of the season. Contrast that to Michigan which was really struggling with a new system in the early games but has now got a pretty potent offense for the first time in many years.

Right now, the choice of Rahne over Gattis doesn't look like the right choice. Don't know what Franklin can do about it, but he should at least be giving serious consideration to a change, as painful as it would be. This offense has not played anywhere close to its talent level, and most importantly, it hasn't really improved much as the season's gone along.

I’m tired of hearing that bullshit too. I saw a lot of Joe hating in this thread too. Joe would have put up 42 puts running it down their throats. This team isn’t capable of that. This team is 2-9 and we can’t establish a consistent running game 4 and 5 star running backs. OC and line coach MUST GO. And scheme needs re evaluated.
See Rutgers 1988...I was at that game....pathetic.

I'll try to withhold final judgment on Ricky Rahne maybe till the bowl game.

But it's undeniable that the gap between Ohio State's and Penn State's offense is the size of the Grand Canyon right now, and it's not all talent. The boys in Columbus are getting state of the art offensive coaching right now and the boys in State College are not.

PSU's passing game has ranged from mediocre to dreadful for the second year in a row. Different quarterbacks. Different groups of talented receivers. Different receivers coach -- the one this year being highly regarded with a record of success in other places. The only thing in common between the two years is the offensive coordinator.

If it looks like a duck, smells like a duck, quacks like a duck ....

Remember play calling is just the most obvious thing the offensive coordinator does. But the most IMPORTANT thing the offensive coordinator does is come up with schemes that the players can run, and then work with the position coaches to train players to run it. Offensive player development has been VERY disappointing this year, and the offense really isn't much better than it was at the start of the season. Contrast that to Michigan which was really struggling with a new system in the early games but has now got a pretty potent offense for the first time in many years.

Right now, the choice of Rahne over Gattis doesn't look like the right choice.

what could he possibly show you in the bowl game that would outweigh what he’s shown the previous 12 games?

Me too. That was right up there with seeing PSU physically manhandled by Toledo in 2000 and the Indiana debacle during O'Brien's tenure.
But according to some we can understand O’Brien’s team struggling, but Joe’s teams would never have a bad game like today and would always impose their will on lesser teams.

Reactions: mn78psu83
that was an off the record comment that a "journalist" did not honor
And when given the opportunity to walk it back and apologize he only apologized to Switzer. It seems he made up with Sherrill later in life

I don’t get this teams inability to get over losses to Ohio state. Three years in a row now. They probably lose today against any other team in the conference with that performance.

what could he possibly show you in the bowl game that would outweigh what he’s shown the previous 12 games?

Its easy.... Our lines have not been good for the last couple years.... Limegrover has been here a while. We are great against.. Idaho... Dominated by good teams

Rahne... what is our offensive scheme... 5 long passes a game.. .that is not a scheme strategy or whatever. Again..against good teams... shits the bed.... against average teams... shits the bed... with better talent. Our passing game is a cluster....

Pry... shits pants against good teams... tons and tons of talent... and average QBs are John Elway... see OSu, MSU, Minny.... bowl games... we coulld not stop Rutgers..

That is how you fire people

Really? You think a post like that is acceptable? After all the other negative stuff you've posted today.

I'll be as clear as possible. I rarely give warnings, but I'll make an exception here. I never give 2nd warnings.

If you post like this again, you will be banned.
If you continue to antagonize other posters, you will be banned.
I'm tired of having to deal with your posts. You either change them in the future, or you will be gone. You certainly are not worth all the effort you are causing the monitors and me.

My last words on the subject. The ball is in your court.
Really? You think a post like that is acceptable? After all the other negative stuff you've posted today.

I'll be as clear as possible. I rarely give warnings, but I'll make an exception here. I never give 2nd warnings.

If you post like this again, you will be banned.
If you continue to antagonize other posters, you will be banned.
I'm tired of having to deal with your posts. You either change them in the future, or you will be gone. You certainly are not worth all the effort you are causing the monitors and me.

My last words on the subject. The ball is in your court.

I would suggest you observe how others have baited me continuously for having a differing opinion.
I have used no words that were not used towards me first. I have never initiated an attack on any poster, just responded to vile attacks on me. It's all there in black and white if you're interested.
I would expect that those who have used every form of ad hominem and name calling attacks against me first and without cause but for a differing opinion to be likewise reprimanded too. But that would require fairness so we'll see. Maybe I should go back and click the report button at 20 times on just today's posts alone but I'm not really a pansy and won't use that button or the ignore button either. If others are allowed to antagonize me without repercussion, sobeit, you're the boss. From now on I will treat all those who antagonize me with super soft kid gloves as snowflakes cuddled up in their sanctuary safe place. Nothing
but warm and fuzzy strokes for these precious folks.

Nice interview with CJF by Jones & Ham on the radio network. He, his wife, and his 2 girls are hoping in a car tomorrow to go to the NY Giants game, and he'll be out on the road recruiting after that.

Recruiting for whom?

:eek:

Its easy.... Our lines have not been good for the last couple years.... Limegrover has been here a while. We are great against.. Idaho... Dominated by good teams

Rahne... what is our offensive scheme... 5 long passes a game.. .that is not a scheme strategy or whatever. Again..against good teams... shits the bed.... against average teams... shits the bed... with better talent. Our passing game is a cluster....

Pry... shits pants against good teams... tons and tons of talent... and average QBs are John Elway... see OSu, MSU, Minny.... bowl games... we coulld not stop Rutgers..

That is how you fire people
According to you, this sounds like a losing record team, not a 10 wins team. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT