ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Ohio State game thread

I see the game thread is a cesspool of negativity as usual. Team is playing their a** off and most posters can’t find anything positive to post. Won’t miss this board at all
It’s because their coach continues to put them in horrible positions with his decisions. Going 90 vs going 50 is a huge difference!

Reactions: johnmpsu and bdgan
You’re still in this game!! The OC needs to improve on the play calling and the WR’s need to run cleaner routes.

That’s what I was wondering.
Once again, not a loss of down as in it went from first down to third down. But, a loss of down as in the penalty flag did not result in a repeat of first down. Instead it just becomes the next down, in my hypothetical that would be second down. It is correct.

Typically, a flag during a play results in a repeat of the down. This one does not, so that is technically a loss of down

Just noticed that Levis has had 3 INTs so far - Kentucky being taken behind the woodshed by Mississippi State

I mean today.
Well, Clempson did win today over Florida State. They are 5-3.

Penn State is on the way to an L in Columbus (D just can’t hold out all game). That will make Penn St 5-3.

So, if I had a choice today, I’d take the 5-3 team with 2 recent national titles. ;)

Question - will PSU's offense ADJUST to the Buckeye pressure in the second half? Yes or no? If yes they have a chance, if not they have no chance. The 1st drive by PSU in the 2nd half will give us the answer.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
I think the negativity comes from hanging with a team like OSU when we lost to Illinois last week. That loss just should never happen for a good team.

Hope I’m wrong but gut feeling says the defense will have a difficult time playing the 2nd half as good as the 1st half was. Glad Pry wasn’t as big of a f-up as Franklin.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Looked up illegal touching penalty. In the NFL it’s 5 yards and loss of down. In the NCAA it is supposed to just be a 5 yard penalty according to the source I found.

Reactions: TheGLOV
PSU could conceivably win this game, if they can put together a scoring drive after the half. But it is a long shot
True and I’ll gladly admit I was wrong if they do……. but I just don’t see it happening.

OSU made adjustments and shut down the PSU O. PSU didn’t adjust at all and then gave up a TD on a fumble.

The D has been great but we’ve all seen this play before. Once again it’ll be multiple post game posts on how the team had a chance but the D was on the field too much and got tired.

Last edited:
PSU has wildly exceeded my expectations so far in this game. Having said that, I am still sure PSU loses by a couple of scores. Having said that, this performance so far has me more hopeful about the rest if the season - I was thinking 7 wins was the ceiling after last week.

Reactions: psu2016
Same old same old. The whiny bunch.
Has Franklin unsuccessfully gone for it on his side of the 50 yd line recently? I've been busy preparing dinner.

If you were as big of a fan as you claim, you'd be in Columbus, but no.... the best you can do is complain about posters who happen to point out the obvious.

Which is the bigger fraud...Franklin or fans like you? 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
I think the negativity comes from hanging with a team like OSU when we lost to Illinois last week. That loss just should never happen for a good team.
As I posted before, poor line play makes a team vulnerable to upset despite significant advantages at other positions.

Reactions: grinagrin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT