ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Nebraska Game Thread

Anyone else see what our receivers did on that 3rd down call? Was it supposed to be a QB draw? All of them just stopped and did nothing. There was no chance even if Levis did not go down.
Looked like a designed run to me. No idea why you’d call that on 3rd down. The entire playbook was open to them on 1st and 2nd and they called two stupid heaves to the EZ

Anyone else see what our receivers did on that 3rd down call? Was it supposed to be a QB draw? All of them just stopped and did nothing. There was no chance even if Levis did not go down.
Yes I’m sure it was. Probably why the pocket collapsed. Lousy job disguising it

Well a long way to go, but at least they showed a pulse. Levis has to be the starter going forward. This game would likely have been a win had he started. Still need to find a first half defensive coordinator.

Reactions: psu00
Never going under center on short yardage.
No pass patterns other than fades and dinks in red zone.
We had plenty of time to actually run a few times, but run garbage pass routes.
THIS OFFENSIVE SYSTEM AND COACHING IS 1 OF THE WORST IN P5 FOOTBALL.

Reactions: Grass and psu00
Yes. Bad red zone play calling and execution was an issue. But this loss is squarely on the shoulder of the head coach once again.

Clifford shouldn’t have started. And he definitely should not have gone back in after that interception

What a colossal waste of 3 hours. 0-5 cuz there’s zero chance Iowa will lose to this lackluster crew.

The playcalling in the red zone on the last two possessions should get someone fired. If you know you’re going all four downs, how about you call plays to gain a few yards on the first couple? And why the 5% chance fade routes? What happened to Lee and a running play or two? Oh, and how much does PSU win by if Franklin wasn’t the last person on Earth to recognize Clifford isn’t the answer (and Levis starts instead of inheriting a huge deficit)?

Last edited:
A few bright spots anyway. D was much improved 2nd half and O moved the ball, just stalled out in red zone. Iowa next week will be tough.

Reactions: LionDeNittany
I can accept a loss when the team fights.
Hated our red zone play calling at the end. We need to run them over when they are on their heels.

Clifford handed them 14 points. He is done at PSU. I wish him well in the portal.

LdN

Anyone else see what our receivers did on that 3rd down call? Was it supposed to be a QB draw? All of them just stopped and did nothing. There was no chance even if Levis did not go down. 87 and 3 were just standing there together at the goal line not even attempting to block, if that's what they were supposed to do.
It certainly looked like a called QB draw

We could have won this game. The shit start obviously killed us.

Another repeated issue under Franklin- giving up 2+ quarters a game until the team starts to play. It’s been an issue for years. In the past talent was able to overcome it, but clearly not this year.

It is a big question about the coaching that the team never comes out prepared to play.

Reactions: Grass
With a good QB I think our future is bright
any incoming freshman good enough?

Yep..needed to go to a “hot read” there to burn it. I really thought that was pass interference on the earlier play in the endzone
Oh, it was definitely interference. Once again, the Big Ten refs show their gutlessness. That said, how disappointing is this OC.

Reactions: BFPSU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT