ADVERTISEMENT

Kerkvliet?

He did what he should do against 2 Maryland heavies. I wasn't able to catch the match, looks like he's moving well and no brace on?

I'm also going to venture a guess that he has a W over Seth also ...

Reactions: diggerpup
Absolutely! How much on the line? $50? And do you want any points are are we doing straight up? The good thing is that I have to take my wife to her dad's in WV during B10s weekend, so I will be stuck in a hotel the entire weekend watching wrestling. Just doesn't get any better than that. :)
Hey Nashville .... I assume you live in your namesake? Just beginning the prep for a trip there in spring of 2022

got any suggestions for me ?

Hey Nashville .... I assume you live in your namesake? Just beginning the prep for a trip there in spring of 2022

My friend, I've got all kinds of suggestions. My old KC friends and many of my retired Army friends enjoy coming out this way every couple years or so to partake of the scene on lower Broadway (Honky Tonks with live music, fun and friendly people, and a festive party atmosphere that runs well into the morning regardless of the day). It's just a great place to get away to! I would definitely stay as close as possible to lower Broadway and then travel as needed to other destinations simply because if you're between the age of 21 and 81, your night will eventually end on lower Broadway, whether you intend for it to happen that way or not. Definitely choose a hotel close by. :)

Shoot me a buzz if you ever have questions or are curious about any of the venues. Below are a couple links just to give you a start point. :)

Feel free to shoot me a message too if you have questions. I don't live there but have been to Nashville countless times on business trips, plus a vacation with my wife.

It's a really fun town. I don't care for country music but have always had a good time there by myself or in a group.

A few tips for now:
1. While I agree with Nashville Hawk's advice on hotels, downtown and West End (Vanderbilt) hotels can get mega expensive. If that's an issue for your dates, airport and Opry-area hotels are more reasonably priced and only 15 min from downtown.
2. Bring cash to the Lower Broadway bars. No cover charges, the bands play for tips. (It's a great system -- they play really hard because that's how they earn money.)
3. Bars on the south side of Broadway (same side as the hockey arena) allow smoking. Bars on the north side of Broadway are non-smoking.
4. For a late night break from the Broadway crowds: go to the Bridge Bar at the Renaissance Hotel. 3rd floor glass bar/piano lounge overlooking a downtown street. Great views and more relaxed. (Bonus if you drive in: It connects to the parking garage at the library.)
5. Visit the Parthenon and city park when the building is open. Inside is a 40-ft gold statue of Athena -- IIRC it's the largest indoor statue in the country. (It's across the street from Vanderbilt. The park is very pleasant and worth strolling in nice weather.)
6. If you go to the Opry, allow some extra time to visit the adjacent Gaylord Hotel. It's like Vegas without the gambling -- 5 hotels under 1 roof, with an indoor boat tour of the building.
7. If you like stupid fun, there is a Dukes of Hazzard museum across the street from the Opry.

Reactions: OlderBudweiser
Feel free to shoot me a message too if you have questions. I don't live there but have been to Nashville countless times on business trips, plus a vacation with my wife.

It's a really fun town. I don't care for country music but have always had a good time there by myself or in a group.

A few tips for now:
1. While I agree with Nashville Hawk's advice on hotels, downtown and West End (Vanderbilt) hotels can get mega expensive. If that's an issue for your dates, airport and Opry-area hotels are more reasonably priced and only 15 min from downtown.
2. Bring cash to the Lower Broadway bars. No cover charges, the bands play for tips. (It's a great system -- they play really hard because that's how they earn money.)
3. Bars on the south side of Broadway (same side as the hockey arena) allow smoking. Bars on the north side of Broadway are non-smoking.
4. For a late night break from the Broadway crowds: go to the Bridge Bar at the Renaissance Hotel. 3rd floor glass bar/piano lounge overlooking a downtown street. Great views and more relaxed. (Bonus if you drive in: It connects to the parking garage at the library.)
5. Visit the Parthenon and city park when the building is open. Inside is a 40-ft gold statue of Athena -- IIRC it's the largest indoor statue in the country. (It's across the street from Vanderbilt. The park is very pleasant and worth strolling in nice weather.)
6. If you go to the Opry, allow some extra time to visit the adjacent Gaylord Hotel. It's like Vegas without the gambling -- 5 hotels under 1 roof, with an indoor boat tour of the building.
7. If you like stupid fun, there is a Dukes of Hazzard museum across the street from the Opry.

I concur with El-Jefe across the board. Also, as he alluded to, there are some great small dives that play live music if you want to take a break from the hustle and bustle of lower Broadway. Here are a couple links to the possibilities:

Reactions: hlstone
Absolutely! How much on the line? $50? And do you want any points are are we doing straight up? The good thing is that I have to take my wife to her dad's in WV during B10s weekend, so I will be stuck in a hotel the entire weekend watching wrestling. Just doesn't get any better than that. :)
$50 on team race at Nats.

Did Tom Brands jaw drop tonight?
I found a clip from when he heard the news...
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT