ADVERTISEMENT

Life Advice: Parent Edition

First of all what do mean by you are "in education" are you are teacher or in administration? your position and where you practice it might be why you are feeling stressed.

I have found that the most important thing in life is resilience and agility rather than any secret sauce. That cooing 16 month old will be waiting for the bus in the blink of a eye and two more blinks will be testing your last nerve, demanding a phone, a car, complete liberty.

@Aarvark86: Add to your rule G (completely off topic: Rule G is the no booze rule in a commonly used railroad rule book), Respect the girls is good, but respect yourself and seek out the girls that respect themselves. People that don't respect themselves can't respect others.

Post Script: Sending this to my niece; even though her frosh year was last year and late mother's birthday was different.
Good addition which is captured in the longer version

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
Once at a meeting of physicists; Paul Dirac engaged in a self-indulgent atheistic rant. Another attendee, Wolfgang Pauli summarized Dirac's position.

"There is no God and Dirac is His prophet"​

Don't be a Dirac.

Besides, if your deportment here is any indication of your conduct in person, you should be an enthusiastic supporter of religion since certain proscriptions (say the fifth or six commandment, depending on your listing) have certainly been the only thing between you and your demise.
Yeah, Our tradition recognizes the communitarian aspect of worship (“wherever two are gathered…), and we and he are grateful for that. And six years on, he calls us every Sunday night on his way to mass, which is more than I can say for many of his age and generation.

AMDG

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT