ADVERTISEMENT

MBB vs Minn thread

Carr with horrible shot after horrible shot then he drains the big three. I guess we'll take that. Frustrating team to watch

One of the issues I see is that the PSU subs are almost non-serviceable. Wheeler is good to bring in for a speedy defender. But the rest of the subs are really poor. It is made even worse without Reeves.

One of the issues I see is that the PSU subs are almost non-serviceable. Wheeler is good to bring in for a speedy defender. But the rest of the subs are really poor. It is made even worse without Reeves.

Yeah, that's definitely ONE of the issues

I really liked coach Chambers, however, it might be time to try and fix this program. Maybe with a different adm. that we have now, it’s possible they might care and we can move forward.

Where is the player development? I have followed U of Dayton BB for some years as my son attended there. Archie Miller took 1 skill players and developed them into good bench players. And when they were in games they played to the strengths that they had. It really is time for a coaching change.

Any news on the ongoing status of Reeves?

Maybe he's as frustrated as most of us by Chambers not trying to get anyone other than Carr involved on a regular basis.
I have no idea what the theme of Pat's presser will be.......oh wait.....that's right ......it will be......"we just ran into a hot shooting team and there's nothing you can do about that!"

Reactions: 78SweetRevenge
Game after game, season after season, decade after decade... regardless of coach, players, opponent, Penn State basketball will forever be mediocre in good years and awful in bad years. It will never, ever, change.

Reactions: TomandMaria
listener here, what was true extent of Watkins "push"? How can this regime continue?

Carr is a ball hog...plain and simple. Chambers is allowing it to happen. Until those two idiots realize basketball is a team sport they aren't going to get any better.

He really is.. you can see Shep and Stevens standing there with no hope of getting the ball. Then when they do, they aren't giving it up because they don't know when they'll see it again. If these guys can't play more than one on one basketball, the offense will remain only as good as the guy with the hot hand is. If you look at good, open looks, we might've had 5 of them the whole game. Probably less. Minnesota had that many in overtime alone because they moved the ball and shared it. The defense played hard the last 8 minutes or so but the hole was so big because the effort wasn't there the first 3/4 of the game. Same as Wisconsin.. same story over and over and over again. The first 7 conference games is the easy part of the schedule.

He really is.. you can see Shep and Stevens standing there with no hope of getting the ball. Then when they do, they aren't giving it up because they don't know when they'll see it again. If these guys can't play more than one on one basketball, the offense will remain only as good as the guy with the hot hand is. If you look at good, open looks, we might've had 5 of them the whole game. Probably less. Minnesota had that many in overtime alone because they moved the ball and shared it. The defense played hard the last 8 minutes or so but the hole was so big because the effort wasn't there the first 3/4 of the game. Same as Wisconsin.. same story over and over and over again. The first 7 conference games is the easy part of the schedule.
If it's all one on one basketball how is it possible that PSU has 2 players in the conference top 10 in assists per game. That simply does not compute. Maybe it's because they DO play more than one on one street ball.

If it's all one on one basketball how is it possible that PSU has 2 players in the conference top 10 in assists per game. That simply does not compute. Maybe it's because they DO play more than one on one street ball.

Just to clarify--you're defending our offense?

No I'm pointing out that the criticism that all PSU does is play one on one bb is bunk.

Fair enough but if you had the unfortunate opportunity to watch the game tonight you'd agree that too often it is Carr playing one of one. The lack of creativity is scary

Because it’s about more than just two guys. They are in the bottom half of the league for team assists.

Reactions: NedFromYork

How about this stat?? Penn State is 2-6 when Tony Carr shoots 20 times or more

Reactions: NedFromYork
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT