ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling LIVE THREAD: Penn State vs. Michigan 1/19

and they awarded an escape every time? i've seen it called very inconsistently. for example, in the gilman-lizak match, they didn't count one of gilman's singles because of this. i've linked it here. you can hear the official say "he's gotta be able to defend himself."

Dude, not the same - the Official RULED that the conditions were met - he ruled an escape, not the opposite (i.e., no escape as in the example you're giving!). Again, Ref gave escape point and video clearly shows both conditions were there (clear separation and wrestlers facing one another - i.e., former top wrestler was not behind or to side). You reference a situation where Ref was telling wrestlers conditions of escape not met - this Ref called the diametric opposite (called escape after seeing separation and wrestlers being opposite each other... and video confirms both).

Mason Parris vs. Greg Kerkvliet - 285
1st Period - Kerk gets in on a single leg and finishes the shot for a 2-0 lead. Parris gets an immediate escape, 2-1 Kerk. GK gets another takedown and another immediate escape, now 4-2. Parris breaks the wrist control and finishes for a takedown with :06 let. 4-4 at end of the 1st.
2nd Period - Parris with the escape after :25, leads 5-4. The rest of the period was a fight for hand control, no score. 5-4 Parris
3rd Period - GK starts on bottom. Gets the escape after about :20, 5-5. Kerk in on a single leg, Parris spins out. In on it again, gets the 2nd ankle as Parris tried to scramble and gets the takedown. 7-5 GK. Riding time not a factor. Kerk finishes it off for a 7-5 win!! Great win for GK!
Final - Greg Kerkvliet 7 Mason Parris 5
Penn St 29
Michigan 6

That was a helluva showing for the Nittany Lions!

Dude, not the same - the Official RULED that the conditions were met - he ruled an escape, not the opposite (i.e., no escape as in the example you're giving!). Again, Ref gave escape point and video clearly shows both conditions were there (clear separation and wrestlers facing one another - i.e., former top wrestler was not behind or to side). You reference a situation where Ref was telling wrestlers conditions of escape not met - this Ref called the diametric opposite (called escape after seeing separation and wrestlers being opposite each other... and video confirms both).

Obviously it was not CLEAR to the professionals. You type in absolutes. Quite frankly it makes you look foolish. There is always judgement and gray areas. It may look absolute to you, but you're wearing glasses slanted to one side. Give it a rest.

Herk Kerk looks a lot different this year. Our coaching staff is in unbelievable. Grabbing that left wrist changed the whole match
Must have been an accidental coincidence on Kerk's Part. We know our coaches don't actually teach anything. Same dumb luck we saw when RBY started hiding his arm to completely break Desanto mentally...

Reactions: okinburg1
You couldn't draw that dual meet up any better than that. Very well done by basically everybody in the PSU singlet. Someone joked in this thread about "Gardner" and someone mentioned in the last day or two that PSU may have another 157 "returnee". Is it Luke Gardner? Does anyone know? He's scrappy.......

So lucky Cael and co. Can recruit And just coast to wins.
lost 1 ncaa’s in how many years?

Patrick Brucki vs. Max Dean - 197
1st Period - Brucki gets in on a single leg and almost finishes. Dean held him off then rolled through to grab Brucki's ankle. Stalemate after a good scramble. Brucki gets thru with a low shot to the far ankle. 2-0 Brucki. Dean gets the escape, 2-1 Brucki. Period ends with them on their feet.
2nd Period - Dean starts on bottom and escapes. Brucki hooks up a far side cradle and gets the takedown, but can't turn him. Max escapes. 4-3 Brucki end 2nd.
3rd Period - Dean rides tough with 2 mat returns. Tried to hook the bow and arrow up but couldn't get him turned. Dean hold position and finishes the 3rd getting a riding time point to tie it at 4. We go to SV!
Sudden Victory - Lots of action. Dean with the shot, but Brucki fights it off. Dean the aggressor. Brucki goes for the ankle pick and Dean slides by to get the takedown!!!
Final - Max Dean 6 Patrick Brucki 4
Penn St 26
Michigan 6
Brucki was gassed

Its not over until tognetti's sister sings.

gorda-fat.gif

Illegal fist to the eyes. Penalty point awarded.

do you not understand what a video review is?

Must have been an accidental coincidence on Kerk's Part. We know our coaches don't actually teach anything. Same dumb luck we saw when RBY started hiding his arm to completely break Desanto mentally...
Grab his wrist. Only an absolute mastermind could come up with this strategy.

We looked great tonight! Can’t wait until next Friday!

watching hawks vs bucks and already bricks thrown in 125 match. Heinselman wrestling Ayala tough

See that all the time. Once they break, ref waits until they turn around or get a step or two away before awarding the point. He awarded the point early, IMO. No issue with the reversal of the call at all.
And the first review went our way….so…

Stunning performances from ALL of our wrestlers! Dominated Michigan. Biggest surprises were the 2 upsets(or were they?): Berge and Kerklivet! Huge win for Starocci, Brooks and Dean!! Hildebrandt wrestled Suriano tougher than anyone expected....Might take him next time. RBY and Lee, our National champs, doing what they do all the time...win big! Barraclaugh wrestled #15 Lewin tough. Proud of all of them.

There's no delay needed. Bo did this all the time for cradles. He released and immediately went in for a cradle.

When Bo did that, did they award the escape and takedown after Bo locked the cradle or was the cradle locked in a continuation of riding time?

When Bo did that, did they award the escape and takedown after Bo locked the cradle or was the cradle locked in a continuation of riding time?
The escape was immediately awarded, then Bo immediately got the pin. Lol Nolf did it as well.

Reactions: billrag and Ski

Bo was always very smart about checking/watching/listening to the ref to see if the escape was awarded before he'd dive into a cradle or something else. Nolf often did the same thing, he'd keep a hand on his opponent's head, allow his opponent to face him, wait for the escape to be awarded and then launch into some ridiculous Nolf thing.

Reactions: papa_ed and Hotshoe
The escape was immediately awarded, then Bo immediately got the pin. Lol Nolf did it as well.

Honestly, usually about that time I was doing a Kirby Smart leap off of my chair and not noticing the ref.

Reactions: Ja1339
Bo was always very smart about checking/watching/listening to the ref to see if the escape was awarded before he'd dive into a cradle or something else. Nolf often did the same thing, he'd keep a hand on his opponent's head, allow his opponent to face him, wait for the escape to be awarded and then launch into some ridiculous Nolf thing.
And still had contact. Lol. The problem is, there's no consistency. However, when you have no contact, you get an escape point unless it's a reversal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT