ADVERTISEMENT

MBB vs Minn thread

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
We’re up 16-10 early. Good discussion of Carr after he misses a shot after not giving it up in transition.

Why can't Pierce hold his ground against the Minny scorer? And why doen't someone double the kid and steal it when he puts it on the ground as he does EVERY time he gets the ball??

It would be amazing to see the Murphy kid from Minny not travel.

PSU to busy focusing on losing brick by brick ,,,,,, no time for constesting easy layups.

I gotta say the defense in this game must be going on somewhere outside of the building.

hoosiers08.jpg

"I know you guys can shoot, but there's more to the game than shooting. There's fundamentals and defense."

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
I'm done watching this shit. The prospect of sleep is less boring that this, I might just dream about real basketball.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Carr's horribly overrated IMO. He's been awful this year shooting the ball against Big Ten opponents. Maybe that's on him. Maybe that's because there's no offensive game plan. I'm far from an expert when it comes to basketball but it doesn't take an expert to understand this is a poorly coached team.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Right now Tony Carr is a really bad, selfish point guard. I honestly think Wheeler could create more opportunities for his teammates if given the opportunity to run the point. This is really bad basketball.

I don't think anyone on the team understands that if you have the ball in the paint or in the post you can pass the ball back out.

Now I know what's coming.. a huge run to get close with a chance to win or lose in the last possession

Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
Why they continue to double the post #3, I have no idea. Watkins is not in foul trouble and every time they double he hits an open man for a shot or a drive to the basket

Embarrassing. We are not a basketball school. The team has no personality. How often do we drive to the basket and put the ball up in traffic or turn it over instead of working for a good shot? But tonight there is no hustle on defense to compound our ineptitude. It’s not enjoyable to watch.

Announcers saying Pat Chambers will take that shot from Carr every time.. fact is.. Carr takes that shot every time.. 21 more shots from our hero.. nobody else is involved and that's why we're down and lucky to be down only 5

Reactions: evelet
Why has Chambers stopped pressing in games? Even before Reaves was out, he had stopped. I thought some of.our best ball this season was when we pressed.

Carr takes too many bad shots. Until he learns the difference between a good and bad shot, the team will struggle. He has all the talent in the world. But his last three shots have been bad shots.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Carr going 1 on 5 just about every possession. Doesn't make it.....

Stevens is averaging 20+ over last few games and didn't take a shot down the stretch. I didn't see him even get a touch.

On D when PSU double teams a player the players involved have no clue in who will then have to find the lost man or any rotation to cover open players. Sad.

Watkins makes a stupid defensive play, fouls out, then on sideline pushes an assistant coach away. Undisciplined. He defended a drive, then did not have the energy or instincts to turn around and rebound. Then the smarter Minny player rebounds and puts it back in. And a foul. No wonder the crowds are small......

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT