ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling LIVE THREAD: Penn State vs. Rider 2/20

Nick Lee wins a close one over a very game Kinner 6-3. Nick got ridden out in the 2nd. Kinner got a late escape in 3rd that closed it to 4-3 but then Lee earned and scored a TD. Kinner is an Ohio State transfer. I think Lee could have widened the score playing TDs.

Byers
Yep, heard JB say the same thing, although he seemed to indicate no one really knows what RBY will do (wrestle for PSU next year, wrestle somewhere else, get going on a freestyle career, or start fighting).
I could see RBY go the MMA route, but what's the point in going somewhere else to wrestle collegiately? That wouldn't seem to make much sense. But then, what the hell do I know?

This might get me flamed but it seems Nick still struggles on bottom at times against elite riders. Eierman last year and Kinner this year. He's avoided bottom against Eierman since the first period of Big Tens last year and he's definitely superior on his feet but I imagine it's something he'll prepare for a lot in the next month in case it happens.

Cael was asked a question about training practices and when he answered it, it sounded like guys are on different schedules at times. We see a lot of times where the the whole team seems sluggish but this match seemed to me just certain guys were may have been training through this week.

Reactions: Gebmo
This might get me flamed but it seems Nick still struggles on bottom at times against elite riders. Eierman last year and Kinner this year. He's avoided bottom against Eierman since the first period of Big Tens last year and he's definitely superior on his feet but I imagine it's something he'll prepare for a lot in the next month in case it happens.
Yeah, you might get flamed for it. I did when I suggested that team wise it seems like a slight weakness this season.

Reactions: hlstone
Cael was asked a question about training practices and when he answered it, it sounded like guys are on different schedules at times. We see a lot of times where the the whole team seems sluggish but this match seemed to me just certain guys were may have been training through this week.
It has seemed like that all season. I don't remember any matches where everybody seemed sluggish.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Yeah, I was aware of all of that. I was just trying to help you figure it all out.
My original post i said i was to lazy to use google.....
My guess was wrong and I should have just used google to start with.....
My recollection isn't always spot on

A lot of positives this dual
1. Seems like guys we were worried about health wise are good (Carter, Max, Kerk)
2. Brady seems to have his tank at 157
3. Hildebrandt looks fantastic, that kid he wrestled doesn't get bonused except against elite guys.
4. Nick Lee had a scare that should motivate him (but he left with a W still)
5. Beau got bonus against a guy he should get bonus against.

Same two wrestlers. That’s strange.
Their starter at 157 recently broke his hand and is out, of course. They bumped up their 149 starter, so they might not have had a 2nd wrestler avail. for an extra bout.

Reactions: hlstone
It has seemed like that all season. I don't remember any matches where everybody seemed sluggish.
I don’t either but most years we do. During the Cael interview earlier this week it jumped out immediately to me that Cael seemed to say that this year guys are on different schedules. It made complete sense to me that we didn’t see that dual where entire team seemed sluggish and then considering the mid season additions to the squad.

RBY just told Byers: "I definitely want to stick around with NLWC if they'll have me. We haven't had that discussion yet."

"If they'll have me," LOL.

We can stop worrying about him transferring next year. Whether or not he wrestles varsity isn't settled, but he's not leaving State College anytime soon.

My original post i said i was to lazy to use google.....
My guess was wrong and I should have just used google to start with.....
My recollection isn't always spot on
You were just so sure, so I was just trying to help you. Not a big deal.

RBY just told Byers: "I definitely want to stick around with NLWC if they'll have me. We haven't had that discussion yet."

"If they'll have me," LOL.

We can stop worrying about him transferring next year. Whether or not he wrestles varsity isn't settled, but he's not leaving State College anytime soon.
Gonna drive tHR crazy when he comes back to varsity in the spring

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT