ADVERTISEMENT

Nagao Injured?

I have been seeing this rumor float around for a few days before Pat tweeted this today. Again it is the internet, but he is not the only person I have seen this information from about Nagao

Reactions: Str8DBLz and USPMAN
Better now than February if he can make it back from this. Otherwise, we don't need the points per se and can redshirt him?

The important thing is Nagao's health -- if it's true and what kind of recovery.

Until then, we should assume we're a mere 65-pt favorite in March.

One thing is true--Aaron is in the best possible place for a fast and full recovery from injury. Dan Monthly has got it going on. This must be so frustrating for Aaron, but we'll be patient, and I still massively look forward to his Rec Hall debut.

One thing is true--Aaron is in the best possible place for a fast and full recovery from injury. Dan Monthly has got it going on. This must be so frustrating for Aaron, but we'll be patient, and I still massively look forward to his Rec Hall debut.
This - Dan has quietly been arguably the most important piece of PSU wrestling. Some of our wrestlers, you wouldn't even guess are dealing with serious injuries because of him.

Bo tore his MCL at Big Tens in 2017 before having arguably his best tournament ever
Nolf's injury clearly isn't something you should have been able to return and win NCAAs on 7 weeks later
It might be easier to name what parts of Nico's body wasn't injured
Same with Kerk
Starocci was on crutches last year last year after NCAAs but didn't look affected

This - Dan has quietly been arguably the most important piece of PSU wrestling. Some of our wrestlers, you wouldn't even guess are dealing with serious injuries because of him.

Bo tore his MCL at Big Tens in 2017 before having arguably his best tournament ever
Nolf's injury clearly isn't something you should have been able to return and win NCAAs on 7 weeks later
Same with Kerk
Starocci was on crutches last year last year after NCAAs but didn't look affected
Excuses are for wussies.

Same with Kerk
Levi with a torn meniscus ... Carter with a broken hand in 2022 ... Ruth and Molinaro injuring their knees at nationals ... Cassar having multiple shoulder surgeries ...

Oh, and this guy:

BjWSlkfCUAAYRQB.jpg

It's the simple fact he reads something and claims to be the first to know...
He claimed to be the first?? Missed that.

How was his “newsbreak” any different than yours?

Neither one named a source, right?

You dont get paid for it is the only difference, but who knows, maybe you do.

Can’t be too bad if he might be back in January. Take your time. No hurry.

Next up which is who?

Well there is no doubt we all want to see Aaron on the mat by January.

Most broken bones allow for an end of November back to practice. If it's an ACL inclusive of surgery no way he goes this year. As for the robot reference: I have seen some pretty ugly looking elbow dislocations in wrestling (one at the PSU wrestling camp when I was a kid). Without ligament damage those are relatively quick recoveries. Until someone sees him on campus in a cast or a sling we will all have to speculate wildly, as I have done. Pretty much worthless.

One thing is certain, Cael with have him viewing this setback as an opportunity, and he will remain grateful throughout the process. Both are important elements to seeing Aaron back whenever, as strong and motivated as before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iowafanfrompa

Same with Kerk
Was that from real matches or the many people beating him in the room? (Nico)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT