ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland hosting a Blackout vs Us

Gonna hard to black out, when half of the crowd will be PSU fans.

Well imitation may be a form of flattery, but let’s see how a blackout works with a huge whiteout woven into it

Blackouts crack me up. They sound cool and are great for atmosphere. But they always remind me of when I was young and asked why that section behind center field of old Yankee Stadium had no bleachers and was painted black. It was to help the athletes see the ball without the background distraction of fans, colors, etc.

They want to do it for the whole stadium. Thanks Maryland!

I love when opposing teams host PSU for a black out (or a {insert color here} out). It makes our road white uniforms look even more amazing.
It will also highlight how many PSU fans are there. This is a terrible idea by UMD.

Brilliant move by Maryland. Play the game in a blackout and that definitely evens the odds. :)
article-2076435-0F3ADB1200000578-630_634x434.jpg

Blackouts always look funny because of crowd demographics. Georgia’s a few years back looked like a bunch of heads floating off in the distance.

baa7e513ecb40ef95859030bea21170c.jpg

Unrelated, but how did Oklahoma’s “whiteout” go? Kinda came and went with no mention.

Well imitation may be a form of flattery, but let’s see how a blackout works with a huge whiteout woven into it

Who are they imitating? It certainly not Penn State because teams have been doing the color out thing way longer than the PSU white out. What next you going to say Penn State was the first to play Zombie Nation?

Who are they imitating? It certainly not Penn State because teams have been doing the color out thing way longer than the PSU white out. What next you going to say Penn State was the first to play Zombie Nation?
Not college football teams. And first college football team to play it.

Penn State was the first college football team (and I think, but am not 100% sure, the first American team of any sport) to play Zombie Nation (which is actually not the name of the song, but whatever...). And Seven Nation Army. Both obviously originated with European soccer (fart noises).

They were not the first to do a White Out. But if you mention "White Out" 97% of sports fans will associate it with Penn State.

Reactions: pandaczar12
Penn State was the first college football team (and I think, but am not 100% sure, the first American team of any sport) to play Zombie Nation (which is actually not the name of the song, but whatever...). And Seven Nation Army. Both obviously originated with European soccer (fart noises).

They were not the first to do a White Out. But if you mention "White Out" 97% of sports fans will associate it with Penn State.

I’ll never forget being at a PSU/OSU game a few years after we started doing 7 nation army, and the OSU fans started doing it. I was so confused as to why they were copying us.

Every so often, I click show ignored posts to see what posts I'm missing. Amazing how it almost always affirms my original decision to ignore a poster. No time at all for presumed Penn State fans who never pass up an opportunity to take an anti-Penn State position. Like this...who freakin cares if Penn State was the first to do the white out. So a guy says MD is imitating PSU in doing the color out thing, who cares? Why does it chap your hide so badly to think that some anonymous poster might be giving Penn State undeserved credit as the innovator of the white out? Don't bother responding because I have you on ignore.

I won't be surprised if the crowd shots resemble this approximate distribution of black-out vs. white-out attire.

black-truffle-salt-fusion-bowl_2.jpg

Reactions: rudedude
I’ll never forget being at a PSU/OSU game a few years after we started doing 7 nation army, and the OSU fans started doing it. I was so confused as to why they were copying us.
If you listened closely, you cold hear the Pitt fans singing it last Saturday from their perch high atop the North End Zone. Obviously mocking us.

The important thing to remember is that PSU is nothing special, has never had an original idea or done anything of note. Whatever it is, someone else has already done it first or better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT