ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Ohio State game thread

O$U is exploiting Penn State’s weakness on offense. They have not been able to handle the blitz all season and it continues to be a major problem.

Sorry guys. I checked the score expecting us to be getting taken to the woodshed and found we were actually ahead. I turned the game on and Ohio State scored 14 just like that.

They’re behind but they played hard. Still anyone’s game.

I guess I need to give up on the idea that I will ever see a dominate Penn State OL again in my lifetime.

Reactions: Grass
Best can be said about that half, "it could've been worse."
Defense has played great. Except for stupid penalties. Offense is better than expected. They’re moving the ball a lot better than OSU. come out after half with the ball… who knows?!!!
I MAY have to turn to Braves game if I’m wrong😎

So proud of Sean and Defense— playing like men. Outgained OSU 209-189 in half!! OSU lucky to get that fumble score. Our Defense feels it and may put down hammer in second half!! OSU is a great team and that’s what makes todays effort worth drinking more beers at halftime.

Even though the scoreboard says 17-10, I feel like they're down at least 2 TD's. Maybe it's the PTSD of playing horrible games in the Shoe over the years but just doesn't feel like they're in the game. Gotta play perfect games to beat OSU and the two turnovers plus the constant reliance on zone coverage on D has cost them so far. I wish Clifford would just step up in the pocket one step and then he could avoid those ends crashing around the corner. We're lucky that the refs have decided to ignore holding on our offensive line.

They’re behind but they played hard. Still anyone’s game.

I guess I need to give up on the idea that I will ever see a dominate Penn State OL again in my lifetime.
You need ‘94 video tapes. I still have the whole season, but no way to play them.

Reactions: paws1957
Even though the scoreboard says 17-10, I feel like they're down at least 2 TD's. Maybe it's the PTSD of playing horrible games in the Shoe over the years but just doesn't feel like they're in the game. Gotta play perfect games to beat OSU and the two turnovers plus the constant reliance on zone coverage on D has cost them so far. I wish Clifford would just step up in the pocket one step and then he could avoid those ends crashing around the corner. We're lucky that the refs have decided to ignore holding on our offensive line.
Clifford looks better but he's still reluctant to step up in the pocket or run.

Thought the same thing
Once again, not a loss of down as in it went from first down to third down. But, a loss of down as in the penalty flag did not result in a repeat of first down. Instead it just becomes the next down, in my hypothetical that would be second down. It is correct

Wrong, in that situation, because the receiver voluntarily went to a slide, the receiver must maintain possession through complete contact with ground - even if he goes OB. Must maintain possession all the way through contact with ground.
He was ON THE GROUND as he caught it. It is like when a player slides at the end of a run. Can a defender then dive into him without penalty repercussion? Especially diving onto the back of the helmet!

Reactions: lbujoe33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT