ADVERTISEMENT

Official Illinois vs. South Florida game thread

I really wish I remembered which ESPNU Radio (formerly College Sports radio) guy was big on Illinois today... didn't understand why they were 17 point dogs or whatever... picked them to win outright... looks like "He chose... poorly". (bonus to anyone who can identify the movie that line came from.

I was watching a bit, too. Listening to C-L vs Redbank. 19-8 Redbank to start the second half.
C-L dresses 16 players. Unreal.
I won't mention the score of the game between my Clarion Bobcats and your Keystone Panthers. ;) Hope that you are doing well.

Holy crap, Illinois is horrible. I am shocked that Lovie Smith cant do a better job.
I thought he was a pretty decent coach. But wow.

I really wish I remembered which ESPNU Radio (formerly College Sports radio) guy was big on Illinois today... didn't understand why they were 17 point dogs or whatever... picked them to win outright... looks like "He chose... poorly". (bonus to anyone who can identify the movie that line came from.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (and Lovie Smith did choose poorly). ;)

Indian Jones and the Last Crusade.

I'm right there with you. I'm watching Cumberland Valley at Bishop McDevitt (although there is a little more scoring in this game). :D

Lived in Harrisburg area for a few years after graduation from PSU. My apartment was walking distance to Cedar Cliff. I actually got into the local high school football there. Good football, good rivalries.

Reactions: psu00
Hey Mich. I'm heading to Clarion tomorrow to visit my pop. He's 95 now and in a nursing home. Planning to check out Clarion River Brewing Co.

Honestly, not sure how some of the schools in Clarion County can survive. Wouldn't be surprised to see some consolidation soon.

Bobcats 61
Panthers 6

Ouch

Holy shite does Illinois stink - now 30-9 and another Illinois player about to be ejected for targeting!!!

Just switched over o Temple -UMass at the Linc. I kinda dig the Temple diamond end zone design. Very reminiscent of PSU circa '70's.

Reactions: PeetzPoolBoy
damn, 'ro, your sig pic is smoking.

If i were on a flight, and she was in the seat next to me, that might be a little bit uncomfortable. ;)

I just want you to know that I appreciated this and that I do not feel it got the respect it deserves lol
You may be right, but it was still somewhere on the spectrum between awful and really really bad.

Was good almost 30 years ago. Unfortunately for me, I saw an episode of celebrity boxing about 15 or so years ago and Willis (from different strokes-post-major crack problem) beat Vanilla Ice's a$$.

Ruined. Forever.

Reactions: Limestone_Lion
I was just a few years removed from graduating from Penn State. The engineering firm that I was working for was hired by Kraft Foods to design a new bagel production facility in Matoon. (Kraft had just acquired Lenders Bagels and decided to go into mass production). I flew out to O'hare regularly and made the drive down to Matoon, passing by C-U. I'm not sure if I ever had to turn the steering wheel.

One morning I was having breakfast at the hotel in town near the plant. I was reading the local paper and there was an article about the plant (bringing jobs to the area). It also talked about the history of bagels and how to serve and eat them. I don't think there was a large Jewish presence in town.

Don't forget to pronounce it "matt-toon." The locals will correct you.

I did some work out there in the 80's. Now I know State College is considered to be geographically remote, but man is that part of Illinois......nondescript.
Stayed at a Budgetel out there. They asked if I wanted breakfast in the morning. I said yes so they left a bag on my door with OJ and a muffin.

I also remember Alexander steak house. A big BBQ Pitt in the middle of the restaurant and everybody cooked their own steak.

Stayed at a Budgetel out there. They asked if I wanted breakfast in the morning. I said yes so they left a bag on my door with OJ and a muffin.

I also remember Alexander steak house. A big BBQ Pitt in the middle of the restaurant and everybody cooked their own steak.

I ate at Alexander's in Champaign when I was in graduate school. It was exactly as you described and was pretty good.

Picture from Google:

preparando-a-carne-2.jpg

Reactions: bdgan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT