ADVERTISEMENT

Lots Closed Again This Weekend

PS4814

Jul 28, 2016
The State of Paranoia
https://news.psu.edu/story/543759/2...re-several-grass-parking-lots-penn-state-iowa

Car parking information for Iowa game

Note: Patrons who normally park in reserved lots that are paved or on grass will not be affected. Permit holders with a white stripe through their permit have a paved parking space, which are not impacted by this Saturday’s closures.

— Yellow Lot 12 will be closed and fans will be redirected to Lot 11 and then to East Deck, Nittany Deck or Red A. Fans who normally park in Lot 12 should approach the campus from the west off Atherton Street to Park Avenue. Other Yellow lots will be available from the east from I-99/U.S. 322.

— Brown and Orange lots will be closed. Brown and Orange parking permits will be honored at Innovation Park, Grange Park, Nittany Parking Deck, Red A, and in all Yellow lots (other than Lot 12). To access Innovation Park, cars should approach from the east off I-99 or from the west off I-99/U.S. 322.

A free Innovation Park shuttle for fans with cars will be provided, with trips to Beaver Stadium starting at 11 a.m. Saturday. The shuttle will operate after the game for approximately 45 minutes. RVs are not permitted at Innovation Park on game day.

— Family Friendly Lot will be closed. Patrons should park in a Yellow lot with their regularly issued parking permit location.

RV parking information for Iowa game

— Blue and Orange RV lots will be closed to RVs. Patrons who normally park an RV in the Blue or Orange lot will be able to park one car with their RV permit.

— Purple Lot RV permit holders on grass (no white stripe) will be closed to RVs. One car per permit will be accepted.

— Overnight RV Lot will open Thursday at 6 p.m. Parts of the RV Lot may not be parked due to ground conditions.

— Fans who have not already purchased an RV parking permit should not attempt to park in the lots near Beaver Stadium. All game day, season RV and Overnight RV permits are sold out for the 2018 season. Penn State Athletics has identified Grange Park as an economical alternative with hook-ups and shuttle service to campus on Friday and Saturday of home football weekends. Fans interested in parking their car or RV at Grange Park can reserve a spot by calling 814-364-9212.

Can you still park in the East or Nittany Parking Deck if you don't have a yellow parking pass? Has anyone parked at the Eisenhower Parking Deck? Thank you in advance.

A brief story of what happened to me earlier this year when the lots were closed for the Akron game. We were coming in from i-99, hoping to get into one of the lots 20-21-22-26. It was a noon kick and we were on track to be in the lots by 9am on a typical game day. We then sat, bumper to bumper, on i-99 for over an hour until we finally got into lot 26. Now with the weather keeping some fans away, and it being a 3:30 kick, things may not be as bad. Just giving a heads up to plan for up to an extra hour to get into the lots.

A brief story of what happened to me earlier this year when the lots were closed for the Akron game. We were coming in from i-99, hoping to get into one of the lots 20-21-22-26. It was a noon kick and we were on track to be in the lots by 9am on a typical game day. We then sat, bumper to bumper, on i-99 for over an hour until we finally got into lot 26. Now with the weather keeping some fans away, and it being a 3:30 kick, things may not be as bad. Just giving a heads up to plan for up to an extra hour to get into the lots.
And getting out.

Imagine NCAA CF expanding playoffs with first round going to home field of higher ranked team.
Imagine round 1 at Penn State in early January after a snow storm.
What would happen with parking?
#Screwed

Reactions: harbest
Imagine NCAA CF expanding playoffs with first round going to home field of higher ranked team.
#Screwed

Are paved lots in Sandy's FACILITY. MASTER. PLAN. :eek: ?

Can you still park in the East or Nittany Parking Deck if you don't have a yellow parking pass? Has anyone parked at the Eisenhower Parking Deck? Thank you in advance.
Since nobody has answered you, I'll go off my recollection. Unless it changes just for this week, YES. I believe it's $25 or yellow pass at East Deck and cash only at Eisenhower and Nittany Decks.

Reactions: john4psu
Since nobody has answered you, I'll go off my recollection. Unless it changes just for this week, YES. I believe it's $25 or yellow pass at East Deck and cash only at Eisenhower and Nittany Decks.
Giving you a +1 on this.

#Screwed
If they were playing a southern team (especially one from the SEC), I would love it.

Reactions: Limestone_Lion

Thank you.

Have heard SEPA could get 2" -4" of rain Friday into Saturday. I can't imagine wanting to park, especially an RV, in a lot where it could be several inches of mud and require a tow to get out. I know you all have a lot of complaints about Sandy, but she can't control the weather.

Posted this on the.... DEN

Looks like all of us that spend a small fortune for RV parking are getting SCREWED again. if anyone knows who to send a complaint to please post it and I'm looking for the person in charge not a department......Thanks

https://gopsusports.com/news/2018/1...owa-game.aspx?camefrom=EMCL_2557103_116581863

Send it to Cory Chapman, he's the Assistant Athletic Director for Facilities and Events. His e-mail is chapman@psu.edu. He will provide a corporate answer that will piss you off even more than you already are.

Reactions: stormingnorm
If psu had to refund for the passes they sold, they wouldn’t close the lots. There’s no reason for them to keep them open. They get to hire less people and keep all the money.

If psu had to refund for the passes they sold, they wouldn’t close the lots. There’s no reason for them to keep them open. They get to hire less people and keep all the money.

Plus do not have to listen to people about getting their RVs stuck and needing to be towed out. I wish they would allow all the RVs to park and if some of them get stuck, tell them tough shit, guess you better call a tow truck.

Reactions: BBrown
Plus do not have to listen to people about getting their RVs stuck and needing to be towed out. I wish they would allow all the RVs to park and if some of them get stuck, tell them tough shit, guess you better call a tow truck.

Unlike cars and car-based crossovers with part-time AWD, Duallie rear-axle RVs aren’t gonna get stuck under 98% of crappy weather conditions

Have heard SEPA could get 2" -4" of rain Friday into Saturday. I can't imagine wanting to park, especially an RV, in a lot where it could be several inches of mud and require a tow to get out. I know you all have a lot of complaints about Sandy, but she can't control the weather.

LOL, could you imagine the amount of bitching if they didn't close them and all the tow's they would have to get?
Gee I wonder whats cheaper losing the money for 1 game because of rain or the Tow charge?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT