ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling LIVE THREAD: Penn State vs. Michigan 1/19

Obviously it was not CLEAR to the professionals. You type in absolutes. Quite frankly it makes you look foolish. There is always judgement and gray areas. It may look absolute to you, but you're wearing glasses slanted to one side. Give it a rest.

What are you talking about - the Ref CALLED AN ESCAPE after seeing separation between the wrestlers who were facing, and opposed, to one another (and video confirms the two conditions at the time of his call) - the situation you reference, the Ref made no escape call and is verbally telling both wrestlers "no escape"! How you figure those two situations are analogous is quite amazing.

What are you talking about - the Ref CALLED AN ESCAPE after seeing separation between the wrestlers who were facing, and opposed, to one another (and video confirms the two conditions at the time of his call) - the situation you reference, the Ref made no escape call and is verbally telling both wrestlers "no escape"! How you figure those two situations are analogous is quite amazing.

They reviewed it and changed it. Correctly IMO. You're welcome to have yours. You're failing is that you can't recognize someone may have a different opinion as you.

Bo was always very smart about checking/watching/listening to the ref to see if the escape was awarded before he'd dive into a cradle or something else. Nolf often did the same thing, he'd keep a hand on his opponent's head, allow his opponent to face him, wait for the escape to be awarded and then launch into some ridiculous Nolf thing.

The escape was AWARDED here!

Reactions: royboy
BTW, PSU just did that to the #2 team in the country.
125-MU
133- Iowa
141-Iowa
149- Iowa
157- Iowa
165- Iowa
174- MU
184- MU
197- MU
285- MU +Bonus

They reviewed it and changed it. Correctly IMO. You're welcome to have yours. You're failing is that you can't recognize someone may have a different opinion as you.

And it's a bullshit Review for a Ref to make an Escape Call [and again video shows both conditions met at time of call], THE SIGNAL FOR TOP WRESTLER TO GO FOR TD, and then say he didn't make this call reviewing his own clear call. He absolutely made the ESCAPE CALL and both conditions were clearly met - complete horseshit to then say he didn't WHEN HE CLEARLY DID!

The biggest part of the Kerk match was him showing the ability to go under Mason and escape as well. Great dual.

To me Drew solidified himself as top 5 at 125 with that showing. Definitely should have confidence after that showing with Suriano.
I was shocked he went down after how he looked last year. Supreme confidence from the big man there.

This is how the NCAA Rules Book defines an escape: "Section 3. Escape A defensive wrestler is awarded an escape when the offensive wrestler loses control of the opponent while any part of either wrestler remains in bounds."

HR will implode shortly. Everyone there was saying NO WAY Kerk beats Parris. He's been good but his competition was weak. Parris handled him last year so HR was convinced the outcome would be no different this year. Suck it Hawks!

Most of HR has no wrestling knowledge, so their take on PSU wrestling is limited to start and most based on what they can find in a shit pot.

And it's a bullshit Review for a Ref to make an Escape Call [and again video shows both conditions met at time of call], THE SIGNAL FOR TOP WRESTLER TO GO FOR TD, and then say he didn't make this call reviewing his own clear call. He absolutely made the ESCAPE CALL and both conditions were clearly met - complete horseshit to then say he didn't WHEN HE CLEARLY DID!

How do you continually argue rules like you know with 100% certainty, when you don't even know how riding time works? Typing in CAPS doesn't make you right.

Okay, so after that HWT match I'm starting to wonder if the impossible is possible. Kerk is definitely the toughest matchup for Steveson and he's coached by the guys who have coached the only other guy to beat him.
Reminds me of Cassar. And Cassar did it!!!!

Don’t disagree. Was the juxtaposition that made me chuckle.

scUM wrestlers were wrestling the edge all night, including Massa. The Ref allowed it to be that type of match - of course that's what Carter is going to do in last 30 seconds. BTW, Carter smartly shot and hung onto leg for last 15 seconds.... that is smart wrestling in that situation, not stalling.

Phantom, you can come to my place tomorrow and watch it on dvr. If you not a beer snob I will have cold Yuengling, venison bologna and sharp cheddar while the beat down is being shown.
Thanks Jules, I will never be too snotty to enjoy a Yuengling. Unfortunately my best friend is getting married tomorrow. I was whispering the scores to him during rehearsal dinner tonight.

Last year, when DGK was not 100%, he managed to be the only person to take Gable down all year, and the only decision.
That's the thing, Gable doesn't ride. I'm not saying Kerkvleit will win but he's best equipped to do the impossible and training w/ Casey and Snyder isn't going to hurt his chances. I'd like to see him get a feel for the big man at the Big 10s so he can fine tune for Nationals.

That's the thing, Gable doesn't ride. I'm not saying Kerkvleit will win but he's best equipped to do the impossible and training w/ Casey and Snyder isn't going to hurt his chances. I'd like to see him get a feel for the big man at the Big 10s so he can fine tune for Nationals.
Casey? Snyder, Jake, Cael and Nick. Casey obviously has a huge reservoir of wrestling knowledge to share, but he doesn't have the size to do Kerkvliet much good as a practice partner.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
That would be in the B10 finals. Since MIchigan and Iowa both face Minny but PSU doesn't, Kerk has (barring injury or upset) no worse than the 3 seed at B10s.

And if Kerk reaches the B10 finals, then he's getting no worse than the 3 seed at nationals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT