ADVERTISEMENT

MBB vs Syracuse Game Thread

Watkins showed up again for this one so far. Please do not go small tonight

Watkins starting off strong again. Stevens picked up his first foul on a charge again.

why don't we have designed offensive plays/sets? Our offense is, every single year, like a pickup game at the local YMCA 5 guys out there who have never played together before just playing street ball.

Has Harar shown any sort of development since his freshman year in the NIT? 2 year later and he doesn't seem to have any sort of offensive game/moves to rely on.

Reactions: aferrelli
why don't we have designed offensive plays/sets? Our offense is, every single year, like a pickup game at the local YMCA 5 guys out there who have never played together before just playing street ball.
Agreed, too much ISO ball. We are best when we get out and run in transition

Reactions: aferrelli
At no time in the history of penn state athletics have I wanted to beat a coach more. Go State!

After the problems at Syracuse which were swept under the rug, Boeheim said he'd retire after three years. After it blew over, he said, "Screw it. I'm gonna stick around awhile" and nobody cared.

Reactions: Ski and psu00
22-9 PSU with a little over 7 minutes left in the half. Apparently we’ve never met a head fake we didn’t leave our feet for.

We need to rebound better down the stretch.
That killed us versus Ole Miss in the second half.

30-20 with just under 4 minutes left. Syracuse is starting to shoot better and we seem to be getting a little confused by their zone.

34-27 PSU at the half. I know I’ll get jumped for being negative, but I don’t think the second half looks good for us...Syracuse is shooting much better than they were early in the game, and their zone is confusing us.

34-27 PSU at the half. I know I’ll get jumped for being negative, but I don’t think the second half looks good for us...Syracuse is shooting much better than they were early in the game, and their zone is confusing us.
I agree with you. Cuse is starting to hit shots and have been getting looks all night long.

Last edited:
That was a hideously bad few minutes of officiating against Penn State. Stevens hacked, whistle swallowed, Wheeler commits foul, ref decides it was against Stevens giving him three fouls. Ticky tack foul on three point shot, followed by a charge on a Syracuse called as a block against Watkins giving him his second. Yuck. And the whole time the announcer is talking about himself.

That was a hideously bad few minutes of officiating against Penn State. Stevens hacked, whistle swallowed, Wheeler commits foul, ref decides it was against Stevens giving him three fouls. Ticky tack foul on three point shot, followed by a charge on a Syracuse called as a block against Watkins giving him his second. Yuck. And the whole time the announcer is talking about himself.

Yes, I do not understand how that foul was on Stevens

Not sure how you attack a 2-1-2 zone with a two guard offensive set.

Stevens with 4 fouls already
Sidibe for the Cuse fouled out, though, which should help us.

68-57...about 4 minutes left. Syracuse flopping like fish out of water.

Watkins needs to go up strong and dunk. Every trip to the foul line is at least one missed point.

Now here is coaching. Sidibe out,
the Slovenian kid has 4. Watkins needs to touch the ball every time down the court.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT