ADVERTISEMENT

More redshirt pulling in Iowa City

And it didn’t turn out well at all. He got majored by a Freshman from Purdue.
Right, but I think the implication was that it doesn't really matter unless ADS is out for good (or the possibility exists). Ybarra taking one for the team in a few duals would be a non-issue if ADS is expected back.

Or just forfeit the weight one time in a dual. What is happening here?
It’s almost like listen guys, have you seen (Brother Terry moving around frantically in the background) what Penn State’s lineup looks like after this year? We are going to go win the Big 10s that way the media thinks we are back and still in control. I don’t care about your dreams… (Terry now standing on chair) have you heard there is blood in my basement from me and this guy (Nelson chewing on a piece of wood). If we shake our fist at a referee harder, we will win. Just keep shaking it at em boys. Redshirts are for wimps.

Reactions: PSU James
Summary of Brands post match interview

Tony kept chopping. Hit identical shots.
Sometimes we try to win with one TD and sometimes we lose by one point.
They set the tone on us at the start.
Gonna figure things out at 133.
Jaydan is resting.
Stay off them dad gum message boards. Don't believe what you read.
Trust that things aren't' a disaster.
Tony almost got his leg torn off. Good fight back,
Don't look past us.
We gotta get better.
Starts at Illinois on Sunday.

I haven't seen this much drama since the Suriano debacle. We were tortured over the summer while HR's minds are getting blown more with each new week. I don't envy them and really want us to take them out at full strength.

I think Eireman is sick and see no smoke there. Kem is doing well but we will see how he can handle top notch competition while hobbled. Drake is proving to be a talented gamer and I remain convinced he will get 15ish points at nationals which is all that can be asked of him. Cassi seems to have lost the "it" factor along with 25lbs of blubber, kind of like Sampson with his hair but tied to his spare tire - very odd.

Now on to Desanto. What does pulling his backup's shirt really mean? Are they communicating to AD the threat of not wrestling him is real, is he out, are they playing with a kids career and treating yet another shirt like it's meaningless, the questions are many???

I suspect it's one of the four:

1) Desanto is injured and his season is at risk
2) His grades are in the tank and his eligibility is at risk
3) He has had behavioral episode(s) behind the scenes placing his season at risk
4) AD is out for some benign reason (flu, banged up) and his backup simply wants to go and doesn't care about his 4th year.

I read he was on the bench tonight so that seems to indicate he was in Brands' good graces. If true, that might lead one to believe something like #4 is most probable, but #1 could prove the second most likely.

In any case I feel for the HR guys, but better them than us. We have had our fare share of drama and big injuries and it sucks.

I haven't seen this much drama since the Suriano debacle. We were tortured over the summer while HR's minds are getting blown more with each new week. I don't envy them and really want us to take them out at full strength.

I think Eireman is sick and see no smoke there. Kem is doing well but we will see how he can handle top notch competition while hobbled. Drake is proving to be a talented gamer and I remain convinced he will get 15ish points at nationals which is all that can be asked of him. Cassi seems to have lost the "it" factor along with 25lbs of blubber, kind of like Sampson with his hair but tied to his spare tire - very odd.

Now on to Desanto. What does pulling his backup's shirt really mean? Are they communicating to AD the threat of not wrestling him is real, is he out, are they playing with a kids career and treating yet another shirt like it's meaningless, the questions are many???

I suspect it's one of the four:

1) Desanto is injured and his season is at risk
2) His grades are in the tank and his eligibility is at risk
3) He has had behavioral episode(s) behind the scenes placing his season at risk
4) AD is out for some benign reason (flu, banged up) and his backup simply wants to go and doesn't care about his 4th year.

I read he was on the bench tonight so that seems to indicate he was in Brands' good graces. If true, that might lead one to believe something like #4 is most probable, but #1 could prove the second most likely.

In any case I feel for the HR guys, but better them than us. We have had our fare share of drama and big injuries and it sucks.
#2 is Highly unlikely since if he was floundering in this semester like every One and done Basketball player......his grades would be meaningless until March was over.. Other theories could well be in play :)

Multiple RSs burned by Brands to fill in for duals they should comfortably win.

Imagine Cael trotting Carter out against Indiana his RS to beat up on some kid from Indiana, while Mark sits with a chest cold.

If Desanto returns soon, any future recruits should keep this in mind.
Is the kid a true freshman or is this his second year?

Are you saying it was Desanto's decision to be academically ineligible? Not your best .

Colleges don’t do grades or progress reports 2 weeks into the semester . As far as I know, only at the end of semesters. He could be ineligible from last semester, but you would know that like 4-5 weeks ago. Also As a hypothetical, Nicky abs could skip every test and class and still wrestle for Michigan until his grades come out in late May, early June.

Though RawDaddy said it similarly:
T shirt by TNT:

Red Shirts are for Wusses!

Last edited:
giphy.gif

As someone once said Cael is playing 5D chess while Tom And Terry are struggling with checkers.

Reactions: gptakba
Brands had to break out of the robot mold since it was in the 3" binder of gold intel.

But I bet he wishes he could just close ranks and close off the media. Because the message boards, twitter, pod casts are coming. The only saving grace is that he has local sycophant journos that will not go into the deep water. But the rest of the intranet will be coming hard until this ADs thing is publicly sorted out.

Tom brands has given us some absolutely great pressers and I think this mounting pressure is leading us to a new level soon.

Summary of Brands post match interview

Tony kept chopping. Hit identical shots.
Sometimes we try to win with one TD and sometimes we lose by one point.
They set the tone on us at the start.
Gonna figure things out at 133.
Jaydan is resting.
Stay off them dad gum message boards. Don't believe what you read.
Trust that things aren't' a disaster.
Tony almost got his leg torn off. Good fight back,
Don't look past us.
We gotta get better.
Starts at Illinois on Sunday.
animal-house-kevin-bacon.gif

Why would he even give him the option?

Unless he wants to be four and done, surely he wants to maximize his chances to perform at four NCAAs, right?
remember, not everyone wants to go to college for 6 years. schriever is not a true freshman. it’s a puzzling move, but we don’t know what’s really going on. that’s the concern to me. there seems to be something going on.

Brands had to break out of the robot mold since it was in the 3" binder of gold intel.

But I bet he wishes he could just close ranks and close off the media. Because the message boards, twitter, pod casts are coming. The only saving grace is that he has local sycophant journos that will not go into the deep water. But the rest of the intranet will be coming hard until this ADs thing is publicly sorted out.

Tom brands has given us some absolutely great pressers and I think this mounting pressure is leading us to a new level soon.
Chad Leistikow and Cody Goodwin will get to the bottom of this!!!

Iowa has been a flipping disaster ever since Spencer announced he was ducking 125 this year.
They should make Spencer head coach as soon as next year. They were a disaster before he came and now they’re already coming off the rails without him for a month. Pretty clear who put them back on top.

Reactions: nitlion6
Iowa has been a flipping disaster ever since Spencer announced he was ducking 125 this year.
They all came back to seek out individual titles and another team title. With Spencer out, the team title is slipping away unless they have a near perfect tournament. Many of them have not wrestled welll, maybe doubt about the individual titles is creeping in too. It has to be tough when some of them had to be talked into coming back and your a year older, could be making money instead of paying money and you get to cut a lot of weight.

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes? Even if ADS returns I have a hard time believing they just screwed over Schriever without getting his input on what he’s okay with. He was their first Sebolt commit and looking to be a big part of their future. I have a hard time believing Brands would play with fire there over a few duals.
Maybe he left calm and collected Terry in control for a couple days

What we know about the ADS situation:

We know ADS has been in trouble on several occasions over the years. We know ADS has had injuries to his hand. We know ADS beat Schriever in the finals at the Luther Open and it’s been said that he had some sort of issue afterward involving Schriever’s father. (Read the Uh-Oh thread; an eyewitness says it was very brief and not at all like what has been written elsewhere.). We know ADS won a 6-4 match eight days ago and that Brands was critical of ADS in the post-match interview. We know that ADS then sat out the Sunday dual with Brands saying it was ADS’s decision to do so. We know ADS didn’t wrestle on Friday and that they pulled Schriever’s redshirt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT