ADVERTISEMENT

Myreon Jones

DrJC

May 29, 2001
Okay. What's going on? Does he have mono? Is it a national security issue to indicate what is going on? They look awful today and were not much better last week. By the way, the refereeing is awful. You say hello to someone and get a penalty. Let the kids play, will ya

Okay. What's going on? Does he have mono? Is it a national security issue to indicate what is going on? They look awful today and were not much better last week. By the way, the refereeing is awful. You say hello to someone and get a penalty. Let the kids play, will ya

hard to believe he has mono and even traveling with the team. Mono would be a season ender illness. He probably had the flu very serious and not ready to really play physically. assume they must think it would be a HIPAA problem talking about his illness specifically.

i have noticed that the other teams play defense a bit different against us when he is playing and healthy. they can focus a lot more on Lamar and changes our half court game. just a thought, maybe others see something there.

hard to believe he has mono and even traveling with the team. Mono would be a season ender illness. He probably had the flu very serious and not ready to really play physically. assume they must think it would be a HIPAA problem talking about his illness specifically.

i have noticed that the other teams play defense a bit different against us when he is playing and healthy. they can focus a lot more on Lamar and changes our half court game. just a thought, maybe others see something there.
Way too long for the flu. Has to be something else....I would still guess mono and no one has said his season isn’t over with.

Pat said on the post game show he had a "virus"....didn't say anything more than that. In any event, when he is ready to play, he wont be playing normal minutes right away - he's going to be eased back into it.

Coaches aren't bound by HIPAA.

But Jones was in uniform and went through warmups today. He wouldn't be doing that if he was still sick. But his illness probably zapped his stamina for the short term.

Coaches aren't bound by HIPAA.

But Jones was in uniform and went through warmups today. He wouldn't be doing that if he was still sick. But his illness probably zapped his stamina for the short term.
There is; however, something called PHI.

My bet is on mono. I had it during basketball season and had to miss 6 weeks which was past the last game. That was a while ago but if I remember correctly they said You are susceptible to things like rupturing a spleen. So physical contact was not allowed. was allowed to shoot around but that’s it. And really didn’t feel to bad other than being tired.

Reactions: ralphster
All I know is its been a much bigger story than people think to lose their #2 scorer at this point in the season. They clearly arent the same team, and now appear to be limping home. Hopefully the season doesnt unravel.

Reactions: bdgan
My bet is on mono. I had it during basketball season and had to miss 6 weeks which was past the last game. That was a while ago but if I remember correctly they said You are susceptible to things like rupturing a spleen. So physical contact was not allowed. was allowed to shoot around but that’s it. And really didn’t feel to bad other than being tired.
I also had mono my senior year of HS and could not play LaCrosse for entire season. In early stages, it is contagious. But it is treated much differently than when I had it and not nearly as crippling. Spleen and liver are usually what you worry about. My bet is mono

Reactions: ralphster
Personally, I think he is in Pat’s doghouse to some extent. Not because of the illness, I have a feeling that gives an excuse for the extended absence.

PSU could have used him yesterday even if it was just for a couple of 4 minute stints.

I also had mono my senior year of HS and could not play LaCrosse for entire season. In early stages, it is contagious. But it is treated much differently than when I had it and not nearly as crippling. Spleen and liver are usually what you worry about. My bet is mono

Not to knock you, but since it came up over the weekend here at home and its the 4th or 5th time ive seen it on this board from people, La Crosse is a city, lacrosse is a sport, no need to capitalize the C. Almost all of my PA friends do it, while you would get scorned here in MD if you wrote it with a capital C (as I did my first year after moving)

Not to knock you, but since it came up over the weekend here at home and its the 4th or 5th time ive seen it on this board from people, La Crosse is a city, lacrosse is a sport, no need to capitalize the C. Almost all of my PA friends do it, while you would get scorned here in MD if you wrote it with a capital C (as I did my first year after moving)

You can add lacrosse to the list of sports, like basketball, that don't have a knowlegeable central PA fan base.

Of course. Did you think I was implying anything else? People is Central Pa don't give a shit about basketball and lacrosse.
Plenty of people in central PA and everywhere else know about basketball...almost no one anywhere knows anything about lacrosse.

I suspect DrJC knows at least a little about lacrosse since he played it in high school.
Mea Culpa. Yes, I played lacrosse on Long Island. And, played my freshman year at PSU until knee problem. Ouch. Played with either Greg or Glen Thiel, don't remember which one - the younger of the two. We were co-captains of the freshman team. (1962)

Reactions: NedFromYork

I agree that it's probably mono. Mono is definitely contageous and at much more than just its early stages. But it's not spread via airborne particles. You basically have to swap spit - like kiss or drink from the same straw. Even if Myreon had mono, he wouldn't be at risk of spreading it as long as he didn't kiss or share drinks with anyone at THON.

Plenty of people in central PA and everywhere else know about basketball...almost no one anywhere knows anything about lacrosse.

When I mention a pick and roll around here, most people think ankle pick and granby roll.

When I mention a pick and roll around here, most people think ankle pick and granby roll.
People know about basketball everywhere in the US....it’s a popular sport, unlike many others, like lacrosse. Many might not know all the rules, but they certainly know more about basketball than lacrosse.

People know about basketball everywhere in the US....it’s a popular sport, unlike many others, like lacrosse. Many might not know all the rules, but they certainly know more about basketball than lacrosse.

The percentage of knowledgeable basketball fans in Central PA isn't very high. That's one very big reason why the team doesn't draw very well at the Bryce Jordan Center. Philly has a concentration of basketball fans, the rest of the state, not so much.

The percentage of knowledgeable basketball fans in Central PA isn't very high. That's one very big reason why the team doesn't draw very well at the Bryce Jordan Center. Philly has a concentration of basketball fans, the rest of the state, not so much.
Maybe they don’t draw very well because the fans are knowledgeable and they know a poor product when they see one (not this year, but for the past gazillion years).

Central PA locals are into football and wrestling. That's about it.

Look at the CDT. Until PSU was ranked, the CDT didn't cover PSU games at all. But had like 2-3 wrestling articles (prep and PSU) each day

Maybe they don’t draw very well because the fans are knowledgeable and they know a poor product when they see one (not this year, but for the past gazillion years).

We're currently is second place in the Big Ten which, if the season ended now would tie us for our best finish ever in the conference. We are in a dogfight trying to hold onto second place. Tomorrow we have a game against an opponent who is just one win behind us in the standings and who has already beat us once this year. If our fan base were at all knowledgeable, they'd be packing the arena tomorrow. Sadly, it looks like we won't even sell out the lower deck.

We're currently is second place in the Big Ten which, if the season ended now would tie us for our best finish ever in the conference. We are in a dogfight trying to hold onto second place. Tomorrow we have a game against an opponent who is just one win behind us in the standings and who has already beat us once this year. If our fan base were at all knowledgeable, they'd be packing the arena tomorrow. Sadly, it looks like we won't even sell out the lower deck.
Or they’re not sold on the team’s ability to stay in second place, or they lost interest years ago and haven’t come back. A lack of interest doesn’t always mean a lack of knowledge. In fact, over the past 50 years, the more you know about basketball, the less likely you would be to be a Penn State fan. If you wanted to see good quality basketball, you likely would have ended up a Nova fan, or a Duke fan, or a NC fan.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT