ADVERTISEMENT

Football PSU announces major changes to Beaver Stadium

Play one of those outdoor stadium NHL games there. Penguins vs Flyers would be a natural. Could be held every year.
Every February have the battle of Pennsylvania at the Beav. Make it a tradition for the Pens and Flyers.

Reactions: NedFromYork
The question remains.

How many of the sunovabichin and odious BOT family and friends will benefit from no vote contracts, awards and the like leading to more enrichment? And self enrichment?

These pricks are not to be trusted.
This is unfounded hyperbole. In reality, the University contracts are conducted by competitive bidding open to public scrutiny. I have firsthand knowledge of the integrity of the process when back around 1996 I contacted my former fraternity brother - Tim Curley who was the Athletic Director at the time, about the possibility of providing funding for the expansion of Beaver Stadium that they were once again considering due to football program's success and entrance into the Big 10.

At the time I was an associate of a venture capital firm that just aided the completion of George Steinbrenner's sale of his bankrupt Tampa Shipyards, freeing him to further inv in building the New York Yankees into world champions, aided by our pledge class brother - Mitch Lukevics, the former Yankees minor-league operations director who later moved on to the same post with the Tampa Rays. At the time I had a project for building a Domed Stadium in Las Vegas for Dallas, TX businessman Paul Tanner. He envisioned a $750 million, 110,000-seat stadium project cost while we tried to convince him he required more and had secured double that amount. But instead, he chose to go the less costly route funded by Wall Street which ended up bankrupting him in two years because he couldn't afford the required soil remediation of the 61-acre plot - the former site of the Union Pacific railyards. Tragically the angst and depression caused by ignoring our financial advice, Paul ended up murdering his son and grandson in a fit of rage and I believe died in prison.

Unfortunately, Tim cordially dismissed my offer out-of-hand saying they could cover their renovation costs from the program's cash flow and had no need for outside financing (those were the "good old days"). So Beaver Stadium keeps getting facelifts instead of a state-of-the-art sports arena which we would have advised.

But that is all water under the bridge now...

One-time Las Vegas stadium developer sentenced in double-murder

You do realize these projects are put out to bid and the results are public? There is no secret process to it. You could register and bid for the jobs yourself. No all the work doesn't got to BOT family and friends.
Correct but then the over charges start almost immediately….

This is unfounded hyperbole. In reality, the University contracts are conducted by competitive bidding open to public scrutiny. I have firsthand knowledge of the integrity of the process when back around 1996 I contacted my former fraternity brother - Tim Curley who was the Athletic Director at the time, about the possibility of providing funding for the expansion of Beaver Stadium that they were once again considering due to football program's success and entrance into the Big 10.

At the time I was an associate of a venture capital firm that just aided the completion of George Steinbrenner's sale of his bankrupt Tampa Shipyards, freeing him to further inv in building the New York Yankees into world champions, aided by our pledge class brother - Mitch Lukevics, the former Yankees minor-league operations director who later moved on to the same post with the Tampa Rays. At the time I had a project for building a Domed Stadium in Las Vegas for Dallas, TX businessman Paul Tanner. He envisioned a $750 million, 110,000-seat stadium project cost while we tried to convince him he required more and had secured double that amount. But instead, he chose to go the less costly route funded by Wall Street which ended up bankrupting him in two years because he couldn't afford the required soil remediation of the 61-acre plot - the former site of the Union Pacific railyards. Tragically the angst and depression caused by ignoring our financial advice, Paul ended up murdering his son and grandson in a fit of rage and I believe died in prison.

Unfortunately, Tim cordially dismissed my offer out-of-hand saying they could cover their renovation costs from the program's cash flow and had no need for outside financing (those were the "good old days"). So Beaver Stadium keeps getting facelifts instead of a state-of-the-art sports arena which we would have advised.

But that is all water under the bridge now...

One-time Las Vegas stadium developer sentenced in double-murder
Yikes! If you ever give me business advice, I think I would follow it…….

So let's sum this up: Penn State announces changes to Beaver Stadium while announcing absolutely zero changes.

Come on Kraft I think you are better than this.

Where do they plan to put Joe's statue?
That statue never should’ve been taken down and definitely should be put back up. Unfortunately, it’s going to take an influential person with guts to make that happen, and we all know that that is in short supply.

The Stalin-like purge of all things Joe Paterno is a disgrace and a very black mark for this school. The university that PSU is largely attributable to Paterno, and the gutless wonders who purged him never can undo that.

This is a link to the Varsity S club. They have a story about a new plaza in front of Beaver Stadium with some interesting graphics of the plaza with a new facade in the background. Have to be a member of the Athlete Network. They are selling bricks to have your name or that of someone else to memorialize as a fund raiser.

This is a link to the Varsity S club. They have a story about a new plaza in front of Beaver Stadium with some interesting graphics of the plaza with a new facade in the background. Have to be a member of the Athlete Network. They are selling bricks to have your name or that of someone else to memorialize as a fund raiser.

Anyone able to post those pics? I certainly hope they aren’t just increasing the paved area around the stadium. It’s beginning to look like the old Meadowlands rather than a college campus.

We "regular people" can't view it!

• Haha
Reactions: OldiesAtTheGaff
Anyone able to post those pics? I certainly hope they aren’t just increasing the paved area around the stadium. It’s beginning to look like the old Meadowlands rather than a college campus.
I couldn’t log in but pic in photo shows a new facade with either brick, split block, or stone on first floor with second floor has blue reflective glass with light grey or white walls. Just an artistic rendering so is subject to change.

Reactions: psu00
I couldn’t log in but pic in photo shows a new facade with either brick, split block, or stone on first floor with second floor has blue reflective glass with light grey or white walls. Just an artistic rendering so is subject to change.
That was one of my predictions in an above post to this thread.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT