ADVERTISEMENT

Official PSU - Illini 2020 Game Thread

Apparently Day is just as bad...he handed off with a lead and a minute and a half left in the game and a minute left....he just had to take two knees to win and he didn’t....must be the second worst you’ve ever seen.
Day cannot be second, Franklin has 1st through 7th place locked up tight and has an advantage over all contenders for the next four places.

Reactions: psu00
Wonder why CJF didn't let Wade return the next 2 KO's after his KO for a TD....

Wade winded, or possibly hurt?

Didn't want any more TD's on KO returns?

damn, 3 and out for PSU. Illini with 6 coming after the QB on 3rd down, and PSU had trouble with the stunts

Cliff, dude, you have to know pressure is coming.

*Sigh*

Oh, but the good news, Penn State's defense has forced a punt over the last 5 straight possessions.

He goes for the kill every time but needs to understand how to break down and make a tackle. The one out of five times where he finds pay dirt is a great tackle but he needs to do better.
Couldn’t agree more. Said the same thing to my kids watching the game

Cliff, dude, you have to know pressure is coming.

*Sigh*

Oh, but the good news, Penn State's defense has forced a punt over the last 5 straight possessions.
Clifford had no chance there, Illinois brought the house and Holmes missed his blitz pickup block.

Reactions: VaLion'92
Doesn't seem like Stoudt is much of a punter. Wonder if he is all they had this year.

Mustopher looks better today. Not enough better to think about the NFL, but better.

Probably due to the competition.....

Seemed like Clifford threw the deep ball much better two years ago.
I feel like all PSU QBs digress with the long pass. Hack, trace, Clifford all seemed to have stronger arms with better accuracy the first few years. Maybe I remember wrong, I donno

Certainly is peculiar how bad our defense is at the start of games.... and then settles in as game progresses

Reactions: Obliviax
6 consecutive defensive stops, including a turnover or turnover on downs (not sure which).

Okay, this really begs the question: why such a slow start on defense, both schematically and with tackling? Really make me wonder how hard they're hitting it in practice.

Reactions: Virginia Joe
Franklin’s biggest off season job is going to need to be recruiting... his own players to come back. If guys like Dotson, Mustipher and Brisker come back we could be a good team next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT